Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2010

hi every one i am being banded on the 18th of april i'll start my liquid diet next week wish me luck ... i think we all should add our self on msn on black berry we form a group so we can support each other and c how far we've made it what do u think

Good luck on your journey...how do you like the Protein Shakes so far? Pretty gross but the weight loss will be worth it.

Hello folks! Banded April 2nd! Sooo happy the surgery is out of the way and I can now begin my journey to the new me. Incisions still sore and not too hungry today. Yesterday I was starving. My doc has me only on Clear Liquids and Jello for a week. I did have a tablespoon of hummus last night though. I was craving it. oops! It's tough not eating solid foods! Is anyone else having a hard time with just liquids?

I am. Being Easter today is tough! I am making a frozen lasagna and garlic bread for my family. I had my surgery yesterday. Still not feeling that great. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I have to go to work tomorrow. Yes, I am tired of liquids. I started the Protein Shakes again today and lots and lots of Water. One more week of clear liquids and then the next week it will be more liquids, then week three is mushy foods. Then the fourth week is where we can eat regular foods. Im just ready to be back to normal...whatever normal is.

Hello folks! Banded April 2nd! Sooo happy the surgery is out of the way and I can now begin my journey to the new me. Incisions still sore and not too hungry today. Yesterday I was starving. My doc has me only on clear liquids and Jello for a week. I did have a tablespoon of hummus last night though. I was craving it. oops! It's tough not eating solid foods! Is anyone else having a hard time with just liquids?

Getting the liquids in is no problem. Clear liquids for a week. My BIG problem right now is that my DH is cooking and I am so so hungry right now. I want something solid, but I know that I have to wait.

Also, I have been in the bathroom for most of the day. I have nothing left in me:eek:. Oh well I see my surgoen on Thurs, hopefully I will be advanced to the next phase.. hang in there!!!

I am trying to prepare myself for the days of nothing but liquids, but I know that it will be a very trying time. I have to do the clear liquids for 3 days so I have to amp up the willpower, and I am sending some to all of you as well :smile2:

I am. Being Easter today is tough! I am making a frozen lasagna and garlic bread for my family. I had my surgery yesterday. Still not feeling that great. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I have to go to work tomorrow. Yes, I am tired of liquids. I started the Protein Shakes again today and lots and lots of Water. One more week of clear liquids and then the next week it will be more liquids, then week three is mushy foods. Then the fourth week is where we can eat regular foods. Im just ready to be back to normal...whatever normal is.

Just checking in to see how you are feeling. I can't believe you were up and moving around well enough to cook lasagna for your family the day after surgery! I'm jealous! Were you able to go back to work today? I ended up not going back to work today, as I still feel like someone is stabbing me in the chest. I'm hoping to start feeling better and return to work on Wednesday.

I hope everyone else is recovering better than I am :)

I'm having chest pains too. At times its hard to breath. And this damn shoulder pain!

Keep pressing on, guys...we can do this!

i can't wait for 18th of april do u guys want us to form a blackberry messenger group so we can how good we did n support one another

Good luck tomorrow Waynoo! You eill do great, I just know it. I am at day two and feeling much better than I ever dreamed!

Let us know how you are doing as soon as you can.

:smile2:

Hi,

New to the blogging thing but really need the support of people who are going through what I am going through. I was banded on the April 1st as well. I had the exact same feelings you did. When I read your blog it was like I was writing it myself. Made me feel good that I wasn't the only one having the same concerns.

Since the banding things are going okay, but I am sick as heck of eating liquids and puree stuff. I want some real food. I can't get passed the pureed meats. The texture is killing me. I keep praying that this was worth it. I just keep telling myself to get passed the next couple of weeks and things will get back to normal soon. Normal food again, just smaller portions. I crave pizza so bad!!! :-(

This site is a blessing from God. It is a place where people understand me.

Thanks guys!!!

Hi,

New to the blogging thing but really need the support of people who are going through what I am going through. I was banded on the April 1st as well. I had the exact same feelings you did. When I read your blog it was like I was writing it myself. Made me feel good that I wasn't the only one having the same concerns.

Since the banding things are going okay, but I am sick as heck of eating liquids and puree stuff. I want some real food. I can't get passed the pureed meats. The texture is killing me. I keep praying that this was worth it. I just keep telling myself to get passed the next couple of weeks and things will get back to normal soon. Normal food again, just smaller portions. I crave pizza so bad!!! :-(

This site is a blessing from God. It is a place where people understand me.

Thanks guys!!!

hey hope ur feeling good my surgery is after 1 week i am having second guesses but i will believe in my self i wish i can lose the weight

u should be on a liquid diet now so the band won't move from it place u can't eat meat and pitzza try the Protein shakes .. i am starting my pre surgery liquid diet 2day ... how much should u lose any ways my aim is 100lbs good luck and remember the band it self its not a magic u should work with it its a change of life style good luck my dear :biggrin:

i am being banded on the 26th and start my liquid diet on monday!

I'm getting banded on April 21st...the day after my 31st B-day! Dietitian said I should have some champagne on my b-day, as it is a liquid...I thought she was kidding, but she was serious! Today is my fifth day on full liquids and it isn't so bad, especially since the scale is moving!

I've never been big on forums before, but this is such a nice site and it will be great to have support. I'm looking forward to going through this journey with you all!

Checking in first time since surgery. The surgery went well, I just had a hard time coming out of the anesthesia. Today is the first day I have really felt like doing anything. I do well with the liquid diet until someone else in the house starts cooking, then I feel hungry. I hope all is going well with everybody! It is worth it and we can do this!!