Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

Woo Hoo Wednesday! Hope everyone is good! Just a few more to get banded! :smile2:

So I weighed myself yesterday... looks like no change, still 15 lbs, but Im hoping thats because "aunt flow is coming to visit soon" .

But at the same time, I checked my measurements and I lost 3.5 inches off my upper waist (smallest part), 4.5 off my belly (belly button belly), 4 inches off my pouch (that nastey lower belly women get), 1/2 inch off my hips and 2 inches off my chest! Soooo even though the pounds aren't going away, seems that the blubber is still shrinking.

I started at the gym again so Im hoping that will help boost the pounds. The pounds were shedding really fast before I began eating normal food...

Brian- Im able to eat anything soft, meaning anything that can be mushed with a fork. But because Im not seeing pounds shed, I am going to try to do 2 or 3 meals as Jello, pudding or yogart and 1 meal, some sort of soft meat/soft food. See if that helps anything.

I think it is also BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION. It is like the animal that keeps getting shocked when it does something, sooner or later, it stops doing the behavior. The Band restricts me when I can't do it for myself. It is negative reinforcement like a slap on the wrist for bad behavior. Eventually after a lifetime of bad behavior I will slowly but surely have to change my ways.

Brian--It most definitely is behavior modification. I believe success with the band is 90% behavior and 10% food. I strongly believe it's all about making the best choices, whether it's fried vs baked, half of a piece vs whole piece, stairs vs elevator. You must make concientious choices all day every day. So many times I see bandsters post about how they can't understand why they're not losing weight with the band. Then, in the same post, they question if it was okay to eat 10 pcs of chicken mcnuggets and a whole piece of chocolate cake! It amazes me yet I feel these people need our help and support. I'm only a week into this journey, but I feel like I've got it figured out. Actually practicing what I preach will be challenge, no doubt. After 38 years of making all the wrong choices, there will be challenges. But with the support of other bandsters just like you, I know we can do it! Good Luck to you and I look forward to watching your progress in this journey!

8 HRS LEFT UNTIL I HAVE TO BE AT THE HOSPITAL FOR MY BAND! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S FINALLY HERE!

It's been a blast being part of this Sept banders forum but kinda felt like I was never ever going to get to where the rest of you were. Now, I'm going to be there, too.

Debbie--Happy thoughts for a great surgery and easy recovery coming your way! Good Luck and we'll see you in Bandland!!!

I'm so glad I'm not alone! I'm trying to reset my mind-- I'm not in a weight loss mode (I'm pretty sure I'm not getting ENOUGH calories to lose weight considering how little I'm eating), but a recovery mode. Loss will really start when I can go back to low carb.

I say that and I've still lost over 10 lbs since surgery. See, I'm crazy!

Lyla--You are absolutely NOT crazy! I think the exact same way as you on this. I know I'm not eating enough right now, but eating like I have been for the past week is NOT how I plan to eat for the rest of my life. I hate Soup, I hate jell-o, I hate pudding (well, only when I'm being forced to eat it!) Once I get some real food and texture, I know I'll eat enough to get ENOUGH calories to get on a good burn. I'm eating less than a bird right now, but it's totally necessary for recovery purposes.

Off my soapbox now! It's great to hear from all you this month and I hope we all can stay in touch.

David Glad to see you post and that you are doing well!

Well, guys... I have to say I am feeling much better than I was yesterday morning with not being able to hold anything down. But now, my ribs hurt when drawing in a deep breath and I have that ache in my left shoulder... thought I had gotten past the "gas" stage... Boo!!

Tomorrow will be one week post-op... It says I can start adding soft meats back into my diet as well as hearty bean soups... wondering if that mean chili? I am ready for something with a little substance.

Dont know if anyone would be interested in an AWESOME Weight Watcher Chili recipe...??

1 Med Onion

1 Lb Lean Ground Beef/Turkey

1 pkg Ranch Dressing Mix (powder)

1 pkg Taco Seasoning (Low Sodium)

1 can Yellow Corn - Drained (can we have this?)

2 cans Black Beans - Drained

2 cans stewed tomatoes

1 can Rotelle

-Brown ground beef, last 5 minutes of cooking, add onion (chopped) Drain off any remaining fat.

You can then add all ingredients into large pot, or in crockpot. Let cook/simmer for at least 45 minutes.

I had pureed chili twice earlier this week and it was heaven! It was definitely the first thing I've eaten since surgery that was satisfying psychologically as well as physically B) My recipe is different though!

Yum! That chili recipe sounded great! If any of you have found any good recipes to last you through the pureed food stage, please let me know. I would like to be able to get some Protein in my body in a yummy fashion :-)

I had pureed chili twice earlier this week and it was heaven! It was definitely the first thing I've eaten since surgery that was satisfying psychologically as well as physically B) My recipe is different though!

That recipe sounds awesome. How many servings does it make? I am going to try it tomorrow. I had tilapia and mashed carrots for dinner last night- Wow it tasted wonderful. I think if I don't try anything sweet, it won't wake up those taste buds. It will be three weeks and the only thing I have had resembling sweets is the Isopure drinks.

My biggest downfall was coffee with lots of Creamer. I have had only black cherry tea for three weeks now. I guess my real test will be when I go back to work on Monday.

Yum! That chili recipe sounded great! If any of you have found any good recipes to last you through the pureed food stage, please let me know. I would like to be able to get some Protein in my body in a yummy fashion :-)

I don't know if your eating plan will allow this, but I plan to make the "fake lasagna" tonight and add sausage to the marinara (pureed of course) to get in extra protein. Basically it is layering ricotta, mozz cheese, and marinara like you would with lasagna, just without the noodles. Everyone raves about it.

I don't know if your eating plan will allow this, but I plan to make the "fake lasagna" tonight and add sausage to the marinara (pureed of course) to get in extra Protein. Basically it is layering ricotta, mozz cheese, and marinara like you would with lasagna, just without the noodles. Everyone raves about it.

Oh this sounds yummy too. Now I have some recipes to take to the grocery store tomorrow. Maybe I will try ground turkey with it, or if I can find some low cal sausage. Thanks.

8am tomorrow morning I will be rolling into surgery as one of the last month of September Bandsters. I hope everyone from surgery today is doing well and I will be there along with you soon! Nervous.......... B)

Good luck to you, Mrsbure...I will be right there with ya....At the surgery center at 6:30 and surgery time is 9:00am

I will be thinking about you as I am FREAKING out until they drug me....lol

here i am doing laps around the denver aairport, feeling and looking like a homeless person, wishing i could ditch my luggage, but certain security would tackle me. just paid 4$ for ckicken noodle Soup and drained the broth and left the rest behind. funny day.

Good luck to everyone today and tomorrow the last day in Sept. We all will be here for you. Check in and let us know how you are doing.

Good luck to you, Mrsbure...I will be right there with ya....At the surgery center at 6:30 and surgery time is 9:00am
8am tomorrow morning I will be rolling into surgery as one of the last month of September Bandsters. I hope everyone from surgery today is doing well and I will be there along with you soon! Nervous.......... B)

mrs bure & qtney1 -- Best wishes and prayers for tomorrow!

I am writing from my hospital room complete with ice bag on my belly and glass of ice chips. IT'S DONE!!! I can't believe it really happened.

Since I am only a few hrs post-band I don't have much advice except this: make sure you advocate for yourself and that your family knows some of the lapband rules. Befoe I was truly awake from anethesia, they brought me Water with a straw and some apple juice -- neither of which I should have. Then, a bit ago they brought be a tylenol for my headache -- a HUGE capsule. I had it half way to my mouth before I realized that would never make it through the bandl They gave me a funny look when I said I couldn't have it like that!

It's a great hospital, I just don't think the staff is very well educated in land band patients I will definitely be talking to the surgeon about it as they need to ensure their patients are well careful for. After all, this is unfamiliar to us, too; we're sleepy, medicated, in pain, and brand-new banders -- we can't be expected to know/remember/be alert to everything. And, if you at least tell your family the "rules", they can help you remember (which I didn't think to do.)

Now what you REALLY want to know:

-- the incision pain is minimal

-- the gas pain is pretty uncomfortable

-- haven't experienced any hunger yet but it's only been 8 hrs or so.

Again, Best of luck.

Debbie

Our Month is Over:

Good luck tomorrow to our last group of bandies.

September 30 - mrsbure, cndalbs, qtney1, yacht4

161 crossed over to Band Land in September 2010: B) WE MADE IT :rolleyes2::thumbup:

1reign - from FL

ahlmanfamily - from MA

aliciaj - from PA

ally UK - from England

Angel82 - from MN

angellegna29 - from NJ

angelpix - from MN

AnnaOz - from Brisbane, Australia

babyk - from CA

bandalley - from Alberta Canada

banded922 - Kay from DE

BandedNellie - from CT

blondeej - from TX

Brian-LA - Brian from LA

Bunny7 - Des from South Africa

busywildmom - Laurie from Edmonton, Alberta

Butterfly2010 - from NC

CalaCake - from PA

candy Rain - from Gloucester, OT

CdnBlondie - from FL

cece1967 -from CA

chriper - from IL

cicigirl - from CA

cndalbs - from CA

cocobeanie03- from NY

ConB113 - from FL

cortneyhughes - from TX

CSE - Christine from MA

CSinTX - Cathy from TX

ctrose - from CT

danide - Danielle from NY

david314 - from CA

debrarh - from GA

Desiree1972 - from GA

donna niemi - from FL

donnalys - from AL

donnasang - from CT

drm1123 - from NY

ebeeze824 -

ebonykisses - from NJ

emsbugbug - Christi from GA

Esin - from London, England

etexlady - from TX

fldanny - Danny from FL

finderherself - from CA

Freshstart2010 - Christi from CA

Foxracing1201 - from CA

girlbanded - from TN

glitteryvampiregirl - Catherine from AL

gracerev - Pastor from GA

HAD_ENOUGH - from CA

Harleybleu - from NY

helgainaz - from AZ

highlojack - Brenda from RI

hocuspocus - from Syndey, Australia

hserra - from WA

ILUVFOOD - from NJ

Jason's mom - Jan from NC

jayden91508 - from TX

jlr58 - from NJ

jmariedel - from VA

jshort - Jennifer from MO

margaretann - from TX

Marte80 - from NC

matzobeans - from CA

melonie - from MO

KAS1971 - from MA

kierstyun2010 - from

KimK813 - from AL

kimmila - from CA

kittykat56 - Kathi from OH

kmckinleyrn - from IL

Kmommy - from Doha, OT

kosy2 - from MD

krieck - from OK

kydman - from KY

Kysmith72 - from RI

LadyT39 - from FL

Lanah - from TX

LannahLouise - from Brisbane, Australia

latin_starr - from TX

lauravarley - from TX

lbtss16 - from IL

ledgins - Lisa from NC

leeblewb - from VA

lemonchick - from TX

LisaA - Lisa from OH

lillyegg - from NY

lovemysgt - from TX

Loyalfriend - from NC

Mandyrae - from TX

maria_r - Maria from IL

maxi2010 - Maxi from NY

melissa4773 - Melissa from IA

missjoany - from NC

mom05 - from CA

monicaleon18 - Moni from TX

motherbear - from NH

mrsbure - from FL

MrsFitand42 - Tiffany from TN

mrsmontero12607 - Dana from FL

msmith73 - from NH

mytrice - from FL

Nani4five - from MI

Natalka - from WA

neenee717 - from NC

newbs - from IA

NYsLegend78 - from NJ

ocbutterfly - from CA

Okie_59 - from OK

Olsweetmusic - from FL

onegr8teachr - from AL

onceuponaband - Paige from OH

Paigey - from GA

Pammyl - from RI

panna - from LA

papoose - from NJ

peggycas - from TX

piperboo - from AR

playermimi - from MA

pooky032281 - Erin from OK

psychrn - from ME

purplevic -from FL

qtney1 - from MO

ready4change10 - from PA

RACandler - from NJ

risenhour1 - from FL

rkwilliams1013 - Rebecca from GA

RN.Violet - from KY

Run Girl Run - from MO

sannersplace72 - Sandy from MD

SarahMarie123 - from WA

sarwenc - Sarah from IN

Scarred4Life - Tiffany from FL

shellyh - Shelly from MA

shushuandanniesmom - Jamie from IL

spitfireleo - from MA

sourmissg - Gale from PA

South Dakota Girl - from SD

Stateofzen - Lyla from AL

stephanie1975 - from Victoria, Canada

stephanie24p - Stephanie from IL

Stormrider - from IN

sugarmoma - from IL

sunny day - from NY

sweetmuzic4u - from PA

swissnis - from IL

teach830 - from MI

tmaunte - from Glenside PE

the8re0221 - from CA

TheMaxwellFamily- from IN

Tsaleen - from CA

vega1star - from MI

WAH.MOM - from WI

wanna.b.healthy - Debbie from MI

wendyhart - from PA

wishful-thinking

yacht4u - from FL

younghippiechick - from CA

Zippy74 - from CA

Hey everyone, I hope you have all had a great week. At first I thought I was too tight, but now that the swelling from the fill has subsided, I'm pretty good. I can eat just a very small amount of food, then I'm satisfied. My poor husband is figuring out that I pass all my leftovers to him and my oldest daughter! LOL...better them than me!

Good luck to all being banded tomorrow, we have quite a group of September bandsters! I hope this finds all of you doing well, talk again soon!