Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 years and counting

Carmen,

I can't thank you enough this morning for your wonderful and timely post.....I needed to hear something uplifting and positive today.

I am also thrilled to hear you say you have had no problems since you and I have the same surgeon!!!

Continued success, Carmen.

THANK YOU for this wonderful story Carmen!!! I am so happy for you. I think it should be a requirement for everyone to post on their anniversaries. We love to read them. They are so inspiring.

You are beautiful Carmen

Carmen this post came straight from your heart and into mine!!!! You have made me think that my 1 yr bandiversay is coming up and I better start putting my feelings and changes of my life into words !!!

Thanks for sharing and you have done an awsome job with your band. You keep moving forward with such a good outlook and you will continue to be an inspiration to us all!!!!! Bravo to you!!!!!

Carmen

thanks so much for this post, I am only 10 months post op, and I too would not change a thing about my experience with the band so far. I love my band and to date have lost 67 pounds. Its so nice to read such a positive post.

Well done

Gaynor

What an inspirational story!!! Thnak you for sharing your story with us...I know for myself I wish things would go quicker and I get frustrated because of the gastric bypass people but you have enlighted me and given me hope....Thanks again!!!....Cindy

Congratulations to you! I am so glad you took the time to write your story...it wasan't boring at all! It is important to us relative newbies to hear long-term success stories, too, and the details of how it was done. I think we are all pioneers in a way, and experience IS the best teacher! Thanks so much, Cindy

Being the new bandster that I am, I was very happy to read your post. I think it's very important to hear stories of the Long Term Banded. I was really starting to think that I may have made the wrong decision by getting the band. Seems everyone around here is having problems. To be honest with you, if I was new to this site and not banded yet, I don't think I would have made the same decision. I am happy with my band but it's the erosions and slippages that scare the Bejesus out of me. I only pray that someday I will be able to write a post about "the band I got several years ago."

Good luck to you and your continued success! And Thank You!

Great post! This board is great about sharing all aspects of the band. The bad and the GOOD. You have done wonderful with your band and I am glad that all has gone relatively smooth. I am so thankful for getting the band vs. bypass (my first thought). My brain is coming to terms with my food issues, my body is able to lose the excess without starvation/malnutrition, and my soul is happy that I've done something for myself.

Hey bandsister! Thanks for checking in with us and giving us an update. You should be very proud of yourself. You are an inspiration!

Megan

Beautiful post Carmen... Thanks so much and congratulations on finding your beautiful self again. Your a very strong lady, stay that way.

HUGS !!!

Thank you so much for sharing your story (and it wasn't in the least bit boring!). Like kimberly6671, I am waiting to be banded in January and was really getting jittery with all the complications I was reading about. It's great to hear about the people who have not had difficulties from the band itself. We all have difficulties with food issues, and it was inspiring to read how you faced them and did what you needed to do. We all have a beautiful, sexy person inside, and I'm glad you found her again. Your post reminded me that this isn't a day by day decision...sometimes its minute by minute, but it can definitely be done.

Thanks again for sharing. You should be so proud of yourself. Continue the excellent work and give yourself a hug!

Emily

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches