Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 10-14 2010 Bandsters

Wow, looks like a lot of us are having surgery on the 13th. :confused: Mine is at night, Blah, and my Dr. requires a one night stay for everyone so I won't be home til Friday. Good luck this week, I am on Medifast for my preop. I get 5 medifast products and one lean an green meal a day. I am down 10, not as much as I wanted but a good kickstart :sad:

Sydney

Hey yall- I'm getting banded May 14- I'm on a low carb, high Protein diet~ So far, it's going good. It's hard as crap to find low carb food! I went through the grocery store, looking at all of the nutritional facts. It's crazy. I never realized it before!! So, I had to fork out extra $ for steak, chicken, and such. I would love to do Protein Shakes, but I can only have 8oz of milk a day. I tried mixing it with Water. Gag a maggot. That crap was NASTY! So, I am going to have a shake for lunch. For Breakfast, I have eggs, and for dinner, I guess it will be chicken most nights. Sounds pretty good, but I'd actually rather be doing shakes. I would feel like I was doing more to lose the weight I guess-

Went for a walk around the neighborhood tonight. Felt good to actually exercise. Going to make it a habit, starting now!

Anyhow! Good luck to you all!

My big day is tomorrow! I will keep you all posted!

I would give everything to do a low carb high Protein instead of all liquid. Its killer!!

GOOD LUCK KERRI, Cant wait to hear an update!

Yay Kerri!!!! I look forward to hearing from you about it!

Another May13 Banster here. I have been on 2 shakes a day since April 29 and not doing so well. I do good in the morning, but this has been a busy week and I will have to learn how to eat on the run properly. I know eating on the run is a no no but some things can't be avoided.

Had a rough and doubting day today but think I am through it. Holding up my pants sure made an impact. My husband asked me about shopping at Victoria Secret, a store I went off in a few holidays ago because they didn't care the Plus sizes in the store. And yeah it will be nice to get into a size i can not only buy from there but when I can walk around without knocking over the racks. I will again start my shake diet. I don't know why I am struggling when I do it right I feel good and am not hungry. Maybe the cheating is a feeling of loss and a fear of not being able to eat those foods again.

Good Luck to bandsters this week, I look forward to hearing about everyone's experience. :confused:

:confused: My surgery date is May 14th. I am feeling many different emotions - scared, excited, happy, anxious, etc. This is my first blog and I am learning the website. It is wonderful to see so many people out there supporting one another in this journey. I look forward to supporting all of you!

Just wanted to pop in and say good luck to everyone having surgery this week! I'll be keeping my eyes peeled as the updates start rolling in! :confused:

And welcome mblair3!

Good luck to all of you Monday Morning Bandsters!! Hope everything goes smoothly. Can't wait to get updates!! :confused:)

Well...I'm now officially a 5/14 bandster! My surgery coordinator called this morning and asked if I wouldn't mind switching a day because the guy who is scheduled for Friday morning needed to swap. The last thing I wanted to do was postpone (I am sooooooooooooooooo ready for this!) but when she told me the next chance this guy would get wouldn't be until June, I felt really bad. I'm not the biggest believer in karma but I couldn't help but think that selfishly keeping my appointment for no good reason other than pure impatience is not the best way to start my "new life". So there you have it, 5/14 it is! I'm still starting my Clear Liquids today though - I just picked up my magnesium citrate and that little red bottle is currently mocking me from my desk. Did I mention just how ready I am for this?!?!? :biggrin:

Well...I'm now officially a 5/14 bandster! My surgery coordinator called this morning and asked if I wouldn't mind switching a day because the guy who is scheduled for Friday morning needed to swap. The last thing I wanted to do was postpone (I am sooooooooooooooooo ready for this!) but when she told me the next chance this guy would get wouldn't be until June, I felt really bad. I'm not the biggest believer in karma but I couldn't help but think that selfishly keeping my appointment for no good reason other than pure impatience is not the best way to start my "new life". So there you have it, 5/14 it is! I'm still starting my clear liquids today though - I just picked up my magnesium citrate and that little red bottle is currently mocking me from my desk. Did I mention just how ready I am for this?!?!? :biggrin:

That was super sweet of you! I would say you deserve a cookie, but..... LoL- I'm sure the guy really appreciates it, and I am a big believer in Karma-

What time is your surgery scheuled?? I have to be there at 10:30- I wish it was earlier in the day (Like 7ish) cause I know I'm gonna wake up early as crap (if I can even sleep the night before) and sit here freaking out until 10-

Good luck with the magnesium citrate :lol:/ That stuff makes me puke. LoL-

Fortunately, my surgery is very early. I have to be at the hospital at 5:15 AM. I'm thrilled though, I don't expect to get a wink of sleep the night before!!

Fortunately, my surgery is very early. I have to be at the hospital at 5:15 AM. I'm thrilled though, I don't expect to get a wink of sleep the night before!!

Man you suck! Lol- I am jealous- Just know, while you are getting your surgery, I will be on the couch having a panic attack! Ha ha- Waiting is my least favorite thing to do- It always makes me freak out more than actually being there.

Best of luck to you!!!!

Well I officially and not intentionally scared the crap out of my husband and 7 year old daughter tonight. It kind of started at work when I was shutting down my computer. The thought came to me that tomorrow I start liquids and then on Thursday I will be having surgery. I started to freak out a little so I walked out into an open office knowing that I would calm down once I got around people. The ride home was okay, the radio was my friend. So I thought that "OMG" feeling left when all the sudden I knocked a cup over on the counter while I was cooking dinner. I went totally ballistic. Backed myself into the corner of the kitchen. That made everything worse. I was trapped. I ran to my bathroom fell to the floor and started crying like a baby. I was crying like someone died. My poor innocent daughter walked in where I was a saw my condition. She RAN to her room crying and scared to death. I could hear my husband trying to calm her down. Then he came into check on me. He was perfect. He asked all the right questions - Is there something I can do? Do you think you are a little nervous about the surgery? Next thing I knew he was on the floor beside me calmly talking to me and putting his arm around me. He made me feel so much better. I knew there was a reason we have been married 26 years.

Had to share my mental break down with the world.