Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

BetsyB--thinking of you and sending prayers to where I can't go.

Cafe World? Sweet! Hit me up and add me :-)

Bobbie wallis

Thanks I can use the neighbors!!!!!

I swear this band is a pain in the a$$! Just when you think you got it figured out, it changes. I got a fill on March 22nd, did my 2 days liquid, 1 day mushie, start eating regular food and everything is fine, as a matter of fact I start thinking this fill really isn't helping but then for the last 3 days, everything I eat (except yogurt) makes me spit, not really stuck or slime just a lot of saliva. Last night my wise ass husband brings me a plate of dinner and a cup with a paper towel to spit in! (By the way, he might be a wise ass but he is sweet enough to cook dinner and bring me a plate while I relax.) So what about it has anyone else had this spit thing happening?

OK, Christie R - there are over 60 Christie Reids on FB ... I dont know which one u are! lol I'm on there as bobbie wallis.

shadest8 - i dont know your name on there either.. so both of you can add me, ok ? :-)

Betsy,

I read your post earlier today but could not log in and reply at work.

I am sending well wishes your way for both you and Mark. I know this will be a time full of stress, but I think you will keep a level head and deal with it. .... hugs

I don't expect you to respond to my posts because I know you have a "full plate" right now. Just make sure you check in from time to time so we all know how you are. On those days you have time and energy to post more, I will continue to enjoy your posts.

Crystl

Betsy-thoughts and prayers with you, crossed fingers and toes...you get it all.

Elfie-ewww, ewww, ewww, ewww....(and not about the asparagus)

Bobbie-Surprise! Multiple Bobbie Wallis' too...try this Welcome to Facebook | Facebook

hopefully this will narrow it down a bit for ya.

Windows open and just gorgeous outside. With the except of the tornado issue and mosquito problems spring time in Arkansas is amazing!

Hi Everyone!

Betsy, my prayers are with Mark and you and your family! Hope everything goes OK with the changing doses of medicine.

Illuminationlady, welcome home! Glad you had a great trip!

Leigha, your story of the empty cup just cracked me up, that is something my hubby would do, too. :frown:

Gosh, so many of you noticed my new pic! That was me in New Orleans with my ice cream strawberry daquiri...yum. The bloody mary belonged to DH, NOT me! hee hee!

I blame the lap band for the wrinkles around my eyes. As I deflated, the wrinkles became more prominent. Wonder if my insurance company would consider a face lift a reconstructive procedure? :smile2:

Crazy day today, many of you know I got new office cubicle furniture a month or so ago. Well some of the panels were damaged during shipping.

As I was preparing to facilitate a meeting, my cubicle mate announced that the company was coming in about an hour to replace the panel. THANKS A LOT! I had to clear my desk for them to come in and do the work. Sheesh. So, I went to the meeting not as prepared as I'd have liked.

Meanwhile my boss was in a different meeting, it did not go well for him, from what I hear, so he is still counting down the days (52 now). I used to facilitate those meetings (all the managers in the district I work for). A couple of years ago, the district manager decided they did not need facilitation and I stopped. Well, the other managers requested I be brought back in. I took it as a compliment to my facilitation skills.

Ok, I am off to post some before and after photos!!!

Cocoa, I too love the new Avatar pic and the cool before & after pics! You look so happy :frown:

Thanks Hummingbird!

Going through all the pics on disc to put them back on hubby's computer got me going.

The changes in my face really amaze me the most. That, and the fact that I blend into the crowd now! :frown:

Happy Thursday everyone!

I think I have made up my mind to ask for a tiny fill when I go to my Dr. in Denver on Friday. I have been so tight for months the thought of a fill didn't even enter my mind. This week I have been getting hungry between meals, so maybe it's time. My weightloss has slowed to a snail's pace too and I really don't want it to take a year to get rid of this last 34 lbs.

Good Morning everyone! I've been super busy. Becky, my 23 year old daughter was banded on Tues. without incident. She is home, here, recovering and I am the nurse...lol. She's doing great and we walked the neighborhood yesterday. But still haven't had time to catch up. I did read enough to know that Besty needs our prayers. I have been praying for her and Mark the whole time I was gone. Well wishes and hugs your way, Besty. Leigha, sometimes I, too, get a lot of saliva. For me, it's a sign I'm full. But it doesn't happen all the time. Maybe you're too tight. A slight unfill might do the trick. Sometimes a few drops can make the difference. I didn't lose any weight while I was gone but that's okay because I thought I would have gained. Ate too much good food and slider things. Back to business now. Have a really great day today. Back to nursing the sickly one here for me. Love to all, Dottie

Betsy, thinking of you and Mark.

IL, congrats to your daughter! She must love having your help and guidance!

I just found this picture of myself from one week before surgery. I used to groan at seeing pictures of myself, but now, I get so excited to find a fat picture because IT'S IN THE PAST! :-) Isn't it funny how your perspective changes? I love my fat pictures now! :thumbup:

post-282993-13813139229117_thumb.jpg

Good afternoon everybody, Spring is here! How do I know? Because the pine trees are pollinating everything, I left my car parked for 3 days and here is what it looked like when I went to get in it last night.

post-632-13813809574098_thumb.png

But on a happier note here is my neighbors tulips, he has a huge display that he plants every year. Its just beautiful.

post-632-13813809574543_thumb.png

post-13420-13813809575075_thumb.jpg

I think we are going to have my MIL and the kids at the house for Easter, it is forecast to be 81 and sunny so we are going to use the smoker to make some kind of BBQ we just have to decide what kind. The good news is it is going to rain tomorrow so that will wash most of the pollen away first.

My friend brought me some fresh eggs that his chickens laid. I am very excited about having fresh eggs instead of store bought.

post-8865-13813809575836_thumb.jpg

Anyone have Easter plans?

post-281008-13813139229455_thumb.jpg

post-281008-13813139229759_thumb.jpg

post-281008-13813139230068_thumb.jpg

post-281008-138131392304_thumb.jpg

T.G.I.F.!

Friday is here and I will drive to Denver to see the lapband doc after I take my grandson to school.

I wanted to take off a couple more pounds before today so that my weight at the Dr.'s office would be at least an even 80 lbs with clothes on. I stepped on the scale this morning and was up 1/2 a pound! Ugh, how the heck did that happen?! Oh well, such is life. The last time I was there I had lost 29 lbs, so all is good.

Leigha, my pines won't be pollinating for quite some time now, but when they do it is a big mess. My spring flowers aren't even thinking about sticking their little heads up yet. I will have spring flowers in the summer, but the blooms last a nice long time. love the tulip pics.

Betsy---I am saying prayers for you, Mark and the family. I will be thinking of you. Please post an update whenever you can. ((HUGS))

Dottie--Congrats on your daughter's successful banding. Wishing her a speedy recovery and wonderful road ahead with us bandsters! Glad you're back!

Leigha--love your Spring pics!!! So never had the spit thing! Weird! Your hubby sounds just like mine--a complete smart a$$ LOL Are you still having this issue?

HB-- Good luck with your appointment and getting another fill! I am exactly in the same boat. Have good restriction, but my meals are not lasting very long before I'm starving again, so I'm getting a fill on 4/22. Let us know how it goes!

Cocoa-- LOVE the new pic! Looking good, girl!!!

So, hit my Easter goal of 170 lbs! Woohooo! Pulled it out at the last second. So waiting for TOM to get here and I have never missed him so badly.....about 2 days late (blush). Please say prayers that the Easter bunny brings a tardy visitor because I am sooo not prepared for the alternative (didn't want to say anything yesterday due to April fool's). So that's my nail biter for the day. All of a sudden being hungry in between meals doesn't seem like my biggest issue LOL.... Fingers crossed, guys!