Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

and Cathy CS with all those fills, are you in your sweet spot yet- you've been banded the longest an had 2 fills, what's it like - are you on you 'normal' sirt now-

Hi Lisa,

Glad to hear from you today. Are you home yet? Did the people in the Denver airport even realize that you walked past them several times? I bet not.

No sweet spot yet. I had a 3rd fill last week of another 3 cc's, so I now have 9cc's in this band. Today I had my 4th appointment (no more fills) but was told that I could start eating mushies tomorrow. That is music to my ears. I completed 7 weeks of a liquid diet. I liked the weight loss but I'm real excited to start eating tomorrow. But then I'm scared because I have 9ccs in this band and I have no idea what to expect and what the feelings will be telling me.

Brian has got me scared to death about eating too much. I have only puked 3 times in my life and I want it to remain that way.

Gale - glad to hear that you are doing ok. Bet you are so happy to have this behind you.

Sarah - I don't recall seeing a post-op post from you. How are you doing?

Cathy

That recipe sounds awesome. How many servings does it make? I am going to try it tomorrow. I had tilapia and mashed carrots for dinner last night- Wow it tasted wonderful. I think if I don't try anything sweet, it won't wake up those taste buds. It will be three weeks and the only thing I have had resembling sweets is the Isopure drinks.

My biggest downfall was coffee with lots of Creamer. I have had only black cherry tea for three weeks now. I guess my real test will be when I go back to work on Monday.

The chili recipe makes quite a bit - but if you dont say anything about it being weight watchers - even the guys like it! For the non-dieters, they can add sour cream, cheddar cheese and eat it with Fritos or tortilla chips..

I don't know if your eating plan will allow this, but I plan to make the "fake lasagna" tonight and add sausage to the marinara (pureed of course) to get in extra Protein. Basically it is layering ricotta, mozz cheese, and marinara like you would with lasagna, just without the noodles. Everyone raves about it.

Lyla - that sounds AWESOME!! Thanks for sharing... If I wasnt looking forward to Friday already?!?! (thats when I can start with the cheeses and ground meats...YUM :drool:

I'm offically a bandster!! hoorayyyy! So far so good..the pain is tolerable [with pain killers, of course] I'm looking forward to what the future hold for me!

I hit my first thirty pound goal today! Wahoo! Exercise is getting easier, I think I have my eating down to a routine and still believe this is the best thing I've ever done for myself.

I did manage to have a mini-stuck episode yesterday...was watching TV and eating a turkey and cheese wrap... distracted, forgot to chew, and was in PAIN for about ten minutes. Now I've learned my lesson, and I no longer eat distracted. Thank God I didn't puke, but now I know what a PB feels like. Lesson Learned-Won't Happen Again!

I started my mushies today!!! YAY!!! Cream of Wheat has never tasted so good in my life!! :) I am two weeks post surgery and I have lost a total of 33 lbs., so all of those that are struggling, hang in there....it is all worth it!!! :drool: Best of luck to everyone! Have a great 'Friday Eve!!'

Last day to be classified as a September Bandster!!

Hi Everyone, I was banded on the 21st September 2010 and after 7 days of having nothing but liquids lost 8kg post op, but found nothing was filling me up and I could drink as much as I wanted, so I tested the band and had a pancake (big no no) I know it was wrong, but I thought the band would stop me from eating it, but it went down fine, so the next day i rang the doctors surgery and told them and they said they do not fill the band for eight weeks (what the?) and the band was completly open at this time. The reason they do not fill it at surgery is to give the body time to heal itself. I am from Australia is this the norm? Trying so hard not to cheat, really upset the band won't be filled for another 6.5 weeks. :-(

Hi Everyone, I was banded on the 21st September 2010 and after 7 days of having nothing but liquids lost 8kg post op, but found nothing was filling me up and I could drink as much as I wanted, so I tested the band and had a pancake (big no no) I know it was wrong, but I thought the band would stop me from eating it, but it went down fine, so the next day i rang the doctors surgery and told them and they said they do not fill the band for eight weeks (what the?) and the band was completly open at this time. The reason they do not fill it at surgery is to give the body time to heal itself. I am from Australia is this the norm? Trying so hard not to cheat, really upset the band won't be filled for another 6.5 weeks. :-(

My recovery is the same. My surgery was on 09/11. I have not had a fill yet. No fill for at least a month,till I heal more, so I think that is why we can eat more. But I am following the plan, and chewing and chewing. Hopefully it won't be a big shock when we get our first fill ( I have a luncheon the very next day) and certainly do not want to puke! I am often hungry as well, but having egg beaters and cheese, and tilapia has been filling me up. Been mashing up bananas and carrots. Good luck to ya, I think it's all about choices. My

nutritionist said if I am really hungry, it's ok to eat something just make it healthy and about 15 G of Protein.< /span>

ii am home! my kids are emotional wrecks, the 2 year old keeps trying to make me pick her up, I'm trying not to, we've all been in tears today. geez. and with all this emotion I just want some nice comfort food- Duh, keep reading my end to over eating book and trying to get with this whole mental thing, and better understanding my the programing so I can break it, but it's hard when my options are tea and gatorade and broth.< /p>

Moondra, my band is that way, my Dr.s want 21 days of liquid before solid food period, they talk alot about if you eat now it will make losing you might get a way with it, but it will make losing the weight 6 months from now harder. I believe this is called banding hell. or actually once you are all healed and eating solids, in a couple weeks, you are a week out, you should be able to do some drinkable yogurt and maybe even protien shake. I know it's hard, but it's worth it.

Cathy good luck with eating, Really 7 weeks liquid, and you are all filled, that is so different then my doc, very interesting. man you are hard core to do 7 weeks liquid, like a rock star. and 33 lbs lost that's great.

I'm 18 down pre surgery, I might have already said that, i"m in a haze.

my pain is so minimal, except when the 2 year old is hausing around on me.

Lisa

Part of my lapband journey is OA (overeaters anonymous).

There you will find people just like us. Trying to obstain from compulsive overeating, which clearly we all suffer from. There are people who have had different types of weight loss surgery who are aware that the old habits do return without a support system. Hope no one is offended but I just want all of us to be successful!!!!:drool:

i had my surgery on 9/22, everyday gets better. Still on a liquid diet until 10/12 and i won't be adjusted for another 7 weeks. ugghh. i think i am hungry but i just drink Water or something liquid. then gas builds up. what a life. but i think this will help me take the weight off.

Part of my LAP-BAND®® journey is OA (overeaters anonymous).

There you will find people just like us. Trying to obstain from compulsive overeating, which clearly we all suffer from. There are people who have had different types of weight loss surgery who are aware that the old habits do return without a support system. Hope no one is offended but I just want all of us to be successful!!!!:drool:

Thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking that or Weight Watchers, some kind of support group. I am three weeks out, and so VERY hungry. My next visit is Oct 15, hopefully to get my first fill. It has been a difficult day to not overeat, but I am drinking tea, and making better choices. For dinner I had 6 soy meatballs with 1/2 c. spaghetti sauce. I mashed up the meatballs, and it was satisfying. I went to the hairdressers to get my hair done, and she did my eyebrows too, so when I go back to work on Monday at least I will look better. I turned down the coffee and cream, and also the McDonalds iced coffee as well!! As you said, it's our choices that got us into trouble the first time around.

Hi Cathy, Yes I'm very happy the surgery is over. After the surgery I had very

minimal pain and gas. My problem is being on this liquid diet, I

have to try to take in 64 oz of liquid a day, I do good up until this time each day.

I'm only at 56 oz at this time my tummy start to feel tight

I will start to feel gas only in the chest in the tummy area,

then my noise will start to run, at one of the group meeting

we was told the means your full. It's not a good feeling at all.

Tomorrow I will call the Dr office.

Girl you are doing your things you lost 33lbs. :drool:

now that is wonderful. I did come down some not sure of how much I can see it in my face.

I hope everyone is doing well, and the ones that will be banded today wishing you a fast recovery.

Well, I'm offically a bandster!! :drool: Not without several bumps along the road today I'm afraid...First, my surgery was over at 10am but I had to wait in recovery until 3pm for a room to open up, that was not too bad. The real issue was that my doctor forgot to order my pca with morphine for me when I got to my room. They had to page him and I was several hours without pain medication. Not a good feeling at all!!! He also charted me as nothing by mouth until tomorrow morning. I feel like I have had a sponge in my mouth!! Even after evrything else that happenned today, I am glad it is over and I am ready to start my new life. I have been walking like crazy to help the healing and I have to say that I feel better than I thought I would. Enough of my morohine rambling...good night and sweet dreams. :)

Had my first fill on Monday...boy has this week been a change. I have had a couple episodes of things getting stuck. Not only that, but I'm so much tighter in the mornings than at night. I barely eat now, my poor husband is so sad. He said he feels bad because he feels like I don't eat at all now. I just keep reminding him of the good that is coming. Off to work tomorrow, then off for the weekend and lots of grocery shopping to do.

Have a good Friday everyone!

Had my first fill on Monday...boy has this week been a change. I have had a couple episodes of things getting stuck. Not only that, but I'm so much tighter in the mornings than at night. I barely eat now, my poor husband is so sad. He said he feels bad because he feels like I don't eat at all now. I just keep reminding him of the good that is coming. Off to work tomorrow, then off for the weekend and lots of grocery shopping to do.

Have a good Friday everyone!

What a wonderful goal to look forward to. I can't wait to get my first fill, as I am STARVING. That is why I am up so early, I ate a cottage cheese, and just now an instant Breakfast, so hungry, feeling ill. Can't sleep. Good luck to you.