Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Lap Band Buddy / Mentor Looking for a BUDDY

Make sure that you are drinking all of your liquids. Try increasing your walking a little if you are able too. Are you drinking Protein supplements?[/QUOT

I am trying but I am not hungry nor thirsty at this point just in alot of pain still. I'm going to

try to get the rest of my Protein shake down by the end of the day so

at least I will have one. I'm having a very hard time with

this and am hoping that with every hurtful breath I take I did the right thing

Samantha, i was sore at the port site for a while, and even after a few months, If i strained or did something using my stomach muscles, that is where it hurt. I worried about straining or tearing something, but they told me it is perfectly normal, and not to worry. 9 months after, I am fine, and barely tell it is there. Keep up the good work, and keep asking questions, the support form people who have been through this is so great! You only had your surgery last week.....you're gonna do great. If you are uncomfortable and you don't want the pain meds they gave u, try some tylenol to take the edge off.

Hello!

I would LOVE a buddy or 2 or 3 or 100! Hehe.

My name is Adrianne most call me Anny.

I am 32 years old from Western NY between Rochester and

Buffalo.

My lap band surgery is in 2 weeks from today!! (06-28-2010)

Im scared and excited and nervious and happy and any other emotion you could place with such a life change!!

I am the mother of one. My Son just turned 15 years old!!

Im excited to meet new people and share in my journey!!

weight.png

Hi Anny

Welcome...I felt the same way you do....It is a lot of emotion that we all are going through in whatever stage we are at...

We are all there for you.... Would Love to be your Buddy...

Renee:-)

Hi everyone,how is everyone doing????I fell like I`m at a plateau...I had my surgery on 4/26/10 and was losing 1 to 2 lbs a day for about two weeks.I have no restrictions as of yet...I go for my first fill 6/29/10 and I hope this will HELP.I would LOVE any help I can get....

Hi Browneyegirl,

I have not been banded yet. My date is July 9th. But I would love to talk and chat about our experiences. Keep me posted and I'll be around.

Talk soon,

ddrag:smile:

I finally feel better today:tt1: for the 1st time in a week. But I have NO restriction at all and feel as if i could eat anything I want at this point. My Dr gave me a 14cc band for some strange reason (i'm 4'11" and was 199lbs at surgery) (he said i had fatty tissue surronding my stomach) I think it's going to take me that much longer to lose this weight with such a big band in my stomach. Does anyone else have a 14CC lap band?

Hey Browneyegirl...I think you were doing great with the loss of 1-2 lbs per day..I am assuming you had been on liquids, mushies and then just recently went to solids?? A lot of times when you first go on solids (or during the mushie stage) you can actually gain weight since you haven't had food up until this time only shakes mostly. Most doctors will tell you that ANY weight lost before your first fill is nothing but bonus weight lost. You are suppose to be concentrating on healing during this time. Once you get your first fill and from then forward then you concentrate on losing weight now is not the time. I hope this helps you..keep in mind you are doing great. This is just the begininning for what will be the best journey ever!

Hi Finallyncontrol...Thank you for the HELP...The 1 to 2lbs lost was right after surgeryI`m 8 wks out, and now I am on solids.I do get really hunger at night around 9:00pm.My doc told me I should be losing about 2 lbs a week...and he also told me to stop taking Protein supplement..Does that sound right to you?I think that I am concentrating more on the weight(trying not to).

Thanks again.:-)

Hi Finallyncontrol...Thank you for the HELP...The 1 to 2lbs lost was right after surgeryI`m 8 wks out, and now I am on solids.I do get really hunger at night around 9:00pm.My doc told me I should be losing about 2 lbs a week...and he also told me to stop taking Protein supplement..Does that sound right to you?I think that I am concentrating more on the weight(trying not to).

Thanks again.:-)

I think that every one has a hard time not focusing on trying to lose weight since that is why we did get banded but try not to let it get you down or worried. Get your fill and then you can focus more on it. When your Dr said not to use Protein supplements he was probably trying to make sure you were not "drinking" all of your protein and was able to make good food choices in order to meet your protein goals. I am not a Breakfast person so I always have a shake for Breakfast. I know others who are too tight in the morning to have anything other than a shake in the morning. I hope this makes since.

That does make sence....how did you do in the beginning???

First of all I have to say that I have been told that I am not the normal patient. I have consistently lost 13 lbs (if not more) a month each and every month. I have always listened to my doctors orders. I am a self paid patient so I have always feared that if "I" did something wrong and ended up in the ER because I did not listen to "his rules" I would have a large medical bill for being stupid. That doesn't mean I haven't "cheated" here and there or haven't been stuck for not chewing my food properly or learning that I can't eat certain foods like scoop chips. My doctor is strick...when I get a fill I have to go back to the basics...2 days of Clear Liquids, 2 days of shakes, 2 days of mushies and then start solids..not all doctors do this. He feels that it is in the patients best interest. I follow his directions to a T and always have except for introducing new foods..I introduced foods to my band a little quicker than he would have liked but I did discuss it with him. I don't drink with my meals. I eat until I am satisyfed..not until I am full..that is a big difference. I see my doctor every 30 days regardless if I need a fill or not. I have 5.75 ccs in a 10cc band. I am currently ready for a fill but I knew I was going on vacation and I didn't want to risk having any tightness problems. I only want him to be the one who "messes" with my band. I have complete trust in him. I hope that this helps. I know I am just blabbering but to me having faith in your doctor, following his or guidelines, a positive attitude and the desire to succeed really helps you get through this!!