Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Niki's New tummy, boobies and thighs!

I am turning into a shopper...but I usually don't buy anything. I just like to go and try things on to see what size I would wear, how they would look, ect.

Yesterday was the first day I actually bought anything. I found a pair of jeans and a pair of cute khakis on sale for 40% off and I had another coupon for 20%, so I got them. They were size 11, in the juniors department. I also got a really cute tshirt for a total of 60$! Can't beat that!

I went to see my PS yesterday. The trouble I was having with my incisions were a reaction to the steri stripes and the swelling was more of an internal reaction to the sutures. The other day when I removed the steri stripes was the best thing I could have done. Things are drying nicely and looking so much better.

I told the doctor I was draining about 35cc so he pulled my drain. I was a little nervous because of what I have read before of the pain this can be, but it was nothing! There was a small pinch when he cut the stitch, but then it was just a tugging feeling on the inside. Before I knew it, it was out!

I need to go back next week to make sure that the swelling is not being pooled under the skin. I pray this does not happen because the only way to get it out then would be to drain it with a needle. I think things will continue to heal, and keep getting better!

I have noticed that the end of the incision on the back side of my thighs is giving me a little pain. It is a pulling-pain that can make it hard to get comfortable at night. I think if I was able to take Motrin it would be fine, but with the band that is not an option. I really don't think it is enough to take the percocet RX I have, so I guess it is just more annoying.

I do have pics from last Thursday that I need to post...and today I am two weeks out! Whooo Hoo! I will have my hubby take some tonight and see what I can get posted! Thanks for all the encouragement!

No, Mimi, he just keeps saying "keep it dry." I think because of my reaction I had, I am going to be a little leery of putting much on it at all!

Niki - that is fabulous about the size 11 Capri's and jeans in the Juniors Department!!! You've come a long way baby!

I'm wearing one of your pretty blouses you shared with me that are more fitted Lane Bryant long sleeve shirts that are a 18/20 or 18 and I'm so proud of being at that number for the top at this point and can't wait until I can see the next size down. I can get into size 18 pants and size 20 jeans - seems like jeans are always a size bigger than pants. My size 20 pants are falling off me but I keep using them to get through the winter and into spring clothes. I need to splurge on myself with some new clothes shopping. Maybe I'll get out when my sister is hear for my BR surgery and we'll pick up some new spring/summer things.

So happy to hear that the removal of the drain was just a funny feeling and not painful. Thanks for the honesty and openness you've shared on this board with all who will follow you.

Wow, I didn't realize it had been so long...but I am updating now!

I am 5 weeks post-op as of today, and life is great! I have NO pain at all, and I can't remember the last time I actually did.

My incisions are doing well, not perfect, but not worth complaining about. My swelling is starting to settle down, too. My PS said the the belly takes 6 months to completely heal, but in the mean time, I am very happy.

"The girls" are wonderful, too! I still feel a little larger than I had told him pre-op ( I said full-B or small C) but I won't know until I am able to wear a real bra. I think he said no underwire for three months, but I will ask him when I see him next month. Honestly, I think I am probably a full-c, and I would be happy with these results.

I went back to work on Tuesday. Being a nurse, I was a little worried about how 12 hours on my feet would affect my scars. I really did not have any probs at all. I noticed increased swelling, but nothing that cause much discomfort!

All in all, I am so glad that I had this surgery, and would do it again tomorrow if I needed to!

That's fabulous - I am still worrying with 7 days to surgery - is a C large or small - I have had boobs too big for so long I wanna be able to go braless and whatever, so am busy worrying if I should ask for a B or the C we were discussing when i last saw him. LOL

So glad you are doing so well

Hi Niki - I'm 3 days now until BR surgery - hoping to be a B or small C also -- we'll see. I am anxious to be able to buy a pretty bra in a store post op. Not sure how long until I can get out of the compression bra thing they had me buy.

Sue-what size are you know, and what size were you before you lost the weight. I was a very full D before, and I am very happy with the size I am. I would say a full b or small c is perfect for my frame.

Kathy-I am so excited for you! You are going to be surprised how little pain you will have! Can't wait to hear how things go..I will say a prayer for you!

Now I think I am at least a 34E or F (They need an uplift as well lol) I was before Ilost weight a G cup.

I think a full B or small C I would be happy with..... I don't want them to go all saggy again.... so don't want them too heavy etc.

My surgery is on 22nd - So I kinda hafta make my mind up and fast LOL (I asked him what size he thought would suit me and he said a C or a D - but I didnt tell him I do not wanna have hugemungous bazoongas anymore - been there done that))

Hi, Great job Niki! I'm having a Tummy Tuck in 3 weeks and was wondering what to ask for in time off work. The plastic surgeon said it was up to me. 4 weeks or 6? I've lost 130 pounds and am having the muscle repair too.:smile:

Sue-I think you are going to feel and look fabulous with either a c or a d cup!

whobuddy-I took a month off of work, and that was perfect for me. I was ready to go back, and working 12 hour shifts are fine. I only work part time, though...not sure if that made a difference.

Congrats niki! How are you feeling today, over a month after the surgery? Are you still having pain?

I'm having my TT monday with an overnight stay (repairing a hernia while they are in there). You said you were given percocet for pain. Did they give you enough to sustain you for enough time? Did they help much? I know vicodin does absolutely nothing for me.

Congrats to you!!!

Hi ladies. I'm home and day 3 now and got to take a shower and wash off the gooey bandages and put on a clean compression garment. Felt much better after that. I would say I'm a full B or small C but with swelling right now and soreness, a little hard to tell. I had more drainage and pain on the left side than right. I guess I'm more of a whimp on pain than Niki-- you are amazing how you did.

Just taking it easy and enjoying some pampering from my sister.