Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Chat

Howdy All!

Another day in the salt mines, down.

Let's see... This morning I had my first consultation with Dr. Fox. He was very nice. He told me about all the things that a person considering the band needs to know - and I told him that I have been researching here for several months and I just want to get my Blankety Blank insurance company to approve me. He indicated that it is often SEVERAL appeals with insurance and gave me the name of a gal at Lap Band Solutions to call... Best of all, he put me on the scale and I have lost 8 pounds since starting my Breakfast & no snacking after dinner thing. Woo Hoo!!

I left feeling pretty mixed emotions. I am hoping for a miracle on the insurance appeal - stupid thing to do - but I can't quite stop myself. Actually the insurance company has until the 13th to respond - which is SUNDAY - so chances are good that no answer will be available until Monday. That won't keep me from calling on Friday, though.

The friendly folks at Doc Fox's office did tell me that they had not heard anything about Blue Cross no longer covering bariatric procedures next year - so maybe that information was inaccurate - or maybe it just applies to the state where that particular bandster lives. Of couse, my Blue Cross coverages change after January 1 - so who knows if I will still be eligible. GRRRR.

[Whine mode on] I want my band!! I don't care if I have to have the surgery on New Year's Eve. I want my Band. [Whine mode off]

So, tonight it's back to the gym - although I am a little whipped. I had to get up early to make the doc's appointment. I had a minor set-back there. Last night, the eliptical bumped my heart rate over the top after only two minutes... I had to stick to the treadmill. I think it was so great on Sunday because I had slept for like 12 hours on Saturday night and I had not eaten for several hours when I got on the machine. Yesterday, I was working on about 6 hrs of sleep and I ate a little dinner right before we left. I will see how it goes tonight, although I don't expect much, since I am already tired.

I just wish that it were Friday so I could call to harass the insurance company, again.

:]

Hi Everyone,

Big mistake… I was stuck in an all day meeting today and ran to Starbucks during a break. Should have known better to have coffee late in the afternoon! I’m never getting to sleep tonight! Maybe I should have tried the chai tea you all are talking about. I was pretty proud of myself today since they ordered in lunch and there were trays (yes plural!) of fattening sandwiches, Cookies and brownies and I did not have any! I took half of a tuna sandwich and did not eat the bread. Damn those Cookies looked good!

Tomorrow is the 1 day a week I defined to step on the scale, which I’m dreading. I can tell this is the week I did not lose anything. But I know I’m a glutton for punishment so I will get on the scale anyway. I just hope I don’t hurt anyone when I throw the scale out my window.

Beanie – great job at the gym. As soon as my doctor gives be clearance I will have my friend drag me to the gym. Sounds like the doctor went well and I will keep my fingers crossed you hear good news from the insurance company.

Eileen – I went to Chuck E cheese with my nieces last week and they loved it! It was my oldest niece’s 3rd birthday and Chuckie came out to sing to her – boy did she go crazy! Especially since Barney had come to her birthday party the day before.

Betty – I know what you mean about presents. By the time the holidays come I will be broke! But my nieces will be spoiled!

Well I hope everyone has a good night (what’s left of it) and a good day tomorrow. Time for me to catch up on my taped shows since I will be up for awhile…

Good Morning :)

I couldn't sleep so here I am. I made some Cinnabon coffee, hopefully it will taste as good as it sounds.

Nothing much is going on today, DD has school so thats where I'll be for the morning.

I wish the movie theaters were open during the day here, I'd go in the afternoon. They are only open during the day on saturday and sundays and summer when the kids have off.

Beanie good going on the 8 lbs WHOOHOO is right. I have to ask, why did you have mixed emotions when you left the doctors office. Was it b/c of th 8 lbs you just lost? I'm glad you had a good visit with the doc. Hey, can you call the insurance company and ask for a 48 hour expided review? This will get you your answer b/4 Monday... (BTW, why do you need it b/4 monday?).

Zan GOOD GIRL !!! I'm glad you stayed away from the junk at the meeting. Where I work every stinkin day there is some sort of meeting with food or somebody bring in crap. I can only pray I will be as strong as you are.

Whats shakin with you all ?

Good Morning

Looks like rain today, I love rainy days...when I don't have to go out in them. Nothing new here, I had my ekg again so hopefully I will get a date either later today or Thurdsay..I hope.

Beanie ~How do I get the 30 day badge? Today is day 1 of no soda and no eating after 7pm. I know I have 30 days to go, maybe I will just check in with you then.

enjoy your day everyone!

Good morning everyone. Another beautiful day here in VA, although, we're suppose to get rain this afternoon.

I go for my second Red Hatters meeting today. I'll take pictures, should be a good time. This is a picture before my first meeting, ok stop laughing everyone.

redhatlbt.BMP

Pat, you look Gorgeous. I don't expect that anyone is laughing! But we definitely want the newest picture asap...

Lisa - we work on the honor system, here. You just made it public that today is Day One of your Quest. If you want a constant reminder - you can put your start date in your signature line. Once you make 30 days, we will get you hooked up.

Eileen - I had mixed emotions because Dr. Fox indicated that it was likely the insurance company would jerk me around some more.... Several Appeals and all that. That was kind of a bummer. The scale-thing was wonderful and I was pumped about that - hence the mixed emotions. So, how was the coffee?

Zan - loved your food list for the island. I guess Pierce Brosnan could replace the Beef on my list... Oh Yeah. So, what was the verdict? Did you gain or lose?

Well, last night at the gym I went straight to the evil eliptical machine and made it for 10 minutes before my heart rate got too high. Yippee. Plus, we worked up to 50 minutes of cardio last night. So far, I can't complain about the results of the small changes I have made. Of course, if I continue to lose 8 lbs every 90 days, (I only weigh at the docs office) I will be like 95 years old before I lose all the weight... but I am keeping my fingers crossed for my insurance company to be rational.

So far, things are slow here this morning. It's a cloudy humid day in Addison and I will probably spend most of the day studying for a test I have to take (and pass) before the end of the year. It's all about statistical analysis. Lovin' that.

Anyway hope everyone is having a fabulous day!

Pat your beautiful in that picture... just beautiful. Laughing NOT! Have a wonderful meeting today. BTW, what do you all do at these meetings?

Beanie good work at the gym, you keep it up girl. As far as the insurance company goes, you got my prayers that everything goes well. I remember that feeling of dissapointment when I left my dr's office too. When he said "you might just skim by" I felt my heart sink.

Lisa, hope you get your date ASAP !!!! Its so nerve racking.

I'm gonna go clean the computer room, its driving me NUTS !!

TTYL :)

Pat, you are a very beautiful woman! And I love the red hat/purple dress crew! Y'all make quite a formidable gang!

Beanie, it's one more day closer to Friday. I am so impressed with your dedication to the gym. It is very inspiring!

Zan, coffee keeps me up if I drink it late in the day, too...but Starbucks is often worth it! Hope you got some sleep.< /p>

Lisa, good luck with your goal...it is so hard to give up soda, AND to quit eating at night! You can do it!

Eileeeeeeen, can you come help me with my computer room...and the rest of the house! Why is it more fun to clean at other people's homes, than it is to clean our own mess? Just wondering....

Beautiful day, tomorrow is 2nd fill (ya'll are probably sick of hearing about it, but it was a big decision for me...) Life is good.

Cindy

Cindy, good luck tomorrow. What time is your appt? and NO I don't get sick of hearing about it. I'm a knuckle head and can't remember anything so I need to be constantly reminded. I'm glad your going, its gonna give your WL a boost.

Rene, I don't know how you do it. I have tried that eliptical machine a few times, and I get to about 30 seconds before I am in pain. Statistically speaking, the odds of me getting back on any time soon are about 3% with a +/- 5% of accuracy.

All this coffee talk going on. Has anyone ever had Green Mountain coffee? They have all sorts of flavors if you like that, but thier orignial "Our Blend" is just great.

Anyone have any good tactics for dealing with all the upcoming Holiday Parties? I am just picturing this scene with all sorts of great food and drink, and I am walking around with my Water bottle and South Beach Diet bar.

Hi everyone, I just realized this was broken down to states, thanks to Ivan for informing me. I was banded on June 15, 2005 At the valley hospital by Dr. Gritsus, I just love him. So far I'm down 38 pounds. I live in Lodi, Bergen Co. and work at hackensack Univ Med Ctr. where some of you had your surgery. Its good to know there are bandsters around me...:)

Good Morning :)

I'm off to PA to go shopping....the outlets are calling meeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Ira, we have green mtn coffee at work, yes its pretty good.

I have thought about the holiday parties. Since I won't be going to to many of them b/c I have 3 weeks off of work in december, vacation I'll be at home pretty much. I have decided to enjoy them without going over board. My goal is to maintain during those weeks (thanksgiving and christmas) and not gain. If I can do that I'll be happy.

Usually I gain so this will be a challenge. I want to enjoy a bit of this and that.

Respitatorygirl, nice to meet you. I also had my surgery done at Hackensack. I really like that hospital. I also had my DD there. Congratulation on your WL. We'll have to have Jersey meet one of these days.

Okay kids, I'm out of here.....my credit card is making me itch, gotta go swipe it a few times :)

Have a dandy day :D