Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Update...I have my psych visit in four days...yay me

Hey LaShonda- You're from my old stomping ground, Flint, Michigan! My daughter used to work at Hurley when she went through nursing school so I know all about their Bariatric program. She tried to get me to have the gastric bypass as many of her co-workers went through it at the time. I know they are one of the original and best programs in the area. I just got banded June 29th and it took me a year and a half to get this approved. I've tried everything and I really believe this is gonna work. It does require a certain amount of lifestyle changes but you'll have alot of support along the way.Good Luck!

AshlyLin, What is the Protein Shake that you LOVE? Please share brand names! Thanks!

I have found a Protein shake that I LOVE and become full quickly.

LaShonda, I am really motivated by your attitude and your determination to do well. I have almost 200 lbs to lose, too. I start my pre-op diet on Tuesday (13 July) even though I don't have a surgery date yet. I'm hoping for late August, and I don't want it to be any later because I have to do four to six weeks of pre-op diet.

Some days it seems not-doable, and I wonder what I'm thinking! But, the old ways don't work for me, and I'm tired of being fat, unhealthy and uncomfortable. I have a serious problem and it's time I turned to a serious solution. I'm looking at small goals to help keep me motivated, because 178 pounds is just too much for me to think about!

Congrats on your decision and good luck on your journey! Keep us posted! :confused: :cursing: :scared2:

Girl I am the very same boat. I have been researching the lapband on and off for over a year now. In this past year I have packed on more weight. In the last 3-4 months I have been REALLY researching and praying. I am ready to make the move. I have found the doctors I think I want and am going to a seminar on Thursday morning. My husband is over seas working until the end of November. Worries me having any kind of procedure done when he is gone but then again at my weight (somewhere around 250-255 I'm 5'2") I guess something else could happen too huh? My children are 10 & 7, I want to be able to do things with them and see them grow up. Right now I don't get to run and play with them. I wish you all the best and please keep us all updated on how things go for you!

So tomorrow is the day for my psych visit. I am so excited, I can't wait until it I am in the next step of my journey but one step at a time. I am praying and letting god handle this decision in my life. Well wish me luck and I will def update what is going on in my journey.

Thanks for all the support!!!:)

You will do great! Hang in there. Even after losing 25 pounds I felt like a new person. I ended up losing about 90 pounds the first year. My bones don't hurt anymore, I sleep better at night, I don't have high blood pressure anymore, I stopped snoring, etc. I still shop at plus size stores, but I wear the smallest size they offer, and I CAN shop at normal stores too (but I wear the largest size they have LOL!) It's definitely been the best thing I ever did. I know by some people's standards, I am still considered big, but I'm like you, I'm comfortable with my size around 200 lbs. This surgery will probably add 20 years onto your life! :)

Good luck to you with the band. when i started my process i weighed 396 pounds with the pre-op diet my doctor put me on i lost about 23 pounds. Right now im about a week post op i was banded on the 7th of july. I'm now down a total of 39 pounds:biggrin: and i am so happy:smile2::):lol:. when i started this whole process i had over 200 pounds to lose and now i'm on my way there.

Good Luck with your process and good luck with everything. I'd love to hear how everything works out for you.:puke:

Hello,

My name is LaShonda and I am a 24 year old single mother who weighs 388 lbs. I have been researching the LAP-BAND® for about 9 months now...and recently have gone through some steps in getting it over the last month. I started my journey with the idea that this might be an easy road for me, but I have come to realize that it is not. However I have prayed about it and have come to the conclusion that this is what I want to do. I started in at 403 lbs the heaviest I have ever been, since then I have tried numerous diet pills and diets. But with my High blood pressure there is not a lot of things I can take.

Good news is I have lost 15 lbs and plan to lose more, also I have attend a seminar and my psych evaluation is in July. After I see Dr. Williams I can then have my insurance approved and make a consult visit with Hurley bariatic clinic.

Seminar date: 6/9/2010

Psych visit: 7/14/2010

Start Weight:403 lbs

Goal weight: 185 lbs

current weight: 388 lbs

weight.png

you can do it it was the best i ever did

@kit -- Congratulations! You are really an inspiration! Keep up the good work :)

Hi newbie lapbanders! I am about 2+ years out on my journey to lose about 200 lbs also - I'm 140 lbs down at this point and have to make some mindset changes now that this last 60 lbs is going to be tough but I am in this for a lifetime commitment to be healthy.

I just got to ride 8 of the 10 roller coasters at an amusement park that 9 years ago, I couldn't fit on any of those rides.

Hang in there you can do it!

@SpecialK -- good for you. I hear those last pounds are a bugger for some people. I wish you luck in making the necessary changes to meet your goal. I'm not a big roller coaster fan, but I do like some of the other rides ... At least, I think I do! I haven't been able to fit on them in so long, I don't really remember!

Hey Everyone I wanted to keep everyone up to date with my information regarding my journey. I have just gotten the approval from my insurance company to go ahead for consultation...after Consultation there will be a couple of more papers to be sent out to my insurance company then comes my set up date for surgery. I can't wait until everything final comes through.

Consultation Appt: 9/14/2010

current weight: 390 lbs

:biggrin:

Hey Everyone I wanted to keep everyone up to date with my information regarding my journey. I have just gotten the approval from my insurance company to go ahead for consultation...after Consultation there will be a couple of more papers to be sent out to my insurance company then comes my set up date for surgery. I can't wait until everything final comes through.

Consultation Appt: 9/14/2010

current weight: 390 lbs

:biggrin:

Hi from "out west" Lashonda -- Grand Rapids, MI!

It was nice to read about someone from the area. I started at the beginning of your posts back in June and read through. You've been patient and diligent to keep at it and make it happen! Good for you!

I'm just starting and have 25 days to go before my banding. I am currently on a Protein shake ONLY diet until the surgery -- very difficult, but I have decided working hard now will help me not only be better prepared to work hard later, but will put me a few pounds closer to my goal even before the surgery. It's been 4 days without anything in my mouth but these stupid Optifast shakes - ugh - and I don't know if I've lost any weight but my rings are looser. Just my luck I'll have skinny fingers and feet (that's where i always lose it first) and a huge stomach, butt, and boobs. Wouldn't that be a sight?! LOL

Since you have been praying right along for this procedure, let me tell you something I've done. When I am feeling pretty desperate to eat, I've been sitting down at my computer and reading through posts until one strikes me and then I pray for that person for a few minutes. Guess who I am praying for today? YOU!

I am praying for great success for you and a wonderful new life as a Mom once your banding is place. I pray for health for you until then and I pray for ease with the insurance company and doctors. I pray that if you have to do a pre-op diet, that you find support (send me a private message if you need/want to!) and do not suffer with too much hunger and food withdrawal.

Best of luck and may God be with you every step of the way!

Debbie

Lashonda, I am pretty new to this sight. I am having the routine endoscopy that my dr. does before he will do a lap band surgery. My papers have been sent to my insurance co. for final approval. I am planning to have my surgery by the end of September. So excited. I was so impressed with my doctor. He is a Christian. And so am I. This is so improtant to me. Have you had your surgery yet?