Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December's Chat

I'm getting a new car with one of those fancy navagational systems and a backup camera, so I'll be able to find you east coast gals, ya can't hide from me now!

Guess who's coming to Orangeburg, FREAKIN NEW YORK!!

Yep, that would be me. I will fly in on Sunday Night. I will push for an earlier plane ticket if Sunday afternoon works for YOU Eileen... Please let me know asap!

I will let you know as soon as I get my itinerary.

Anybody else want to play? My office is at 1 Ramland Road in Orangeburg. I don't know where my hotel is, yet. I will let y'all know as soon as I do.

EEEEEK!! Such fun!

I have to run. Tonight is the Company Christmas Party, and I have been informed that the party does not start until I arrive... Such responsibility!

Talk to you guys again, soon!

Eileen said it best- it's friggin cold here. It would be better if the weather change was gradual instead of slapping us in the face... only 1 1/2 weeks ago it was 65 degrees.

Beanie..... THIS Sunday??? How long are you here for? I'm going to be away Sunday and Monday but could do any other night. I already checked the train station and I think I can get near where you will be. It would be great if we get together!

Eileen - does the Montvale station sound right?

Well I found out what everybody means about a fill kicking in.... WHAM! It's going to take some getting used to.

Pat - my my my a new car! You must have been a really good girl this Christmas!

Can't seem to think straight with the thought that Beanie is coming to town!!

OK everyone hold on to your hats.....

I HAVE BEEN APPROVED!!!!!!!!

I found out this moring before I went to AC for my pre-admission stuff!

That makes it 1 week from today ~YIKES!!

Look out bandsters here I come!!

:Bunny :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny

:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

Woo Hoo!!! Lisa is approved!!! Yee Haw!!

:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

Go Lisa!!

Zan, I will be there all week - and fly out on 12/16 - Friday. I will run some maps and stuff later.

!!!

Thats better than any jackpot in AC!! Congratulations. Do you have a date yet?

This is just the "good news" kinda place to be tonight! What a joy! A Bandiversary, an approval, a buddy get together....and....ya might wanna sit down....SNOW IN TEXAS!? Of course, this might not happen (the snow) but I'm just repeating the forecast. Beanie, keep those warm amd fuzzy clothes out, because you're gonna need them here, and then you're gonna need them there! You are SUCH the social butterfly!

Pat...more details, please, on the new ride!

Eileen, how's the week going?

Lisa, congrats again! I posted on your other thread!

Betty, hope you feel better, too! I have heard of Airborne, and even saw it at Sams, but didn't'know if it was any good. I'll get some next time. For now, I have a Z-pack, an antibiotic, and that should clear up any infection. I'm staying home tomorrow.

Eileen, also you asked if I was doing anything with my kids for the holidays, so I figured you meant my students? Yes, we have a traditional "pot-luck" holiday (can we say Christmas, folks?) lunch/feast. The school makes turkey, dressing, etc., and we all sign up for other dishes...the kids always come through big time, and enjoy eating all together ( we normally do not have a lunch period...I'll explain that sometime). We have holiday (Christmas) music, a holiday (Christmas) tree, and the kids decorate the cafegymatoriam. It is just a great time, and for our students, who do not always get this kind of thing at home, it is even better!

Well, I'm off to bed, and staying warm...let it snow, let it snow, let is snow!

Cindy

Good morning all!

Well I am set for Dec. 13th, I just hope I am up and about for Christmas with my family.

Thank you everyone for the support although I know I don't post as much as all of you....it really does help!

Zan, you gave me an idea - maybe next year there could be an Atlantic City get together, although I know most of you are north Jersey gals.......It will also be a nice trip for all of the out of state gals....Texas, Virginia and any others! Just an idea...but not around the holidays, this way everyone has some money to lose at the tables and slots. I actually don't care for gambling, I want something in return for my money.

just an idea.

Beanie - have a safe trip to NY, wish I could join everyone!

Cindy ~ enjoy the snow, we have an extra sled if ya need one.

to everyone else ~enjoy your day!

Good Morning

WOWEEE What great news here this morning.

Lisa CONGRATULATIONS !!!! and you will be just fine for christmas, don't you worry.

Pat WAY TO COOL on the new car. Is it a hummer ? :( What color, details lady.

Zan, I'm so happy your fill kicked in WTG !!! I'm not sure where the montvale station is in comparison to where Beanie will be or if you can hitch a bus to Orangeburg. I know nothing about public transportation... awful aren't I.

BEANIE, YES, I am free Sunday afternoon, thats perfect b/c I have church in the morning. They are calling for snow on monday and tuesday of next week. I am also available any night next week for dinner :( Sunday I would have to bring my DD w/me if thats okay. IRA do you hear this !!! Beanie's coming to town... screw Santa !!!!!

Cindy, your holiday sounds wonderful with your kids (and yes, I did mean the school kiddies lol). Hope you get the snow you wanted, if not you can come to jersey, we are expecting snow friday, monday and tuesday LOL !!!!

Well I gotta get back to work. All is good!

Love you !!!

Good Morning Y'all!

I love all the good news on here! :(:(:( I got up bright and early this morning, headed to the office to get billing done so I could get back home. The are saying freezing rain this morning, it was raining when I left already, but not freezing. I got the billing all done and now I am safely tucked back home and my butt is staying right here the rest of the day! :P:D:D Dang, it is cold out there!

Cindy - Your CHRISTMAS party with the kids sounds super. I agree, so many of them don't have anything at all at home. I will not stop using Christmas. I was happy to hear that Bush went back to saying Christmas tree instead of holiday tree. Sorry if I offended anyone, but Christmas has been here longer than me and I love it. I don't say anything about any one's holiday they Celebrate and never would. Hope you start feeling better too! I feel lots better today! :D

Pat - New car! OK, we need all the juicy details. What color, kind, pictures..... How was your Mom's appointment yesterday?

Beanie - You lucky dog you, getting to go meet everyone! Have a great time! I'm so jelous! :eek You better take a camera and get tons of pictures!

Lisa - You will be fine way before Christmas! Congrats again! I know how excited you must be! Will Beanie fit into your suitcase? :D Maybe you could get two for the price of one!

Zan - Good luck with your fill, sounds like you got a good one!

Eileen - Don't work too hard!

They are saying 1-3 inches of snow tonight and really cold!

Hey, Betty, Beanie!? Are you warm enough? I've been out on the roads, and it's not pretty. So, here's the story...

I am home from work today, sinus infection...trying to rest. Just went back to bed for a little nap around 10:00 and the phone rings. It's DD's teacher, her school is closing for the day. Oh yeah. So I call Dh, who is at work (teaching in the juvie) so he's hard to get. Left a message, no call back. Decided I better go get DD...I promise, she's the only thing that would make me even put rubber to ice...hate driving with the crazies out there. (Quit laughing, Jersey girls. If you've been here with ice on the roads, you'd know it wasn't funny. LOL!) On with the boots, grab some pants for the DD, take a bottle of Water, a Protein Bar (oh, I take all this in case we end up in the median or ditch). 5 MPH to the school. Drive back home (about 10 miles) with an 18-wheeler way too close to the back bumper. Home now, with 8 year old ready to be active...great. That's the story of my day off. You gotta laugh (maybe a bit hysterically, but, hey...I'm trying!)

Well, gotta go for now, DD needs her computer "fixed" and is whistling just to annoy me! Cindy

I Quit! I Quit! I Quit!

What a day! I got home and decided to start baking and making candy. Well, that was my firt mistake! I have been making peanut brittle for so many years I can't count them, never burned or messed up a batch until today. I messed up both batches I tried. I don't know if it was the new pan or my thermometer. Then I decided to make a batch of Cookies, doubled the recipe and burnt the first batch. UGH! So, I guess I had a "Pat" day in the kitchen today! :(:(:( (Not making fun of you Pat, just couldn't help thinking about that picture you posted and how I felt the same way)

So, I cleaned up my mess and I'm not doing anymore today! It's a good thing I already have supper cooked huh?

Cindy, I am staying warm only because I am not out in it. It is icy here too and it keeps coming down. I bet we do get the snow tonight! The kids in the neighborhood will love it if it snows. The last time it snowed they used trash can lids and went sliding down the steet here. It was funny! Glad you made it safely to get you DD and back again. It seems like everyone in the household can get sick except Mother's. Mother's never seem to be able to get the rest they need. You cracked me up with the Protein bar though! :P:D:D

Later!

Hey, don't laugh about the Protein bar. I never go into the desert without Water & food. You just never know. And I have my beloved "pup tent" in the car right now. I have this HUGE wool coat - calf length size "super fat chick". I have, in times past, used it as a blanket on sleep-overs. I have always called it my "pup-tent". I only carry it when the temps drop below freezing. It's too heavy to actually wear unless I am going to be exposed to the elements for a prolonged period.

I am still at the office - but I am getting ready to leave. We closed early due to the weather forecast. So far, Addison is just colder than a witches you-know-what, but little tiny snowflakes were falling when I headed out of Allen this morning - so who knows what awaits me up north.

The company party was fun - and I won a prize! Woo Hoo - 100 ovation points. That can actually translate into dollars, or I can pick merchandise off the website. Pretty cool! Now maybe I can get that Digital Camera I have been wanting. Too bad it won't be in time for my trip to FREAKIN NEW YORK!! Oh well. Someday I will get the 47 rolls of film kicking around in my office over to Walmart to be developed! I guess Eileen will have to take pictures for the Immediate Gratification crowd. We have a hot date for Sunday afternoon. Zan? You got a digital camera? When are we going to get together? I should be available every evening after six.

Right now, I am putting the finishing touches on my Appeal Letter to the State of California Insurance Board. I am going to send that package out by Overnight Delivery tonight. That is why I am still here, when I should be tucked in under a blanket at home. Everybody pray for a miracle.

Well, I have to get back to it. The really bad stuff is supposed to start soon. I want to be sure to be out right in the middle of it!! (lol).

I will check in with you guys later.

:]

So I have a Protein bar, and Beanie has a puptent!!!!! So funny! I can explain, really....I had a 5 hour drive home from work, on ice, a couple of years ago, and a protein bar and a bottle of Water sure would have been nice! So, that's why....

In my neighborhood, if it is slick on the roads and no school, we'll have 4-wheelers and pick-up trucks dragging kids behind them on all kinds of dangerous stuff! We have one of the innertubes with canvas stretched across it, that DD can "ride" down the drive way. Our driveway is really long, so plenty of room to goof around on. Cardboard gets soggy after a while, and we've tried the trash can lids, too!

We'll see what tonight brings...I can't imagine it will be much better in the morning...so not planning on driving down to Carrollton.

Everyone be careful...and to my Jersey Girlfriends,NYC gal, and Virginia pal, enjoy your heehaw about us ridiculous Texans and our "snow"!

hugs, Cindy

HI gang,

I've been crazy busy these last few days. Haven't had time to read on here much but by glancing it sounds like everyone is cold and happy.

I'm coming to NJ on the 27th it will be my usual whilwin trip, trying to run all over the state and see everyone! But I am looking forward to it.

My sisters are flying in tomorrow for my BD! I'm so excited one of them I haven't seen since February.

Stay warm!