Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MAY BANDSTERS ~ How are you doing?

I was banded May 19th, the first week was hard, very hungry, the sight of chicken broth made me feel sick as I drank so much. After I got thru all of that I feel GREAT! I am walking every day, went back to work and all pain is gone.

I get my first fill July 1st, I am looking forward to it.

See if you could put a banana and your Meal Replacements in a blender? That might be a good change of pace?

You are doing amazing, congratulations! We got banded the same day and you are exercising a lot! I was proud of walking an hour a day. This spurred me on this morning to get on the Elliptical and do 30 minutes.

I am on the left side of the country (LOL), and I need to drive about 5 mi to the beach to see the sunsets, but I'm going to do that this weekend and next week (before back to work) as well. Time to smell the roses, so to speak!

lovetolose

I was banded on the 21st. I am actually on regular foods and every day getting better. The first week I wished I had never had this done, but each day gets better and I am glad I did it. What my doctor told me about the pain in my sternim is partly hunger. Even though I didn't think I was hungry, the pain is hunger pain. He also said that the band sometimes rubs against the muscle there and caused inflammation. It also causes pain to go up into my should/neck area. I just thought it was gas and was taking gas x like crazy. I am doing much better now. I go on the 22nd for my first fill. I can't wait. I want to be able to be a little more restricted. Going to start the exercising so I can speed up the weight loss. Best of luck to everyone.

I too am on regular foods. I have had a few swtuck episodes (eating meat too fast) and have lost 20lbs since being banded on the 29th of April. I went this past wednesday for my first fill and he gave me 5ccs. I tried and tried to get Water down, but threw up like five times. Went back in and he took out 1cc. SO, I have 4ccs in my band right now. I have been sticking to 1/2 cup of food and doing well. I haven't really lost any this week (except water weight) but that will change. I need to step up my exercise next week. I love this life though, although it is hard to wrap my mind around it sometimes. I am off to have a smoothie for lunch! Good Luck ya'll!

I was banded May 24/10 -I did great on the pre-op, and have lost a total of 23 lbs, however, Im disappointed as I have been stuck at 221 for the last 5 days-even after going for 3 km walks every night :( :thumbup:

My big goal right now is to get out of the 200's!!!!

I'm still on liquids for another week, but not feeling to hungry....the only thing i'm craving is spaghetti!!! Ha!

Hey everyone.

I was banded on May 27th and it's definitely been interestng so far. I'm on a full-liquid diet and it is HARD. I'm getting so sick of Soup and Protein Drinks. I'm counting down the days until pureed food. My first doctor's appointment is Thursday, June 10th. I feel pretty good besides a few bouts of nausea, so hopefully everything will check out okay.

I was banded May 10. I've lost almost 30lbs so far and I'm estatic!! No fill. Just pure willpower and eating 3/4 cup of food. But after eating 3/4, I do feel satisfied. I've been doing well. I start whole foods on Monday. :thumbup:

Hi Everyone!

I was banded on May 19th and am doing really well. I have lost 19.7 lbs since my pre-op appointment. The surgery went very well and the recovery process was pretty easy. As a SAHM, I took advantage of the time and process to rest a lot. The past two days I have had a reoccurance of pain in my shoulder but other than that things are well. I'm trying to be careful with foods, but that has been the biggest challenge of course - I feel like I could eat anything and everything. Hummus has been my favorite food so far!! I think I could eat the entire container.

My first fill is June 30th. Good luck to everyone.

Hey everyone!

I was banded on the 14th. As a nurse myself it was an experience and I have a new found empathy for my post-op patients! It hurt for several days afterward and laying in bed can still get uncomfortable at times. The first few nights home I slept in our recliner. I took a week and a half of from work and was glad to go back. Overall down 25lbs and people are starting to notice which is nice. I'm almost out of the 200's which is a big deal for someone who is 5'0"!!! Mushies was the worst but that week came and went. So far I've been tolerating all my food and only needed half a bottle of Isopure to supplement my Protein intake. I try to get 60g of protein from food and then another 20g from the isopure.

lovetolose

I was banded on the 21st. I am actually on regular foods and every day getting better. The first week I wished I had never had this done, but each day gets better and I am glad I did it. What my doctor told me about the pain in my sternim is partly hunger. Even though I didn't think I was hungry, the pain is hunger pain. He also said that the band sometimes rubs against the muscle there and caused inflammation. It also causes pain to go up into my should/neck area. I just thought it was gas and was taking gas x like crazy. I am doing much better now. I go on the 22nd for my first fill. I can't wait. I want to be able to be a little more restricted. Going to start the exercising so I can speed up the weight loss. Best of luck to everyone.

Thanks so much for the information! I wasn't sure what that pain in my sternum was all about, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was hunger because I haven't been eating much at all! Because I am not eating, I am not losing, either. It has been nearly a week now without a smidge of weight loss. I am trying really hard to get in the Protein, but it just isn't happening. I am going to have to start using that dreaded Protein Powder. Sounds like we are very similar with our progress. Please keep me informed of any of your changes. I would love to hear of your progress!

I had a lot of trouble with the gas pains my first week and used the GasX dissolvable thin strips, you might want to ask your Dr. if you could use these?

Hey that is great you are doing great. Did you get a fill when you had suregy?

I was banded on May 14th ...so 3 wks ....I am down 10 lbs since post op...I need to start exercising more..NOW..however, I am looking into getting a personal trainer. however, I am getting my first fill in july hopefully that will help with the weightloss.:thumbup:

Banded May 3, 2010 and doing great.. Down 14 pounds. Had my first fill on May 26th. I'm slowly introducing foods one at a time. Tonight is salad!! Whooohoooo!!

Glad to hear you are all doing so well.. Keep up the good work!

Hi i had my surgery on May5th and i am down 12lbs. since surgery. Including what i had to lose before i am a total of 21lbs.down.

I was in the hospital for 6 days after surgery with sinus and upper resp problems on steroids and breathing treatments . After 2 weeks i was on a z-pk for sinus infection i have allergies really bad. Also i went to my Dr. for my first fill on June3 and he couldn't do it.He said i have Fluid around the port. He drained it and i am feeling a lot better. I go back in two weeks on June 17th He is going to try to do a fill then. If all the Fluid is gone Hopefully.

Have Any of you every heard of fluid around the port? Please let me know. This is the first i have heard of it.:thumbup:

Good Luck to you All

Sherry

Hi all,

I was banded 5/18 and am down 25 pounds! I am very happy and feel my energy returning. I haven't been hungry for food, just TEXTURE and CHEWING! I am about to start week 2 of 2 of pureed foods. I can start solids after my next appointment on 6/15. I am really looking forward to this although I am am concerned with starting to eat solids and getting stuck. I have to get my butt moving though....just started back to work and it kicked my butt!

Hope everyone is doing well!

:thumbup: Katie