Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protien Shakes (Warning: Maybe TMI)

I drink the Atkins Protein Shakes in the morning. It's just such an easy Breakfast before school and work. But recently, after I drink one, I have diarrhea. I mean like cold sweats and everything. I didn't drink one for about 3 days. I tried again this morning. Same thing. What in the world could be causing this?

sugar, either real or artificial sweeteners? I got rid of all of mine and now if I eat sweets I have loose stools within 30 minutes.

I drink the Atkins Protein shakes in the morning. It's just such an easy Breakfast before school and work. But recently, after I drink one, I have diarrhea. I mean like cold sweats and everything. I didn't drink one for about 3 days. I tried again this morning. Same thing. What in the world could be causing this?

Ewwww Protien diarrhea is the worst! I was drinking Atkins shakes in the morning cos it's quick on the drive to work, but I always got several miles from my office and I was crampin up:eek: so I totally understand. But lately I've been having a chocolate Shakeology shake and no tummy problems! No tummy problems means a happy Desi! LOL! Plus I have such a boost of energy! Red Bull and Starbucks has nothing on Shakeology! LOL!

Atkins shakes are high in fat (I think) that could be what is causing it. I would switch shakes for sure. I drink myoplex lite 20 grams of protien and 170 cals.

Thanks, yall! I'm definitely going to be trying a new shake. I just wish I knew what caused them to all of a sudden make me sick.

The Atkins shakes also have a decent amount of Fiber (5g), so maybe that contributes to the problem.

Whew!! And I thought that was just the way it was going to be!!

I drink the Atkins Protein shakes in the morning. It's just such an easy breakfast before school and work. But recently, after I drink one, I have diarrhea. I mean like cold sweats and everything. I didn't drink one for about 3 days. I tried again this morning. Same thing. What in the world could be causing this?

I bought my shakes at Wal-Mart...it is whey Protein I think it is by Body Fortress...it has 52g of protein and tastes so good!! Chocolate/Vanilla/Strawberry flavors in a 2 lb size.

I was told to drink them SLOWLY otherwise you would get diarrhea...so take at least 1/2 hour to drink them, up to 1 hour. Put in a banana, or 2 TBL of Peanut Butter into the chocolate, along with skim milk and about 3/4 cup of ice cubes...best smoothy !! I forgot to add...the price was only $12.00 versus $30.00 that I paid at the doctor's office.

I have been drinking Atkins vanilla shakes for breakfast on my way to work for 8 months and have not had that problem. Maybe you got a batch that had something wrong with it? Maybe you developed some sort of intolerance?

All the Protein Shakes make me poop! I haven't found one that sits good in my belly but I'm more worried about Constipation then loose stool! I make sure my I get in all my Water if I'm going to drink a shake. Don't want to dehydrate!

I bought my shakes at Wal-Mart...it is whey Protein I think it is by Body Fortress...it has 52g of Protein and tastes so good!! Chocolate/Vanilla/Strawberry flavors in a 2 lb size.

I was told to drink them SLOWLY otherwise you would get diarrhea...so take at least 1/2 hour to drink them, up to 1 hour. Put in a banana, or 2 TBL of Peanut Butter into the chocolate, along with skim milk and about 3/4 cup of ice cubes...best smoothy !! I forgot to add...the price was only $12.00 versus $30.00 that I paid at the doctor's office.

I love Body Fortress... And that's pretty much exactly the way I make it!!! I always buy the vanilla powder because I can add it to oatmeal as well. I also add chocolate sugar free pudding powder to my Protein Drink and use my immersion stick blender and it's like a frosty.. Be carefull with the peanut butter.. I only add I tsp just enough to give it the taste.. But Peanut Butter is 100 calories a Tbsp and you could easily end up with a 400 plus calorie protein drink....( unless that's your intention )..

11 months out and I love my choc/peanut butter protein drink!!!

maybe you are lactose intolerant? which means the milk in the shake is whats giving you the diarhea.

i am lactose intolerant, so i mix my own Protein shakes with lactose free milk. (mootopia is lactose free and it has extra Protein in it). I mix it with "carnation breakfast" mixes.

I'll vote for lactose intolerance too. I've had that cold sweat experience a couple of times.

I'm not lactose intolerant. I drink milk just fine. I'm starting to wonder if it's a bad batch. I have an untouched pack that I'm going to try tomorrow morning when I have nowhere to be. I'm thinking about trying the whey Protein that was mentioned a few posts back as well.

I have been drinking an Atkins for 13 mo. every morning, and sometimes more, and have noticed lately that I am having some diahrrea, but not always, so have not related it to the drinks.< /p>