Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Northern Ontario?

How did the fill go?

Hi Girls,

I had my second fill Aug 23 up to 6cc. This time I get full quickly a cup size does it. And now I don't get hungry for about the 4 hour mark. Polly FYI when I had my first fill

I was very uptight and it didn't go well at all. But the second one no trouble at all. She is good and I would recommenf her if you decide to drive to Sudbury, she is an emerg RN and had a band also. I was stuck at 188 for awhile and it started to move now at 186:rolleyes:. Almost 30lb.

I try to eat alot of Protein first, I have also bought lean cuisines for when supper is a bust. Then I know the exact amount of calories I am consuming. I have a tough time around 3pm until supper and I always have.:o

Hi CJF! I bet you we go to the same RN for our fills. She pulled out about 4 but only added a 1/2.....am wondering, what was the point as I don't feel any different. Even had a 100 calorie packet of Smart food white cheddar popcorn last night before bed! (Thank God for those portion controlled Lean Cuisine & 100 calorie Snacks, huh!) Did you have to pay again even though it was such a short time in between fills? Congrats on your weight moving again. I am looking forward to that too. She told me to wait about 2 weeks then contact SWLC again.

She has some good advice. I told her my downfall was the grazing on weekends at the cottage.....she says that and the wine of course, will always be a problem and try to avoid it. Even though it's like hummus & Triscuits, it's excess calories you don't really consider. Yes, it's all about the behaviour modification.

Hi Ladies! Miss Bibi did the SWLC prescribe only a .5 cc fill, I feel so bad for you. How much does this nurse charge, she does sound like a great resource though. Thanks for the advice cjf I will definitely give her a try.

I had another attempt at a fill last Thursday morning, then I went out of town to take the kids back to school shopping. Anyway, my GP was positive he was in the port, still could not withdraw any Fluid to check my levels, but was able to inject another 1cc. Since then I am sure it worked. I am eating 1 cup or less and it is keeping me full for over 4 hrs. I have lost 3 pounds since Thursday :thumbup:!! But I am returning to the SWLC on Friday just to confirm that everything is okay and get all my doubts answered. After that either my GP will learn from me or I will head to Sudbury (which is a 7 hr drive each way :biggrin:).

Sorry my update took so long. My father in law is in the hospital pallative (just since Friday) and with me being in the medical field I am up there a lot to translate.

Hi Ladies! Miss Bibi did the SWLC prescribe only a .5 cc fill, I feel so bad for you. How much does this nurse charge, she does sound like a great resource though. Thanks for the advice cjf I will definitely give her a try.

I had another attempt at a fill last Thursday morning, then I went out of town to take the kids back to school shopping. Anyway, my GP was positive he was in the port, still could not withdraw any Fluid to check my levels, but was able to inject another 1cc. Since then I am sure it worked. I am eating 1 cup or less and it is keeping me full for over 4 hrs. I have lost 3 pounds since Thursday :thumbup:!! But I am returning to the SWLC on Friday just to confirm that everything is okay and get all my doubts answered. After that either my GP will learn from me or I will head to Sudbury (which is a 7 hr drive each way :biggrin:).

Sorry my update took so long. My father in law is in the hospital pallative (just since Friday) and with me being in the medical field I am up there a lot to translate.

Yes, Polly, they only prescribed a 1/2 cc - for $75!! And feel I need more. She said wait a couple of weeks and call SWLC if I'm not happy and they will prescribe more. So you feel that a 1/2 cc was a joke? ~Sigh.....~ Glad you 2 girls are where you want to be fill-wise! Keep me posted!

I've been banded for years and .5cc is far from a joke. I have noticed huge differences with as little as .1cc They usually top you up to 4cc on your first fill as some will have 3cc and other 3.5 cc in there from the prime at time of surgery and then they usually take you up to 4cc. After that you go slow. Trust me you do not want to be too tight. I'd sooner get 2 fills then to put up with being too tight for even 1 day. Been there done that and it's not fun when you can't even keep Water down or it takes you hours to even get 4 oz of Fluid in.

Polly not sure where you are but if you are 7 hours from Sudbury, are you closer to Timmins? We have a fill nurse here affiliated with SWLC and she has been doing my fills for years and is very good at them.

So Done With it all - Thanks for the info on Timmins. It is a little closer I think. Good to know there is someone good there.

A small fill is good if you are close to your sweet spot but it doesn't sound like you were Miss Bibi. I feel like I'm really close now so .5 might be all they give me on Friday. I'll let you know.

So Done With it all - Thanks for the info on Timmins. It is a little closer I think. Good to know there is someone good there.

A small fill is good if you are close to your sweet spot but it doesn't sound like you were Miss Bibi. I feel like I'm really close now so .5 might be all they give me on Friday. I'll let you know.

Yes. 'So Done With it all', thanks for the info! We newbies can be skeptics!

Good luck, Polly...I'll hang in and see what SWLC says too. Keep in touch, All!!!

I am quickly compiling a list of foods I get stuck easily on:

1) Bagels - plain or toasted, not good

2) ham kolbassa - no matter how much I chew, not good

3) anything cold out of the fridge - had a fish fry over the weekend and had a small piece of left-over fish to nibble on....am just now still wretching over it.

Have to admit....LAP-BAND®® sure keeps you honest!

Gotta go.........:thumbup:

Have you two registered over at the SWLC forum where you can talk to other patients of the clinic who have been banded forever? Not many of us hang out on lapbandtalk any longer so you may get a lot more support over there. Just a suggestion as you are both very new to banding.

I'm back from my very quick trip to the clinic and all is well. I had 4.2cc's in my band and I was topped up to 5cc. I'm not quite there yet but very close. I'm very relieved that all is well.

Yes, I have, So Done....just have to go there more regularly. Thanks again for the tip!

I'm back from my very quick trip to the clinic and all is well. I had 4.2cc's in my band and I was topped up to 5cc. I'm not quite there yet but very close. I'm very relieved that all is well.

Good to hear! I've gotten 'stuck' a couple of times, a couple of days in a row. Can't do Bagels, kolbassa, jalapeno poppers, and have now discovered not even cole slaw, well chewed. It's been a slow go since my 1st. fill 2 wks. ago....lost 1 lb. since. I'm debating if I'll give myself a bit more time before my next fill....things are so erratic for me! Some days, I am content, others I can graze all evening and not feel full....still trying to read myself. :blushing:

I have been stuck several time since my last fill...I believe it is my own fault... I wolf down and don't cut and chew properly. I tried toast the other morning... it came back up,

I think when I eat too fast this happen... BUT I have tried (after reading this in the forum) is when I am stuck I slip the hotest Water I can... IT does relax the Esophicus (sp) and

things will move. Sometimes not right away... but it does work...when I had this problem three dinners in arow I drank a cup of tea the 15 minutes before...that helped.

BIBI I was stalled for a couple of weeks also but now I am moving again...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GIRLS, it is worth it!!!:blushing:

How are things going, pollywogg & cjf? I am at a virtual standstill!! :unsure:

Next (2nd.) fill will be scheduled for early next week as nurse is waiting on needles and referral from SWLC.

Hi Ladies! Miss Bibi I feel the same way as you most days. I seem to stay the same for days and days then suddenly I'll be down 2-3 lbs. Its painful when for many days there is no change.

My father in law passed away from cancer on Monday so things have been crazy around here. He is the first parent we have lost. He was diagnosed only 7 weeks ago. Anyway I'm going to try to find time to call the clinic today and get going on my next fill. Hopefully for next week too.

Are you both exercising much? I'm getting in a good hour walk every other day right now but now that I'm not spending tons of time at the hospital I want to get out more.