Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Disappointed..25 days post-op

I would have posted my disappointment if I wouldn't have had my 2nd fill. I'm going for a 3rd fill tomorrow. I was gaining weight too, before my 2nd fill and told the nurse my bills were still coming in and I'm gaining weight. She told me to be patient and at the time, I was frustrated. I lost 10 lbs the first week after my 2nd feel. I'm down about 14 lbs from the 2nd feel. Here is the post I placed after that fill. Hang in there. I too was ready to throw in the towel. I ran 1.5 miles today. Things are getting better.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f178/non-believer-becomes-believer-113528-new/

"Just an ornament" - that's great and spot-on! I'm going in for fill #2 tomorrow - currently @ 2.5cc in an 11cc Realize "tummy bracelet". I'd say I'm in Bandster Hell and it seems everyone else has been there too.

Meeting with my nutritionist yesterday really helped me to get a good idea of what I should be eating and when, using real food in lieu of Protein Shakes etc. My surgeon's office has so many different people telling me so many different things - some totally conflicting - that I brought it all to my NUT and BIG SIGH OF RELIEF - Answers! Hope!

As for Victory - well, we'll see.:scared2:

My dietician said absolutely no milkshakes or ice cream. It melts in the pouch and then becomes as liquids and does not have a lasting fullness feeling. Also she told us that they do not want us to feel starved. Have more Protein.< /p>

WOW ! I am 16 days post-op and May 15th is my first fill. And does my gut feel like its chewing on my back bone ?? Heck Yes ! No matter how much Water I guzzle it still roars.. I HATE this ! So I had to start snacking in between meals with stuff loaded with protien and it does help. I do hope when I get my first fill I can stop snacking. Best of luck to all of us !

I am in the same boat and I'm 34 days post-op! I infact went for a follow up visit earlier than my schedule post-op visit to check on my wounds because they had became imflamed from the steri-strips and my doc filled me with 3cc'c 3.5wks post-op. I was starving and only lost 12 lbs post-op and plateaued! He said that everybody is different and people are getting fills earlier these day post-op.

Well I thought that I would be good to go now! Well I never felt restriction from that first fill either!! I have only lost 3-4 lbs from that fill till now and thats with maintaining my daily eating log. I am writing the times I eat and drink and spacing everything accordingly along with counting the grams of Protein and oz of Water too. I do walk but now since I've plateaued, I have to change up exercise and I will eat a little more protein on alternate days. Eating more protein and adding a lil more protein calories seems to help drop a couple lbs. I see my nurse next week and hope to get another fill cuz all the work that I'm doing should be workin but its not. Hang in there and i have faith that i was worth it! Strive for the body we deserve! Ill keep you posted. Suregery to date, I've lost 27lbs in 34 days! Its a start!

I am in the same boat and I'm 34 days post-op! I infact went for a follow up visit earlier than my schedule post-op visit to check on my wounds because they had became imflamed from the steri-strips and my doc filled me with 3cc'c 3.5wks post-op. I was starving and only lost 12 lbs post-op and plateaued! He said that everybody is different and people are getting fills earlier these day post-op.

Well I thought that I would be good to go now! Well I never felt restriction from that first fill either!! I have only lost 3-4 lbs from that fill till now and thats with maintaining my daily eating log. I am writing the times I eat and drink and spacing everything accordingly along with counting the grams of Protein and oz of Water too. I do walk but now since I've plateaued, I have to change up exercise and I will eat a little more Protein on alternate days. Eating more protein and adding a lil more protein calories seems to help drop a couple lbs. I see my nurse next week and hope to get another fill cuz all the work that I'm doing should be workin but its not. Hang in there and i have faith that i was worth it! Strive for the body we deserve! Ill keep you posted. Suregery to date, I've lost 27lbs in 34 days! Its a start!

3 to 4 pounds after just 1 fill sounds good. Some people gain weight. 1 fill didn't do crap for me and actually neither did fill # 4 so don't beat yourself up.

thanks everyone for sharing your struggles and successes. I get my first fill next Friday - in the meantime, the band is just like an ornament. I can hardly wait to feel restrictions. Right now, all I feel is hungry. I am 29 days post-op now and down 13 lbs since surgery. Problem is, I lost all that weight the first 6 days post op and have been loosing a 1/2 lb and gaining a 1/2 lb. since. I am getting encouraged when I hear everyone else's story about being in the same boat and then having successful and significant weight loss after a couple of fills. Thank you for sharing these stories! Keep them coming!

This is SO SO SO good to see, i had band surgery on April 9th and have lost 18 lbs and gained 4 back :blink:... My nutritionist took me off carbs, and put me on a high Protein diet. I lost 2.5 lbs. in 3 days :smile:

I am eating 5 small meals a day, which also helps me a lot. The weight gain IS a little discouraging, but its worth it.

I go for my 1st fill on May 14th, so hopefully it will help w/ the fact that im hungry during the night time, im up late 1-130am, so thats when i used to snack, guess my brain hasnt caught up to the fact that i have the band lol:laugh:.

Good luck to all.

It really is important to talk to others who have had the surgery. Prior to my surgery my Cousin, who has been banded for 4 years told me that the first year was very very slow in deed. She didn't really start to lose until the 2nd year and then the 3rd year she really dropped.

I was banded on April 18th and also had a hernia repaired, so I feel as though I have some restriction now, but I've been told that it should loosen up some and I'll be able to eat again. I've even had a hard time getting Water down. So I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I felt like I had too much restriction. But yesterday was the first day that I was able to sip on Soup and actually finish half of it, without feeling as though it were coming back up.

It really is important to talk to others who have had the surgery. Prior to my surgery my Cousin, who has been banded for 4 years told me that the first year was very very slow in deed. She didn't really start to lose until the 2nd year and then the 3rd year she really dropped.

I was banded on April 18th and also had a hernia repaired, so I feel as though I have some restriction now, but I've been told that it should loosen up some and I'll be able to eat again. I've even had a hard time getting Water down. So I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I felt like I had too much restriction. But yesterday was the first day that I was able to sip on Soup and actually finish half of it, without feeling as though it were coming back up.

You are so correct!! My doctor and all the pretty brochures had me starry eyed that I would lose all this weight like immediately after surgery (and some people do lose a lot right after) but it was this board and my mentor who informed me about Bandster hell and you're not really losing weight right after surgery b/c your body is healing nor will you really really drop the weight until you get REAL restriction - the kind where you cannot wolf down food unless you want to be in pain. Also everyone is different. I don't even bother getting on the scale (like right now) b/c its that time of the month and I retain Water. I retain water too if I eat too much salt which completely sucks when I get on the scale. Up 3 pounds one day, gone the next, 2 pounds up the day after then a drop of 4 pounds altogether....rinse and repeat.

I've read some of the posts on the Pre-op board and it seems as if some people are under the same starry eyed assumption. What sucks is many people who have lost the weight on the band leave the boards so we can no longer get advice on what works best.

hi there. i was banded on 4-12-10 and feel the same way u do. i feel that my dr didnt tell me any of the downside of the band, he just to me gave a sell pitch. i wish that i would have down more reseach on the dr and staff. one day he walked by me and didnt even know who i was. but nim in pain around my port area and it has me so stressed out. but i try to stay positive and i want to say the same for you. hang in there and continue to talk thru your fears and not to eat over them. talk with other bandster. family and friends dont always understand. fill free to call me at 718-602-0174 in nyc anytime:rolleyes:

This is exactly what I needed to hear today! I am 3 1/2 weeks post band surgery and have been very discouraged the last couple of days. I basically feel the same as I felt before surgery. I am trying to keep in mind that it will get better after a few fills. Will power is just so hard!!!

Dawn1262...nyc?! I LOVE NY!

hi there. i was banded on 4-12-10 and feel the same way u do. i feel that my dr didnt tell me any of the downside of the band, he just to me gave a sell pitch. i wish that i would have down more reseach on the dr and staff. one day he walked by me and didnt even know who i was. but nim in pain around my port area and it has me so stressed out. but i try to stay positive and i want to say the same for you. hang in there and continue to talk thru your fears and not to eat over them. talk with other bandster. family and friends dont always understand. fill free to call me at 718-602-0174 in nyc anytime:rolleyes:

Hi and thank you for sharing your experience. I too have been trying to stay positive. I am constantly looking at before and after pictures of people that have been banded and I become hopeful I know what you mean about our doctors. No one in told me that I would be able to eat anything and everything I wanted during the first month! After 7 days post op, I called doctor's office and they told me that it was normal for me to feel as hungry as I do and that I was not getting sick after I ate because I was "wide open" = no restrictions. I am hopeful - for all of us, that once we start getting our fills, we won't beyond our "fill" point. Best of Luck, Keep in touch and please let me know how you are progressing. It means a lot!!!!!:smile:

No one in told me that I would be able to eat anything and everything I wanted during the first month! After 7 days post op, I called doctor's office and they told me that it was normal for me to feel as hungry as I do and that I was not getting sick after I ate because I was "wide open" = no restrictions.

I was well informed by my doctor to no expect any weight loss at first and not until I reached restriction. My doctor rocks!!!