Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Niki's New tummy, boobies and thighs!

wow Niki, you are doing awesome! you LOOK awesome too!

can i ask how tall are you, and what was your weight before surgery?

what size were you before the lift/implants, what kind of implants and what size? what size (once they are settled and not swollen) did the Dr. say you would end up with?(i'm still trying to decide on what size to go with)

Your before pics look A LOT like me (except my boobs point even farther south than yours!)

did you have muscle repair too (tightening)?

sorry for all the questions!

I'm having the same thing (except, i'm not doing the thigh lift) as you....TT and lift w/implants. so it helps to 'see' what things may be like!

you gave me hope that i wasn't expecting to feel better too quick!

what ages are your kids? I am starting to worry about missing them, when should they come home, and when can i care for them on my own....

wannaB...I will send you a private message and try to answer more of your questions...it would be too hard to read on here!

Well, today I am 11 days post op, and I feel wonderful! I am back walking almost completely upright, and at a normal pace again, too. I only drained about 35 cc yesterday, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that the drain will come out today at my appointment. I will update on how that experience goes...not looking forward to it being pulled out at all!

I think you look awesome. Praying that your drains come out today. Keep us posted. As I have only been banded for 4 months now...I hope to one day follow in your footsteps.

Good luck today. And thank you for being brave enough to post your pictures. We are similar builds and to see your results gives me a LOT of hope. Thank you. Thank you.

Niki, I had my drain out today, did yours come out? It felt really strange and still feels like it is there!!! I would love to get my thighs done but I would have to find another PS because my PS doesn't do thighs. You are doing sooooo great!!!

Mimi

Niki, so glad to hear you are doing so well. I ordered my breast compression garment - ordered 2 since I think I have to wear it for quite a few weeks which will take me into the summer and if I can start jogging again after 2 months (?maybe) I might wear it to keep everything held in place well.

Well ladies, I had two small setbacks today. First, when I milked my drain this morning before my shower, I immediately drained 25cc...putting my total way above the level to have it pulled. So, I called the office and pushed back my appt. until Wednesday.

My second setback happened tonight. After 8 hours of shopping, I got home and realized that my left hip had a steri strip that was causing me a lot of pain. I decided to pull it off and the area of incision underneath was swollen, red and draining yellow discharge...All signs of infection!

I called my PS and he said that sometimes the steri stripes can cause a reaction and develop a superficial infection. He suggested to take off all of the steri stripes and wash with soap and Water...he also said NO hydrogen peroxide or neosporin.

There are a few area that are not looking as great as I have hoped...mostly on my inner thigh. The skin is not flat, but almost raised or bumpy. I asked my PS and he said it is normal to pucker because one side of the incision is longer than the other. I need to just trust him...he is the same amazing surgeon tonight, as he was this morning!

So I am sitting her on the couch, no undies on, letting my scars air dry. I am going to try to scale down my activity, too. Maybe if I slow down, the draining will slow down, and I can get this drain pulled out!

You are doing so well - But take it easy and let your body concentrate on the healing (instead of shopping which is also a great thing lol)

take care of you

Nikki:

I think us bandsters have a hard time recuperating because after losing so much weight we have amazingly incredible energy. Please remember that if you take it easy you'll heal better. A few weeks of low activity are worth the price to have a fabulous end result with your surgery.

Take care.

Sue

Niki -- that's good that you recognized right away to call your surgeon and take his advice - to let things dry out and rest. I always wonder when I see things posted on different boards like this where someone clearly should be either calling their doctor and getting to the E.R. if they are in crisis why they first ask for advice from the internet. I know we get alot of good info from each other but in the immediate time frame, nothing beats talking to your own doctor you can trust.

Sue and Sue-You ladies are right...I need to remember that a few weeks of low activity is worth the better results.

Kathy-It is really hard for me to call the doctor after hours...I think it is a nurse thing...I have been yelled at one too many times at work for bugging a doctor after hours! I really was nervous last night, and because of the pain I was having, I new it was time to make the call. I am really glad I did!

So this morning I am feel soooo much better. the incisions are looking much better, too. They are still red, but according to what the doctor said last night, that is normal. They are no longer seeping, and I think maybe I was just being a little bit of a Drama Queen because I was having pain.

I lost another half pound yesterday. I guess that is from the Fluid I am draining. I plan on taking today much easier. Laundry and T.V. are my two jobs for the day. LOL. Sounds like a fun time!

Forget the washing - and just concentrate on YOU - You deserve it and you can just relax and heal - Take it easyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Thanks Niki! i know i rambled...guess i'm getting super excited about the results i will see...since the day is getting closer!

you need to slow it down!!! take it easy and let your body heal!

I bet you wouldn't tell your patients to go shopping for 8 hours less than 2 weeks out from surgery now would you?! LOL

Hummmm...i wonder if i'll turn into a shopper after surgery? i've never liked to shop!

have you taken any more pics?

wannaB...I will send you a private message and try to answer more of your questions...it would be too hard to read on here!

Well, today I am 11 days post op, and I feel wonderful! I am back walking almost completely upright, and at a normal pace again, too. I only drained about 35 cc yesterday, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that the drain will come out today at my appointment. I will update on how that experience goes...not looking forward to it being pulled out at all!