Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What election issue is most important to you?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What election issue is most important to you?

• Healthcare
    • 2 Wars
    • Jobs/Economy
    • Education
    • Deficit
    • Gulf Oil Spill
    • Ground Zero Mosque
    • Immigration
    • Gay Marriage
    • Government Spending
    • Abortion
    • Other

Hey, Kartman, welcome back. I always enjoy your posts. Great job with your weight loss and running. One of the many criteria for dividing people into two camps would be runners and non-runner. Put me squarely in the non-running camp and in awe of those who run. Good luck with the Triathlon.

I was always in the non-runner camp when I was heavy. After losing my weight and getting to goal I was still afraid to run and avoided it. One of my biking buddies has been trying to get me interested in Triathlons and has been trying to talk me down from my fears of running. I have to tell you, it’s a hell of a lot easier to run when you don't have an extra 100lbs of flab attached to your belly. I've made 3 solid runs so far and am working my way up to the 3 miles needed for the Sprint Triathlons I will be doing. Who knew getting in shape would be so fun?

I was always in the non-runner camp when I was heavy. After losing my weight and getting to goal I was still afraid to run and avoided it. One of my biking buddies has been trying to get me interested in Triathlons and has been trying to talk me down from my fears of running. I have to tell you, it’s a hell of a lot easier to run when you don't have an extra 100lbs of flab attached to your belly. I've made 3 solid runs so far and am working my way up to the 3 miles needed for the Sprint Triathlons I will be doing. Who knew getting in shape would be so fun?

Well, while I exercise everyday - treadmill, aerobic videos, weight lifting I will never be a runner despite my 75lb. weight loss. I just think it takes a certain mind set or brain chemicals or something to be a runner and like I said, I am impressed by those who run. Good luck to you. I know you will do well - because you have that "mind set".

thought this site was for weight lost, and not about election discussion

tommy if you thought that, you would be incorrect. There are threads everywhere on this site about lots of different topics.

If politics makes you uncomfortable, you might want to avoid the "Rants & Raves" area.

thought this site was for weight lost, and not about election discussion

Didn't you read the Rant & Rave forum that said "OFF TOPIC" before you entered? We discuss any and everything here. If you want just weight loss discussions, then it's best not to come in here.

Someone sent me an internet forward that is making the rounds about women's voting rights. It speaks of the women who suffered dreadfully trying to get women the right to vote. Have you seen it? It makes you want to cry when you talk to women who don't vote.

Someone sent me an internet forward that is making the rounds about women's voting rights. It speaks of the women who suffered dreadfully trying to get women the right to vote. Have you seen it? It makes you want to cry when you talk to women who don't vote.

I have seen it. It is powerful. That's why I will never understand someone who doesn't vote. There is NO excuse. There are absentee ballots for those who can't get to the polls. There are countries where people wait hours or even days to vote. Here we just shrug it off. If the 2000 presidential election taught us anything it is that EVERY vote counts.

If you don't vote your have absolutely ZERO right to complain about anything.

I have seen it. It is powerful. That's why I will never understand someone who doesn't vote. There is NO excuse. There are absentee ballots for those who can't get to the polls. There are countries where people wait hours or even days to vote. Here we just shrug it off. If the 2000 presidential election taught us anything it is that EVERY vote counts.

If you don't vote your have absolutely ZERO right to complain about anything.

People in this country are spoiled. We take too much for granted. You have Afghans, Iraqis so happy to have the opportunity to vote that they risk their lives so they can possibly make their lives better.

Dems out number reps. Theres no reason we should have to worry about reps f-ing things up again! Hey you short memoried dems get off your a$$es and vote! Im so sick and tired of hearing the conservative news channels(conservative my a$$ by the way, they spend more money than anyone!)talk about how Obama cant do anything right. It would be so great to shut these selfish morons up. All we need to do is show up at the polls. I think a few minutes out of your day are worth the price of getting the economy back on track. The economy is going to improve after the Iraq pullout and with the winding down of Afghanistan. If the reps are running congress while this happens they will take credit and the next pres. election will start the circle of hell all over again!!!!!!!!!! So dems think ahead, get out and vote. Its a priviledge we should not take for granted, YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!

If jobs is the number one issue then all you need to know is this chart. So why would anyone vote to go back to the republican policies that put us in that red zone and against the ones that got us into the blue zone. But, hey, if people are that stupid, they deserve what they get.

bushvsobamajobsupdated.jpg

Obamacare 1, Foes 0

That's how the scorecard reads after a federal judge ruled late last week that the most constitutionally controversial part of the new health care reform law health -- the one requiring Americans to buy health insurance or pay a penalty -- passes muster. The suit was filed in March, immediately after the health care law was signed by President Obama, by a conservative activist group called the Thomas More Law Center. Judge George Steeh wrote that Congress, via the Commerce Clause, has the constitutional authority to require such a mandate: "There is a rational basis to conclude that, in the aggregate, decisions to forego insurance coverage in preference to attempting to pay for health care out of pocket drive up the cost of insurance," an issue that would come under Congressional purview.

This is the first of what will be many rulings on the constitutionality of the law, an issue that may ultimately be decided by the U.S. Supreme Court.

Insurance companies 1 The people 0

What we need is universal health care. We don't need insurance companies to stay in control of our health care needs.

Sure, it makes sense to get everyone in the system rather than having some of us paying higher and higher premiums to help pay for the uninsured. But this for profit system stinks and we're stupid for not working out a better plan than what we've settled for.

Please don't take that as a slam against the president or Congress who caused the so-called "Obamacare" to happen. I'm amazed and mystified that they were able to get anything done at all with the Republican obstructionists in the mix. I'm just sayin...