Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

Had my surgery Friday. Checked in at 8:30, then waited around until after 11:00- out of recovery at around 2:00 and home by 9:00 p.m.

I'm. . . ok. The liquid Lortab made me heave, so my first night was pretty excrutiating, but now I'm just cutting up regular Lortab and doing much better on pain. I woke up feeling pretty good today, but then I came to work and just taught a class and I am not good anymore:) It's a good thing I can go home after I meet with a student in a few minutes.

I had a horrible headache for the last two days that nothing would touch- not the lortab and not sleeping- so today I finally had a cup of coffee and it went away. Caffeine withdrawal!

A tip for those who haven't gone up yet or are still having shoulder pain-- I found that my airplane neck pillow really helped my pain. I don't know why- if it was the naturally occurring heat from having a fluffy pillow wrapped around your neck or if it was the support, but I always feel better when it's on.

I have not felt like eating at all-- I have to force myself right now, but I know that will change once the pain is gone.

I don't regret this but I am very ready to get through the pain portion. I think mine is actually mostly incision type pain, with some gas pain, but pain is pain and it doesn't feel good.

Hi bandster friends!

Wow, Thursday is my big day and I'm super excited/nervous!! I had my pre-op this morning and it was totally no biggie. The hardest thing was blowing in this tube that made noises like super mario- I didn't think I could get a high enough score to please that stupid thing but I guess I did cause they let me proceed :smile:. I saw my surgeon again today and he was great. Also I had my "before" pics taken but I didn't even want to see them- ugh who wants to see a before pic!? :thumbup: lol

Neenee- I can definitely relate on the weird attitude other overweight women have towards those of us who choose surgery. My mother-in-law, when I told her about my upcoming surgery, didn't even respond hardly at all. No concern, no questions, nothing. Just "oh.":cursing: I know it's because she's overweight too and it probably makes her uncomfortable. I hope that in time our families can be happy for us for improving our health and doing something that may well save our lives!!:wub:

Take care everybody-I'll post again after surgery and let you know how it went!!!

I don't know about you, but my feet are getting cold, I'm so nervous I could puke, Wed is my day. All the time people were talking about their dates and stuff they seemed to be so calm cool and collected. You people are so brave. I could use some encouraging words right now, as I feel like I'll be walking into the hospital and then right back out.

Highlojack; I feel the same way, I'm trying to work on keeping my mind on other things so I will not be so nervous.

Wednesday I have to be on the liquid diet, I'm debating if I should work that day or, if I work I will not be thinking about the surgery, but with all that liquid I may be at the bath a lot. Your not a lone.:thumbup::scared2::smile::scared2::wub::scared2::scared2:

:thumbup: I"M OFF TO THE HOSPITAL !! just got out of the shower and packed up my cpap.. all thats left is blow dry my hair and off we go.. ! I hope to see you all soon with details ! =) huggs and kisses till then ! HAVE A GREAT MONDAY!

xo

shellyh: Wishing you well :thumbup:

LisaA: Thanks for the infor about the samples, that's right on time

OK I'm now 9 days out from surgery and so far no nerves. I will say that I am struggling with the liquid diet. Today they are having my favorite salad in the lunch room (Buffalo chicken Salad) and they are celebrating my directors birthday so there's food everywhere. I feel like endulging then I remind myself I've had 34 years of salads and birthday celebrations I can miss a couple :thumbup:.

The countdown is on. Wed I stop taking the fish oil, Friday a friend comes in to town to help me with the last minute things and leaves Sunday. Tuesday my mom and grandma arrives.

I know all will be OK but need advice on how to stop my mind from thinking about all the food I'm missing right now.

OK I'm now 9 days out from surgery and so far no nerves. I will say that I am struggling with the liquid diet. Today they are having my favorite salad in the lunch room (Buffalo chicken Salad) and they are celebrating my directors birthday so there's food everywhere. I feel like endulging then I remind myself I've had 34 years of salads and birthday celebrations I can miss a couple :thumbup:.

The countdown is on. Wed I stop taking the fish oil, Friday a friend comes in to town to help me with the last minute things and leaves Sunday. Tuesday my mom and grandma arrives.

I know all will be OK but need advice on how to stop my mind from thinking about all the food I'm missing right now.

Take it one day at a time-- simple advice but I think it works. If you set the goal to be not having "x" food today, then it's not such a daunting task. I had my surgery the day after my birthday, so I was on Clear Liquids. One coworker brought me a Cookies and cream cake, and another brought wine and cucakes to an evening meeting. It wasn't easy, but I know if I really want a cucake next year I can have it-- I wasn't saying no for forever, just that day. See if that mindset helps.

For everyone else, sorry I posted when I was unmedicated. The pain is manageable and I hope I didn't scare anyone--just a vulnerable moment.

Mine is set for September 23, 2010. I am so excited!!

Me too etexlady!! We can be band buddies :thumbup:

Feeling much better. Spine with my fam and they were shocked I was crying and so upset. They thought I was doing okay emotionally cause I'm always the pillar of strength. Well they apologized and trie to cheer me up. I left work to come home and lie down and I feel a little better. The hunger is starting to kick in. Can't wait till next week to start. The mushies. If I don't see another choc Protein Shake or bowl of Jello would suit me fine. :-). also called nurse and was told to take the phenergan for nausea, rest and ye scan sleep on my sides but not belly cause port in belly button area

Woo, back from the weekend. Hope everyone is doing great.

Hope everyone with new surgeries are healing well. Those who are getting the surgery tomorrow, Good Luck!

Those of us 10 days or more in... isn't great that our bodies are getting back to normal!

Ohhh Grace- Congrats on the lowered blood pressure! Thats really fabulous!:smile:

On my tummy to sleep, on my side... ohhh how wonderful. And I started mushies on Saturday! My doc said to wait 2 weeks but I started 3 days sooner... Oh how nice it is to chew! :thumbup:

I go for my 2 week follow up tomorrow morning. I hope he agrees that I am doing pretty good. :scared2: I don't want to go there having lost 9 lbs since surgery thinking its good, but him tell me Im not doing good enough. :thumbup:

BUT the other good news, now that Im healing pretty well, today I was able to do some more exercise... :wub: Not just walk! Now I hope the doctor feels that its safe enough... then I can work on losing weight faster and get tone!:thumbup:

It's official!!!! I'm a September 2010 Bandster!!! Got my date for the 27th... Woot Woot!!!! :thumbup:

Awesome!! Are you on the liquid preop?

Hi Etexlady, My surgery is On the 23 also. I'm a ball of nerves,:thumbup:

are you starting to fell nervous about your surgery.

Hi All! Its kinda been a while since I last checked in, so I thought I would give an update! I am three weeks post-op and feeling great! I am down a total of 22 lbs since surgery!

My biggest challenge is eating! I am still drinking two Protein Shakes a day and would rather drink that than eat something! (what a strange feeling that is for a change!)

I don't really feel "hungry" like I used to but I can definitely tell when I'm "empty".

My port area is completely healed and I'm able to sleep on my stomach with no discomfort and the area feels just like nothing happened in there. It does kinda feel like I have a second belly-button, and my dad has so appropriately named my band "Tight-Wad".

Doing Great! No Regrets!

Much love to everyone!

Hi Etexlady, My surgery is On the 23 also. I'm a ball of nerves,:thumbup:

are you starting to fell nervous about your surgery.

Hi. I am the 23rd as well. Have got very upset stomach. Not sure whether its Optifast, nerves or bug. Hope its better by Thursday.

Hocuspocus, My DH have the Flu or bad cold, he had to stay home from work today. I'm staying far away from him. LOL

I know my nerves got me going. Let's hope and pray that you do not have a bug, that it's just nerves.

Are you doing a pre op diet, if so have you started. My surgery told me to just do all liquids the day before and nothing after 12.