Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2010 Bandsters!!

10/20/10 MY LUCKY DAY FINALLY AFTER A YEAR OF WAITING I HAVE A DATE WITH THE SURGEON DR. JOHN W BAKER IN LITTLE ROCK, ARKANSAS, LOOKING FOR A BAND BUDDY??:thumbup::thumbup::tongue2:

Me too - October 6 after waiting 9 months. I am in Illinois and watching the fall weather roll in, thinking how much spring will mean to me this year!

By now you already did your upper GI and Im sure like me you were like..."Thats all it was?" I didnt feel any pain and everything went well. And yes they found the Hiatial Hernia, which is repaired during surgery.

As far as "Optifast Light", here's what they mean.

2 weeks of Optifast Light involves a shake for Breakfast and lunch, one for an in between snack, and a light dinner. It could be chicken and a salad, or even a Lean Cuisine. Im doing this now until the 23rd.

Then its 2 weeks of Optifast. Nothing but Optifast :P Five shakes a day. I plan on having another 1 or 2 shakes in between meals to make it about 7. Throw in sugar free Jello and broth. Nothing else. I asked about apples or even celery. They said nope.

The Optifast 800 is the shakes I have. And I figured out why its called Optifast 800. They recommend 5 a day. At 160 calories each, that adds up to 800. At least I think thats what it means :thumbup:

The chocolate is great, the vanilla is tolerable. I havent tried strawberry but Im ordering it this weekend.

I see someone came up with Boo tiful Bandsters. Very clever. I originally thought the generic "pumpkin Patch" or the very derogatory "The Plump-Kin Patch" LOL

The upper GI was very simple...as I said I was terrified but all I had to do is drink that nasty stuff and lay on my stomach. I was definitely like "that's it?" :(

Thanks for the info on the optifast..I'll get my supply from the surgeon on the 20th :) We'll see how it goes! Not really looking forward to it.

HI! I'm in NJ and I'm getting banded on Oct. 8th! I have my Upper GI tomorrow, Sept 14. I've had this before for and it's not bad (as long as I'm out for it).

I'm nervous, scared but I'm going full steam ahead. Looking at everyone's pictures(before and after) and reading the blogs - I know I'm making the right decision.

Hi genc :( I'm nervous too the closer my date gets. Mine is Oct. 7

But it's a good nervous, I'm excited and ready to get this party started!

Me too. 8 Oct. But since I am in Sydney Australia, I will be up and running by the time you get your op. I am so glad for you.

We might as well be twins... you know what I mean.

Be strong girl. Must admit, the waiting is killing. Starting Optifast next week and 3 weeks after the op going to Thailand on a 2 month holiday... hope it all goes well... lol - If you dont live on the edge... you are taking up too much space... my motto

October 18th for me also,I'm beginning to get very nervous because it seem's like September is really going fast,I can't belive the months like half over already.:(

Is anyone doing "my last time for this" or "my last time for that" this month? LOL

The very last weekend before I have to start full liquids, my honey is making me a roast with all the fixins.

This coming weekend I'm going to get all my boxes of clothes from the attic and start sorting them into sizes.

Lucky for me, I have a friend who lost some weight and she gave me a bunch of clothes in sizes 18 and 16. Bad thing is she has short legs, so the pants may be too short lol. I am currently in size 22. I have clothes from size 14 to size 20 in boxes, so at least I won't have to shop. Most of my weight gain has been in the last 6 years, I hpe my skin snaps back! lol

I'm worried about the skin, but in the long run, I'd rather have some loose skin and feel better physically and mentally than have tight skin and feel like crap.

I just got the date today! October 6th, I am soooo excited!!!!

I finally got my date today!! Woohoo! Feel like I have been waiting forever. October 18th they offered me the 5th but b/c of my work schedule I could not do it :unsure: I feel so much better though that I have a date and can now make plans, with time off work etc...

Who else is getting banded in October? I think it will be nice to have others to compare feelings and stories with, as we are going through this.

Good Luck to everyone! New Chapter here I come :crying:

i have a date for oct 6th,but i still need to get approved from medicare.

i know that they will pay 80% and i dont know how i will pay the the rest,unless they let me make payments every month,because i only get ssi/disability which isnt much.

i'm sure i can work it out somehow.best of luck to you:sad:

Is anyone doing "my last time for this" or "my last time for that" this month? LOL

The very last weekend before I have to start full liquids, my honey is making me a roast with all the fixins.

This coming weekend I'm going to get all my boxes of clothes from the attic and start sorting them into sizes.

Lucky for me, I have a friend who lost some weight and she gave me a bunch of clothes in sizes 18 and 16. Bad thing is she has short legs, so the pants may be too short lol. I am currently in size 22. I have clothes from size 14 to size 20 in boxes, so at least I won't have to shop. Most of my weight gain has been in the last 6 years, I hpe my skin snaps back! lol

I'm worried about the skin, but in the long run, I'd rather have some loose skin and feel better physically and mentally than have tight skin and feel like crap.

I'm having serious last supper syndrome...it really sucks and I wish I didn't but I just can't seem to help myself. It's mostly with bread, rice and Pasta...the things that my dr told me I wouldn't be able to eat after the surgery.

I'm starting my 2 wk liquid diet on the 22nd and I'm super nervous about. I'm sure I'll be fine though. lol

I'm EXTREMELY nervous about the loose skin also...seems like the only thing I worry about, I'm a recent college graduate and a broke one at that so money for any plastic surgery is out of the question...but staying positive and hoping for the best. :unsure:

Good luck!

I just got the date today! October 6th, I am soooo excited!!!!

Yay! We'll be band-sisters! lol Mine is first thing in the morning, 8 am...how about yours?

Hi, to all you OCTOBER 2010 Bandsters I'm a OCTOBER 2009 Bandster. I'm telling you hang on to ur hats. because I know how excited, nervous you all are and let me tell you, theirs gonna be good days and some bad. But the good out ways the bad by tons. I started out at 268lbs now i'm 166lbs went from a 22-24 pants to a size 10-12 pants. Let me tell you its the most single best thing i've ever done for myself. Their will be bumps along the way and you will think what have I done I still have that sometimes but just remember you wanted a change in your life. but when you start buying smaller clothes and getting all the comments it will boost your self-esteem so much that it out ways all those other times. SO HERES TO A NEW START IN LIFE. LIVE IT TO THE FULLEST. This time next year I hope you are doing the exact same thing i'm doing right now. Sharing with newbies that are about to start the adventrue of a lifetime. Good Luck To All! will look forward to hearing from yall. 102lbs yeah, BABY!!!!!!!!!!

Va_Viv at your age, I bet your skin will snap back :unsure:

Start using moisturizing shower gel. The oil of olay is really good. Also lotion to moisturize your skin. Can't hurt! :crying:

Congrats to the new ones getting approved!

Thanks Cindylou and congrats on your success!

Edited by PuppyBandit

Yay! We're getting closer...

I'm going in for my pre-op class and tests on Monday 9/20. Still set for surgery on 10/5. Getting nervous...

IF everything goes to plan, I'll be banded on 10/15. Crossing fingers!