Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you exercise

How often do you workout.exercise a week?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you workout.exercise a week?

I'm only 3 1/2 weeks post op, but I try to go to my local park and walk their fitness track every day after work.

On the weekends, I just don't have time for it.

3 days a week in the gym. 30-40 minutes working weights. 35 minutes elliptical doing intervals, and finish with either working on forms or stretching for 20 final minutes. (plus I do around 50-60 push ups during the final phase to keep my body temp and heart rate up)

Then I have martial arts training 3 days a week for 2 hours.

I also take the stairs up to my office after lunch every day. 10 Flights.

Man now I am tired just thinking about all that work!!!

You would think doing all this exercise I could loose weight. I guess if I would learn to eat better I could loose that last 25 pounds.

Everyday :-)

On Monday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday I do an hour of walking.

On Tuesday, Thursday and Friday I do 2 hours of aqua aerobics (used to be only 1 hour, recently changed that though).

So yar :-)

I like aqua aerobics better than walking, but when I walk I listen to the Simpsons so I zone out and don't think about how much my body hurts going up those hills.

At the very least 2-3 times a week .................

I run 4-5 days a week, 4-11 miles each session. I work out in the gym one day a week with a trainer, at least one day on my own. I do a pool session with a masters swim group and an open Water swim once a week. I ride my bike at least 30-50 miles one day a week.

Ok, I'm a little obsessed:eek:. I am training to do Triathlons in the spring.

I have been exercising now for 4 weeks - 3x/week. I am finding that I really enjoy it (never thought I would) and I am pushing myself harder every time I go to the gym. The 1st mile on the elliptical now is much easier. I normally do 3 miles on the elliptical and some strength training. Loving it!

There was a point in time (mid twenties) where my life revolved around the gym. I was addicted. Then I met my wife, started enjoying the couple life, started traveling for work, had a kid, and then BOOM 340 pounds...

I am now a little (maybe a lot) older with many more responsibilities in life than I had at age 26, so its harder to find the time for the gym. Within the last 4 months or so I have begun to reach the point of addiction again. I now find myself planning my life around gym and martial arts training. Almost everything (and sometimes everything) takes a back seat to my workout time.

Although I absolutely love the rush this addiction provides me, I also see the toll its taking on my family life. My poor 7 year old is especially paying the price. She doesn't like being stuck in the kids center for 8+ hours a week.

My father died from cancer at the age of 39, and I am currently 39, so I have a real demon inside me pushing me this year, and I can only hope my family understands this and is patient with me. :(

B-Man,

I’m sure your family would rather have a slightly obsessed gym rat dad/husband than a chronically ill or dead dad/husband. I too struggle with making time for everything, there are no easy answers but I do know it’s worth it. Keep it up.

I can totally see how you can become addicted to working out. I work out with my husband at his place of employment (they have an awesome facility) and he only wants to go 3x/week. I would go 5-6 times if it were up to me. We do have a treadmill and some DVD workout videos at home, so I think on the days we don't go to the gym, I'm going to push myself to workout at home.