Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December's Chat

HI EILEEN! LET ME KNOW WHAT SUPPORT GROUP YOU WILL BE GOING TO AT HACKENSACK. I WILL TRY TO GO TO THE SAME MEETING. THAT WOULD BE SO COOL IF WE COULD MEET.:) DO THEY HAVE MORE THAN ONE MEETING? I FINALLY SPOKE TO MY DOCTOR'S OFFICE AND THEY MADE ME FEEL BETTER ABOUT SOME THINGS AS REGARD TO PREP BEFORE SURGERY. I HAVE A CALL IN TO THE NUTRITIONIST BUT SO FAR HAVE NOT HEARD BACK. I WILL ACTUALLY TRY TO EMAIL HER SINCE THEY DID GIVE ME HER EMAIL ADDRESS TOO. IT WAS A REALLY HECTIC DAY TODAY. AFTER I GOT HOME FROM WORK ABOUT AN HOUR LATER I GOT A CALL FROM THIS MAN TELLING ME MY MOM WAS INVOLVED IN A CAR ACCIDENT BUT SHE WAS OK. OF COURSE I FLEW THERE FAST AND THANK GOODNESS NOBODY WAS REALLY HURT. THE OTHER PERSON WAS ABLE TO DRIVE THEIR CAR HOME BUT SHE WAS NOT ABLE TO. MY MOM WILL BE AT MY HOUSE FOR AWHILE. SHE HAS A BIT OF A COLD RIGHT NOW AND I AM HOPING THAT IT DOESN'T SPREAD TO THE FAMILY. I HAVE TO STAY WELL TO HAVE MY SURGERY ON DEC. 21ST. HOPEFULLY ALL WILL GO WELL....AND I AM JUST THANKFUL THAT MY MOM IS OK FROM THE ACCIDENT. SHE WAS JUST SHOOK UP A BIT WHICH IS UNDERSTANDABLE. HOPE EVERYONE HAS A SUPER, FANTASTIC DAY...KEEP YOUR SPIRITS UP!! I ALWAYS LOOK FORWARD TO READING ALL THE ENTRIES. THANKS TO ALL THAT SHARE! BYE FOR NOW:) JAN:)

Good Morning,

I only have a few minutes WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH so I'll be short and sweet hehehe.

Beanie girl, I'll need details as to when and where we will meet on sunday, if you got em. Dress warm toots, its FREEZING up here. And yes, I'll take pictures.

Dianne, I would love to meet you on the 27th. If you can find the time. I have off of work so that would be cool. Even if its for a few minutes.

Jan, GOOD luck with your sugery on the 21st whooohoooo. I'm sorry to hear about Mom but thank God she is okay. I believe there is only one meeting per month and that would be January 5th. Let me know if you wanna go :)

Cindy loooooooo, I've been meaning to ask you how your fill is working out ???? is it still giving you restriction?

Betty, are you feeling any better? Sorry you had a bad candy day, nothing breaks my heart more than to hear some one burnt candy LOL. Good luck with the next batch.

Pat, dear, where are you ? did you get to go to the shore?

Hey Gang,

I've been having a weird couple of days.... tired from Lews party and then discovering that Penni was having band trouble. It hit me harder than I thought. Penni & I connected a few days ago and she lives just 50minutes from me and we were talking about getting together and such when I found out she was having immediate surgery. Then all day yesterday there was no news, it was only this morning that I read that she's doing well. (Sigh) Oh, yeah, then there was trouble with Aunt Flo and I was totally out of sorts. Did I mention the crummy job interview yesterday -- I didn't think so.... lets just say I was not wanted :think

Today, I will go to work, where the kids there love me and I will focus on Saturdays Seminar at Chapman Medical Center, where I will meet some local bandsters and Dr. Oliak. And I will pray that Rene's appeal go's thru. Mantra to continue.

Always, enter Smiling.

Hi, all!

Patty, hang in there! Some days are like that, but they are never fun! You didn't get that job because that's not where you are meant to be. You ought to work at Disneyland!

Eileen, to answer about the fill. Yes, I find I have a good amount of restriction. I am not one to want extreme restriction where I have to crush pills to take them, or grind food in a blender...no offense intended to anyone who does, but I don't want that much. I am tighter in the morning, but can eat my Protein Bar. I have a decent meal in the evening. I've never PB'ed, just had that golfball feeling. So, for now, I am satisfied with it, and will just plug along like this for a while.

I was excited this morning, when I weighed 239! Out of the 240's...at least for today...usually a loss is followed by a gain, then a holding pattern, and then another loss...at least I'm used to it now! But, now I'm a 230's person, and on my way to completing my 50 lbs lost goal. Wow.

Especially after reading about so much erosion, etc., I'm thinking less restriction and more patience and control might be the best way...anyway, that's what I think for now.

We are home today, school cancelled for all three of us. Bonus!

Everyone stay warm, and be careful out there!

Pat, whatcha doin?

Beanie, are you frozen, or just traveling?

Hugs, Cindy

Good Afternoon!

I have been baking Cookies all day long, I am getting ready to clean up and put things away. I have to admit that today things went well! :)

Cindy - I agree, I don't want my band too tight. It sounds like you are doing great with this fill! Have fun on a unexpected day off! I wasn't cracking up about the Protein bar riding with you just in case, I was cracking up because of you thinking to take protein! Now be serious, before you were banded what would you have grabbed?

Patty - Sorry to hear your day went so bad, hang in there it gets better. You are probably getting a good case of the nerves! Sorry about the job!

Eileen - Yes, I am feeling much better, thanks for asking. Right now though a good hot bath would feel real good! :D:D:D Not that I need it ( I have so much sugar on me) but my feet hurt from standing all day! Hmmmm, come to think of it that is a good NSV, last year I would not have stood all day, the chair would have been holding my butt up! :D:D:D When did you say you start your vacation?

Jan - Hope you don't catch that cold! Boost up your Vitamin C's!

Beanie - Did you get the stuff all in the mail? Is it time for me to cross everything?

Zan - Where are you today? Hope you are tied up in cold weather.

Last night it took my DH 2 hours to get home from Dallas. Usually it is a 30 minute trip at the longest, needless to say he wanted a beer the minute he walked in the door!

Well, going to go take a break before it is time to cook supper.

Later!

Hi everyone, I'm back from work.

Did I sound like I was gonna leap from a bridge?? Sorry to have you all worried.... sometimes when I talk its "tongue in cheek" because .... well, because life is so irrationally crazy. Like the notion that I'm supposed to be Super-Mom. Nope, it's not gonna happen. Not getting the job yesterday was fine by me because the school district wants the impossible: a super duper human being to leap tall buildings for 50 cents an hour! Let me explain. There are 2 students that have extra-ordinary needs at one school. I think they are both boys. One child needs to be fed with a tube + needs medication. The other child has a catheter. Not to mention learning disabilities. They wanted me to come in at 7:30am to assess all the children when they get off the bus, then help get them settled into class by getting out walkers or positioning them. The job is for 29 1/2 hrs, so that they convieniently won't have to pay for insurance and they have been trying to fill this job since JULY! All I told them was that I couldn't be there at 7:30... because as a single Mom I needed to take my own children to school first. They made it sound like it was super important for me to do all these duties when in reality every handicapped child has an aide to assist with busing and this made up job was created because NO ONE wants to change a diaper or wear rubber gloves to feed another human being! I figured that if they were gonna diss me for a time conflict they will never get anyone to take the job. Wasn't this all about the kids or is this politics once again. OK, I'll get off my high horse. I'm still a substitute and whoever gets this job will sooner or later burn-out..... and guess who ends up subbing -- yep, it's me. So, I'm really happy with this outcome because I can now volunteer to sub once a week and come & go as I please. As for the job at Disneyland..... thats gotta wait. I actually have talked to someone at the Magic Kingdom about being a Costumer(I have degrees in stage lighting & costumes/makeup) and they have positions waiting for me but newbies always start at the bottom, meaning graveyard shift. And I can't do that.

Hey all... I love ya, love ya ..... love ya. Need to pick up my little monkey -- bye!

You are soooo right, Betty! I am laughing out loud because I didn't even think of THAT! Last year, I would have grabbed a bag of Hersey Nuggets, toffee/almond. I would have maybe brought along a bag of Cheetos, and a Dr. Pepper. I think I'm gonna count that as an NSV!!! Thanks for pointing it out, girlfriend! I wish I was in your kitchen helping you bake! It all sounds so good. Where are the new recipes for us?

I've spent half my day doing productive stuff, and half goofing off. That sounds fair, huh? LOL! Cindy

Well, dang. I had to work all day... The office opened late - so I didn't have to try and drive until after the sun came out. But, of course, half the staff didn't come in because they live in who-knows-where across the frozen tundra, or their kids were home from school with no day-care - so it was exceptionally busy for those of us that managed to make it in.

I am happy to say that the Fed-Ex package went out last night to Cali for my Independent Medical Review. Hopefully, it arrived this morning. I will have to track the package to be sure - but I am assuming Fed-Ex did their thing.

I really need a miracle. I feel like it all goes to hell if it isn't done before the change in my insurance policy. Maybe it won't - but I KNOW it will be a damn sight more expensive if it rolls over to next year - which will REALLY suck. If they actually review it in the next couple of days, instead of throwing it onto a huge pile, there is still a slim chance. But, what is the likelihood that there isn't a huge pile in front of me?

Now, Betty. Now! Cross everything!

So, Eileenie - did you touch my lottery tickets when I held them up to the screen?!? I don't even need the millions - I would be thrilled to pieces with a couple hundred thousand. I could get my surgery AND re-model my house AND put aside some money for PS after I lose! *sigh* I guess winning the lottery and getting my insurance review before year-end are about the same level of likeliness....

Who was it that offered Voo Doo? I'll take it. Bring it on! Everybody Syncronize Watches!! Now is the time when we must all concentrate very hard on SANITY & CHARITY in the State Insurance Board offices. Think of HAPPY, HAPPY State Employees... :]

I travel on Sunday. Exactly when, I do not know, since both of the people that would have made those reservations were out today. Nothing like leaving it to the last minute! Keeps it all exciting that way. I will get something tomorrow, for sure.

Patty, I hope you are feeling a little more chirpy! There is nothing I hate more than looking for work... It sucks! But, I guess it beats starving! Can you work something out with your Mom and the kids for the first however long it takes to move from Graveyard at Disney to real shifts? I mean, NOBODY should work at Disney more than you - and you have the qualifications. IF it's just the time thing, maybe your mom could cover for a while, until you are no longer the Newbie there? Are you staying at her place? It would kind of make sense.... Especially if the kids will be sleeping while you work. Just a thought. Of course, you would have to sleep at some point - but there must be a way....

Jan - you could always hook up with Eileen & I on Sunday... or with Zan (& Eileen?) & I later in the week... Once I know for sure when my flights are, I will post.

Hey Dianne! - I love it when my family comes to town. How are your Sisters?

Betty, Glad to hear that the kitchen was kind to you today. Dang, all this talk of Cookies makes me hungry!!

Well, I have the Pup-Tent at the ready, and it is time for me to hit the dusty trail.

Hi Everyone,

Aggghhh work has been crazy this week. I need a vacation!!

So speaking of restriction... I'm not sure about my last fill on Monday. Tonight I had a business meeting took that 1 extra bite I shouldn't have and could not get to the bathroom quick enough. No PB but it was pretty close....let out a nice big burp and I was okay. The golfball pain was not the greatest feeling but it did not last long. That's the second time since Monday. I'm not sure if I'm too restricted or this is what its supposed to be like and I just have to be more careful... Either way its a pain in the butt and made me nervous. Tomorrow is my work holiday party ...perhaps I'll stick to liquids only (its an open bar!)

Yup it's cold here and a storm is supposed to hit in the morning. I'll believe it when I see it since the storm that was supposed to happen on Monday never did (at least in the city).

Beanie - I hate to say this but I might not be able to make it next week. I'll know more tomorrow when I get to the office but I might have to go to California for a work "crisis".

I need to get to sleep so I can be charming and suck up to everyone at the party tomorrow!! Fun Fun Fun!!

Hope all is well with everyone

Beanie.... brought out the voodoo dolls and they are doing their thing for you....

;-) Oh Beanie... I Love you!

My Momma lives is Santa Barbara County a 4 hr drive from Sunny Orange County!

I'm all alone here in Westminster. My Daddy passed on in 1987 and my younger sis lives up where Mom is. I have great hope for my future. I'm not really "looking for work". As a sub I take jobs here and there which leaves me time for those hundreds of Dr appt's that I have to go to with the boys. A full time job would be unrealistic for me. Right now I work tues-thurs 10-12:30. I make more than a boxboy but less than a computer programer. More hours would be great but then less housework gets done (ya know what I mean jellybean). In our district you have to test into positions, so in Oct I tested for health aid and clerk typist and I passed both tests. I didn't get either job but they will let me sub. Officially I can now sub for: special Ed, library, clerk typist & health aid/nurse. It's job security any way you slice it! Disneyland isn't going anywhere and when I'm cute and skinny it will be more fun to work there! Imagine the celebrities I could meet.... are you imagining! Did I ever tell you guys about Johnny Depp? I have pictures -- one day I'll post them for you all to drool over!

So, lets discuss your review. It's on the top of my prayer list and I do believe miracles happen and isn't that what Christmas is all about. I too will "cross" everything if it meant that you got the "green" light and surgery. Hey, it's you & me and a February date!

Good Morning,

WHOLEY SMOKES is it snowing hard out there. I almost got stuck going up one hill but old bessie was good to me and got me thru. I thought the engine was going to drop out of my car thats how bad it was. But I made it in.

Beanie be glad you didn't come out today, its a mess. I can't wait to see you on Sunday, bring your lottery tickets so I can touch them ROFL !!!!

Betty I'm glad you were able to stand all day, its funny little nvs things like that, that really mean the most. I wanna come to your house for chrismas, I can only imagine the gazillion Cookies you have. YUM.

Patty, a friend of mine loves Johnny Depp, he's got that dirty boy cuteness in him lol. Hang in there, the perfect job will come along. Working in Disney sounds cool, I wanna be the dancing Cinderella (okay fat cinderella LOL).

Cindy your menu of chocolate & cheeto's is missing one thing. A big ol bottle of diet soda ROFL !!!!!!!!! Yes, I'm one of those that order a whopper and a diet coke :( (well not really I don't like bk or micky D's) but you get my point LOL. You know I'm so in the mood for jumbo cashews w/lots of salt.. mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm.

Zan, California ????????? how nice, warm warm warm... well warmer than here thats for sure. Have a safe trip !! I'm glad you just burped instead of Pb'd.

Well kiddies, I have to run and get some work done. Its so white outside you can't see across the street... OY VEY!!

Hugs & Kisses

Good Morning!

It's cold here today! At least all the nasty stuff is gone though. I heard on the news this morning that Ft. Worth had over 2200 accidents and Dallas had around 1200. And, that is the ones that actually reported them! Glad I stayed home and baked all day. :(

I am going for a job interview this morning, so keep your fingers crossed for me! Jobs have been pretty hard to come by here since we got all the Katrina people up here too. I am happy to even get a chance at this one! I just wish it were a little warmer outside!

Patty - I love the hours you work! I know it is hard with kids though.

Eileen - The door is always open! Come on down! It's gonna start warming up! :(

Zan - Have a safe trip and enjoy the weather!

Cindy - I'll try to get some recipes out for you. Just been really busy!

Beanie - Got everything crossed for ya! Good Luck!

Well, I have to run and get finished dressing for my interview. I probably won't know anything today, I know they'll have tons interviewing for this job.

Catch you later!

Snow in Jersey and Rain in California.... it's wintertime everywhere.

Morning all,

The kids are all up early for a Friday and I just ran out of bread, what else is new.

Is Zan coming my direction? Did I miss a thread? Ohhhh a work crisis -- tell where?

Eileen, you be careful driving today and give bessie a hug for me.

Rene: are you packed and ready for your weekend adventure? You gals have a blast and return with details.

I don't work on Friday's so I have a million errands to complete before 2pm kid pick-up. Lets have fun and be safe out there!

Hi All!!

FINALLY, I got the last of my travel info. At FIVE on Friday... (Who, me? Panicking? Freaking out? Nah...)

Anyway, I will be at the

Hilton Woodcliff Lake 201-391-3600.

200 Tice Blvd

Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677-8410

I will be registered under my secret alias: Irene Smith

Oh - the best fun? Since I am going to be at the hotel that DOESN'T have shuttle service to our office, I get to DRIVE from LaGuardia to the hotel and back and forth to my office everyday. Y'All who live in either New Jersey or New York might want to stay indoors for the entire week. The roads won't be safe starting Sunday afternoon at about 1:30pm!

:]