Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Good morning everyone! Well here I am at the dealership, bored to tears. This is when I sit here thinking I need a treadmill! I got to stop being so cheap and just buy one. At least I would be accomplishing something. (Small dealerships do most of their business during the week, large ones do it on the weekend, strange huh?) Come on 2 o'clock! Maybe I can talk my son into riding bikes with me this afternoon.

Anybody have any cool plans for the weekend?

Guess what? Just because you can eat something doesn't mean you should. I was wanting something different for lunch so I made myself a 1/2 of a ham and cheese sandwich. I toasted the whole grain bread really well and then sat down to eat it. I ate nice and slow with no problems and stopped when I got the full signal with about 1/4 of it left, no problem right? Like that country song says WRONG, about 15 min later I started slimming, what is that about? Does the bread swell in your pouch or something? So I have been sitting here spitting in my trash for the last hour which completely grosses me out, wondering if I should go make myself throw up so I will feel better.

Aw, Leigha, sorry you feel crappy. I hope by now your stuckness/overfullness/whatever-ness has passed.

Your photo is hot, hot, hot! You look fabulous.

I'm like you; once I get hungry, there's no getting UN-hungry. I have to eat on schedule, or I'm doomed.

Bob-you are an overachiever, getting stuck and puking already! I had my first "incident" last night--also at a restaurant. Fun times.

Liz-awesome calendar quote--I'm going to have to remember that.

Elfie-You'll be well on your way to 200 by April 30. I'm betting you'll get there, or below. But even if not quite--you'll make a huge dent.

Reubens were the one thing I craved insanely when on my preop and postop diets. The first postop restaurant meal I had was a reuben sans bread--it was heavenly.

Christie--Steve sounds like he needs an attitude adjustment. Are you doing better now, or will you head in for a little unfill?

HB- Lanky! I wanna feel lanky. My legs would need to grow several inches to achieve that, though.

WTG on your closet-shopping! That's always so much fun.

Bobbie--how lucky you have friends to pass on warm-weather clothes! I know you'll get into them.

Karen- Are things going down for you better than they have been?

I'm with you--the half inch definately counts!

Anne-Don't worry--you'll be sliming with the best of us before you know it.

Laura-I'm glad you joined us! (to the rest: Laura and I go to the same surgical group & know each other from our classes.) You're not PBing or sliming because you don't have anything resembling restriction yet. Believe me, it's not nearly as glamorous as you think! (I'll give you a prediction: within 8 hours of Fill #3, you will have the experience.)

Denise--Sorry about your computer hell--that sounds miserable. As does the prospect of breaking in a new manager--I hope yours sticks around.

Does your knee feel any better?

I had Fill #3 yesterday--as always, my doctor's scale is exactly 1.1 pound higher than mine, and my clothes weighed exactly 1 pound (neurotic? me? naaahhhh....)---so I was not under 200 on his scale. However, he was very happy with my loss so far. I now have 7.3 cc in my 11 cc band, and am definitely feeling it. For now, I'm babying it---I learned the necessity of this the hard way.

Nothing fun or exciting going on this weekend--I have a bit of work to catch up on, and otherwise am just sort of hanging out and relaxing.

Anyone else doing anything fun?

Hi all!!

Happy Saturday to you.

My computer woes appear to be coming to an end. Hubby's computer is nearly set back up. Dratted thing! Am scanning the hard drive now for bad sectors.

He took me to PF Chang's for lunch as a Thank You for fixing it for him. Otherwise he'd have a Dell paperweight. Yummy!

It's a beautiful day here in San Diego. 80 degrees and the sun is shining. We sat outside at the restaurant and enjoyed the day and the food.< /p>

Betsy, they knee is much better, thanks. Taking it easy a few days helped quite a bit. DH took Butters out for his walks while I have been arguing with computers.

Leigha, did you eat the sandwich with your hands??? uh oh!

Well, off to see what else I have been missing on the board!!!

We have been getting nothing but SNOW!!!!

Went down the mountain to Colorado Springs and they have no snow! It is like a winter wonderland here.

Elevation makes all the difference I guess.

Went bowling again. Had a glass of wine. It makes me bowl better. (hehe :) )

Betsy, I am 5' 7" and very long in the waist and legs. People always think I'm taller, so the lanky feeling comes a little easier I guess. (I buy "tall" jeans and scrubs)

Edited by Humming Bird

I feel so blessed comfortable with you all, and I know you but don't know you! You all, and your stories of trials and tribulations :w00t: and slimes and PBs give me the warm fuzzies :)(goes good with tangerine crocs)! Thanks for giving me hope for being plain ol' human, baggy panties and all. Can't wait 'til I'm to baggy panties:tongue2:! Oh, and with tangerine crocs! And I thought I would look better! Ha!

Great pic Leigha!

And, although purple is my favorite color, I wouldn't be caught dead in Crocs!!!!

You've obviously never worn them. My daughter-in-law bought me a pair for Christmas 3 years ago and I wear these suckers everywhere...hence the multiple pairs of varying hues. They had a really great review from orthopedic doctors because they not only are good for the feet, but all the way up the back!

Try 'em...you might like them.

Just checking in. It's a rainy day here and just feeling blah. C'mon spring!

Anne-someday soon you too will have baggy panties!

We got home from Ohio about 3 hours ago, laundry started but stacked to the ceiling waiting its turn. I love my family and we enjoyed our time away but I am SOOOO glad to be home again! Steve is still fickle, to say the least. He has until next weekend to mellow out, that'll be 3 weeks from the fill, if I'm not doing a little better with food by then I'm getting a little taken out. I cannot believe I'm even considering having anything taken out!!!! It seems so totally wrong to be whining about being over tight! I do think it's loosened up a tad and now that I'm home and can control what's for dinner a little better hopefully things will get better.

Can't wait 'til tomorrow! Nothing is better than the first day of work after you've been off for a while, bleh. :o Have a great week everyone!

I wanna be on the Positive Playground! I already have my membership check signed and made payable to Bob.

I love all the pet talk! I have 7 dogs, 2 cats, 1 foster dog and 1 foster cat. I'm crazy!

Right now, I'm being a brat about exercise, and enjoying a cocooning weekend. I have just ended a 7-year relationship, and while it's a good thing, it's still sad and I feel very sluggish. But my next 5K is in Philly on April 17th and I have to get my banded butt in gear! I've been really childish lately about exercise -- "I don't wanna!" so I'm using that Positive Mental Attitude (after allowing myself some down time to be a baby) to get back in the game.

I'm almost 10 weeks post-op, have had two fills and have lost 25 pounds. My next fill is April 22nd. I'm a big fan of slow and steady. Huzzah! :-)

P.S. Some of yas got some Facebook friend requests from me today (as Sawyer Seventyseven -- my first name is Jacki, for the record -- one of my dogs is Sawyer) -- I'm still "in the closet" in my regular life, with only about 10 folks knowing my surgery secret, so I made a separate account, just to keep my worlds from colliding. :-)

Welcome to the thread, Jacki! I so Celebrate your boyfriend choice (read about it on another thread):smilielol5:, and if there's anything we can do to help you stay strong, just holler!

Elfie, my husband broke his ankle just before Thanksgiving because of wearing crocs and them sticking to the floor, so maybe I better pass on your tangerine ones. Got any moccasins I can walk a mile in?:o

Christie, hope Steve starts behaving himself!

Did my walking today- most begrudgingly, but did it!

Welcome, Jacki!

Anne, you're about 10,000 steps ahead of me--Truman and I have yet to hit the pavement. Guess I'd better log off and lace up my shoes!

I thought I heard the words check and Bob in the same sentence!!!!

I will not wear Crocs on a boat

I will not wear Crocs with a goat

I will not wear Crocs in my car

I will not wear them near or far!

Over achiever Betsy? I did it again yesterday but this time with pre-packaged, deli, turkey breast and at home. It was a lot more comforting being able to run to my own toilet in the next room. I have eaten that a dozen times in the past 3 weeks with no issues. My band may have gotten tired or it was just giving me a break when I was new. It will be 4 weeks Tuesday and I have not dared touch bread except for a couple of pieces of pizza.< /p>

Karen, when you are feeling ravenous at home, brush your teeth. It totally takes my appetite away.

I gained a pound last week and so far, I am down 5 pounds in 5 days. I exercised more last week than this week; ate about the same amount minus the stuckies and I don't buy into that "muscle weighs more than fat" crap.

Back to Farmville and yes, I am addicted.

If you aren't on Facebook, come on over. My name is not Bryan or even Mike there. It is Bob Trieger and my e-mail is triegerb@verizon.net

Hi Everyone!

Very happy to say the weekend is almost over.

DH has been in a pissy mood most of the weekend. Will be glad to be back at work tomorrow.

Bob, just sent you a friend request on FB. I am wondering if the turkey breast bothered you because your stomach was irritated from your last PB attack. I find that I sometimes have problems for a few days after a stuck event.

Sawyer! Welcome!! You banded your butt? I need one there! :o

I braved the scale this morning. After soy sauce at PF Changs yesterday (which is usually good for a pound or two), I can report that I maintained my NORMAL BMI that I hit right before we left for New Orleans!

Woot Woot!!! Yes, I am a happy camper!

Christie, welcome home. Sorry Steve is being a poopy head. Doncha hate how laundry piles up? Nasty stuff!

I admit it...... I do have a pair of black Crocs. I wear them when I wear black scrubs. They are so worn smooth on the soles I really have to watch it if the floor is wet or I will end up on my "banded butt."

Bob! You know I love all the brushing! :o(hope you floss too)

Denise, so glad you stayed normal !

Christie, glad you had a little break and sorry you have to return to work. ( I'm not too thrilled about going in tomorrow either)

Jacki, Hi, welcome

Geez, all this pet talk almost makes me want to go get one..... almost. I'm still enjoying being petless for now.

Edited by Humming Bird