Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

I was banded on Tuesday the 14th of September. I had to go back and be rebanded on Friday the 17th of September. My esophagus became irritated and was spasming. The pain was significant. Two days after the rebanding, I am running a low grade fever (100-101) and am taking it a lot easier than I thought I expected to be. My hope is undaunted and it's really easy to follow the post op diet because of the good, healthy fear I have of having to go back and be rebanded yet again. :thumbup: I'd love to hear and share stories with those of us who were banded on the same day!

9/14/2010 - 278 (two week pre op diet)

9/17/2010 - 285 (bloating from surgery gas weight, I think)

9/20/2010 - 278 (going down...yay!)

You are so brave. I was banded on 09/11 and had a fever as well. I hope you are feeling much better now.

Had my surgery Friday. Checked in at 8:30, then waited around until after 11:00- out of recovery at around 2:00 and home by 9:00 p.m.

I'm. . . ok. The liquid Lortab made me heave, so my first night was pretty excrutiating, but now I'm just cutting up regular Lortab and doing much better on pain. I woke up feeling pretty good today, but then I came to work and just taught a class and I am not good anymore:) It's a good thing I can go home after I meet with a student in a few minutes.

I had a horrible headache for the last two days that nothing would touch- not the lortab and not sleeping- so today I finally had a cup of coffee and it went away. Caffeine withdrawal!

A tip for those who haven't gone up yet or are still having shoulder pain-- I found that my airplane neck pillow really helped my pain. I don't know why- if it was the naturally occurring heat from having a fluffy pillow wrapped around your neck or if it was the support, but I always feel better when it's on.

I have not felt like eating at all-- I have to force myself right now, but I know that will change once the pain is gone.

I don't regret this but I am very ready to get through the pain portion. I think mine is actually mostly incision type pain, with some gas pain, but pain is pain and it doesn't feel good.

The liquid Lortab didn't agree with me either. I was able to keep down 1/2 a dose. It took me a few days but I think it was keeping my bowels from moving. Hope you are feeling better now.

Good morning to all from NC. I am new to the site. I received my LAP-BAND® Thurs 9/16/10. Its been a journey not knowing what to feel or expect. Been alot of gas and discomfort. But suprising to me I had a little emotional melt down where I wanted the band out night of surgery. I felt weird but was okay after given something for nausea and pain. Looking for friends to correspond with. I feel like im on an island right now. The support I had prior has wained. I think my parents are upset with me they didnt want me to do it- go figure when all of the adult women in immediate family are obese and have multiple helath problems.

Anyway, Im back at work today and we shall see how it goes:unsure:

Hello fellow North Carolinian! You are awesome going back to work so soon. Very few people know what is going on with me too. When I go out to lunch with my friends (once a month) this one girl says things like don't take her order, she doesn't need to eat anything. And she is my friend! I had panicked for two days following surgery, literally wanted to give my kitties back to the shelter and check into rehab. But after talking to my case manager, she talked me down, me and kitties are still here. I had one night where I thought I was starving, and decided I probably did not have enough to eat for the day. So I am counting calories, Protein and carbohydrates- losing 1-2 pounds a week will be just fine with me. Let us know how it went back at work. I am kinda scared of that. Not sure what food to bring etc.

Hi September Bandster Fam :)

Tomorrow is "The Day" at 11am. I can't wait I have been extremely anxious for weeks maybe months now. I haven't experienced any nervousness yet.

I started my liquid diet 9/13/2010 by choice. The doctor only recommended 9/15/2010 until the surgery date. The liquid diet was not at all bad. Maybe because the nutrionist and doctor confirmed it was ok to have fresh raw veggies. so 2 alternating days out of the 10 I had broth and romaine lettuce.

This was great. Besides that I have been having the sugar free fat free Jello, all the flavors are great, I have been drinking the Unjury Protein Drink (Vanilla) not bad with Fat Free Lactaid milk. I have been drinking plenty of broth as well. Anyway Today 9/21/2010 is the day before my surgery so I will be doing strictly liquids.

I honestly feel great and had no problem with this pre op diet. Although I usually try to fast at least twice out the year, maybe this is why it didnt bother me. Needless to say I cant wait for tomorrow 9/22/2010. Im so very anxious and excited:redface:.

LETS GO SEPTEMBER BANDSTERS LETS GO :thumbup:

Purplevic, my surgery was the day before yours. The shoulder pain is excruciating. It flairs during the day, but at night--like now--i am in so much pain. I have barely slept. Sitting up, lying down. Doesn't matter. I keep the heating pad on it, but it just isn't getting any better. I feel like a baby, but I am in tears all night every night. Everyone says it is normal, but I can't take much more of this.

I agree my shoulder pain was very bad. My belly pain was not much better. The first night I was home after surgery, it took me almost two hours to get out of bed, and I was sore everywhere. But about day 4 it started to get better.

And the liquid Lortab only took the edge off the pain for me. Hang in there, it should get better. If you do not feel any improvement in a few days though you should check in with your surgeon. Keep in touch.

Hi September Bandster Fam :)

Tomorrow is "The Day" at 11am. I can't wait I have been extremely anxious for weeks maybe months now. I haven't experienced any nervousness yet.

I started my liquid diet 9/13/2010 by choice. The doctor only recommended 9/15/2010 until the surgery date. The liquid diet was not at all bad. Maybe because the nutrionist and doctor confirmed it was ok to have fresh raw veggies. so 2 alternating days out of the 10 I had broth and romaine lettuce.

This was great. Besides that I have been having the sugar free fat free Jello, all the flavors are great, I have been drinking the Unjury Protein drink (Vanilla) not bad with Fat Free Lactaid milk. I have been drinking plenty of broth as well. Anyway Today 9/21/2010 is the day before my surgery so I will be doing strictly liquids.

I honestly feel great and had no problem with this pre op diet. Although I usually try to fast at least twice out the year, maybe this is why it didnt bother me. Needless to say I cant wait for tomorrow 9/22/2010. Im so very anxious and excited:redface:.

LETS GO SEPTEMBER BANDSTERS LETS GO :thumbup:

You go girl.

Thanks for the tip on tricking my mind. Saying no today and not no forever is a big help!

LisaA my doctor request that you stop taking any herbal supplements one week before surgery and it includes fish oil. Doesn't really explain why, but my guess is to make sure no herbal supplement interferes with the medicine they provide you during the procedure.

I believe my stomach has shrunk by doing this liquid diet and i no longer feel as hungry. I will say I'm not as regular either though :-( Oh well official countdown has begun 8 days to go including today. Can't wait. Oh I did cheat on yesterday by having some baked chicken wings, don't do it, its not worth it. Made my stomach hurt!

tomorrow is my big day also. i am at work. I am doing the liquid diet, not too hungry. i has some wonton Soup without the wonton. one of the attorneys was walking around the office with donuts. ugghhhh. my only problem is i am feeling constipated, having gone in a few days. hope i don't have problems with that afterwards. good luck to everyone having surgery tomorrow, can't wait to read all of our stories.

I am being banded tomorrow as well, I am scared, nervous, excited, anxious! I will be thinking about everyone who is going on this journey yesterday, today, tomorrow, and beyond! Good luck!

Good luck to you both with having surgery tomorrow! Papoose, I have been having trouble with that, as well. I started taking Fiber tablets this morning and it already seems to be helping

Younghippiechick- OMG why, what causes the need to be rebanded so soon, that is scarey, call right away with the fever, don't hesitate, could be an infection. I'm sending you good thoughts girl.

okie- darn it! well at least we'll both be being banded. Monterey sounds a lot nicer then Tijuana for sure. does rodriguez have a forum of his patients? I"ve talked to OCC people there, and on this forum. It will be fine.

are you taking a method of being on the internet. to log onto the forum.

Lisa

Hi everyone. I had surgery on 9/17 and have had a few issues. Can someone help me please?

I have a lot of swelling post op and I'm having problems getting liquids down, particularly thicker liquids. I complained to my doctor and I had an esophagram 2 days post op. The esophogram came back great showing my band is placed well and food IS going down correctly without leakage.

However, I am still concerned. It take me FOREVER to eat liquids and get it to go all the way down to my stomach.

I find Protein Shakes too thick so I have been making them twice as thin by adding twice as much skim milk. This seemed to help but it still took 2 hours to get 8 oz of Fluid all the way down. I'm afraid I won't get enough nutrition at this rate. My stomach is growling right now but I just finished a V8 juice (I drank 11.5 oz over 30 minutes time). It seems to be going down a little faster than the CIB shake but it will pobably be 1 hour or more until it is all down. I'm hungry but I feel I cannot take anything more. What's the trick I'm missing? Or is this the new amount I have to get used to eating? All I had today was 1/2 CIB shake (about 4.5 oz), 4 oz skim milk and 11.5 oz of V8 juice. I've been afraid to waste any room on Water so I have not drank anything but what I told you.

Thank you mom05, I will be in there in about 5 hours, but I had to wash my kids uniform so (thank goodness for 24 hour laundromats) I am still up when I should be asleep!! I am scared but I know God will be there by my side.

Had_Enough: Hope everything went well. Keep us posted:smile: You sound like me, I am going to be getting my kids things ready for tomorrow as well and probably will be up all night....

Pre-OP went well. On Clear Liquids today and already took my milk of magnesia.. Surgery is scheduled for 1:30....

My original band was scheduled for today, but got moved up to the 14th, so I am one week post op! Everything is great! I returned to work, the only soreness I have is on my right side.

Im glad to hear all the other banders are doing good!:thumbup:

Quick check in:

I had my first day back to work today and felt great!

I am increasing my walking and hope to start in the gym soon. Will have my pre-op with my doc on Friday and hope to get a release to go to the gym.

Lost 27 pounds since 8-4-2010; so I am happy! Still on liquid diet but will start puerred in 2 days! yahhhhh!

To all of the once still getting banded: Good Luck!

And everyone else geat healing!

Have a great day from NC!