Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Jayaseelan?

Guest Jenn421

Diane, the new office will be at Medical City Dallas, but over in Building C, room C670, I believe. And they tell me that they will have an xray right there in their offices, so that's good.

Just got back from the seminar. Dr Jay called in sick! :sick Dr.Cha filled in & there were several nurses that are from the surgery center or Dr Jay's office & they have the band also so it was OK. Very informative. They say there's not really a waiting list or anything, just 1 week of non-fat liquids. So I may have surgery in a little over a week! Providing he's well enough, I suppose. It's getting close & I am so excited! Gotta go buy a blender now! :clap2:

I was banded on 1/16/06; so this is my first week and i am tired of the liquid diet crap, i'm hungry; Dr Jay is good, I've talked to his staff many times; I had United Health care epo and paid $200.00 for the surgery; Now I hope i have done the right thing

Congratulations on being banded! I know the liquid diet really sucks but it is important that you stick to it. Your stomach is healing right now and the last thing it needs is to go to work kersmashing up something that you have eaten. MsJoy, my wife, is 4 weeks post-op. She has been handling the mushies pretty good and next week she gets to move on to more solid foods. Her first fill will be Feb 2nd. Just keep something handy and keep it on your tummy to slake (is that a word) your hunger. Don't worry about losing, concentrate on healing. Good luck!

I was banded on 01/19/2006 but I was on liquids for nine days before surgery so I know the feeling about it sucking big ONES ... I am still doing solid liquids and sticking to broccoli cheese Soup and it is the greatest.. especially from Chili's ... lol. It is a huge life altering adjustment but I have lots of will power and determination and I know I can do this and you can too.. Just stick to it .. Remember the rewards !!!

Liquids! I'm beginning to hate 'em! Surgery scheduled for this Wed so am now on day 5 of pre-op. What fun. But it'll be worth it.

Diane,

I know the feeling .. I am beginning to think that I am never going to be on a regular diet again.. lol ... As time passes it does get easier because you grow accustom to it .. You are soo right .. it is all worth it .. I have lost 9 pounds already and I am only 5 days post-op .. Good luck with your surgery and keep us posted on your progress .. Have a Great day !

Diane, where are you going for your surgery? Joy had hers done at Pine Creek, in Dallas. Nice place and a great staff. But just think, by this time tomorrow, you'll be on your way to a new life......

Julie & Dad (Randy) & everyone else: Yep it's getting close. Tomorrow at 7:15. I'm going to Pine Creek also. Getting kinda nervy here. Thanks guys..

Diane ,

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. I know you will do great.. just remember that you on your way to a new life and the rewards are much greater then the regrets.. Go into it with a positive attitude and you will come out shining like a star ..

Keep us posted on your progress .. we will be rooting for you ..

Off to see Dr Jay! Boy is it early !! (I work evenings & this is way early to me.)

DiDi - By now you are banded and enjoying some the cities finest drugs. Good for you. I hope you long on soon and tell us how it went!

I am officially banded & band-aided & on drugs! Thanks for support from all of y'all. It went well and don't feel too bad but I just took a bit of liquid Vicodin to keep it that way.

Way to go DiDi! I knew you would be here soon. Enjoy the drugs as you only have one refill! Keep updated on your progress!

Diane, glad to see that you made it home and that you're recovering ok. Just keep in mind.....right now you are suppose to be healing PERIOD. Don't worry about losing. Joy still hasn't started dieting and she's down about 20 lbs. First fill in one week.