Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Chat

Being the audacious and forward kind of gal that I am, I (a Californian, Oregonian, Texan [Calgoniexan?]) am starting this month's chat thread in the Jersey forum. Ballsy? Maybe so. Get over it. :]

Good Morning Happy Bandsters!! How the heck is everybody? I hope there weren't any tragic chocolate overdoses last night.

Betty - Gracious!! candy for 300 wasn't enough? That's one heck of a party!

Eileenie - how is the MIL? It's really hard for me right now - because it seems like only yesterday my Parents were - well, my Parents.... authority figures, larger than life. Now, in the last few years I have started to notice that they are old people. It's a hard mental transition, I tell you. Suddenly, the people who could always be counted on in times of need have needs of their own. I guess it's only fair - but it sucks, all the same.

Anyway, I hope that your doc can help you out with the coughing. What, did it never go away?? Or is this a new cold? Oh, and if you WERE feeling restriction with Water, I would be scared for you! You aren't supposed to have any restriction with water... :]

Lisa - you are a better woman than I if you can RELAX in the middle of a 500 acre girl scout camp surrounded by 13 little girls... Yikes!! That just doesn't sound like as much fun as it probably was - at least, not to me.

Ira - Was Zach all pumped up about the Fire Dept demo? Did he have a good time at the parade? What's up with you? How were the Halloween festivities?

JaLynn - Howdy!! Hope you are feeling better. There is not much worse than being sick in a house full of sick people that need you. ((hugs))

Pat - Fun with furniture... Is it comfy? I loved buying new furniture when we moved into our new house in Texas. It was the coolest thing ever. We avoided the Leather, though. It get's so hot here for so much of the year that we decided nice cloth upholstery was the way for us. I hope you enjoy it! Hope your mouth is all healed up and you are feeling energetic.

Cindy - Those little girls grow up sooooo fast. My Granddaughter just turned 11 and it seems like only a minute ago she was a todler.

Well - I have to get back to that thing we lovingly call "work". A little slow today, now that the month-end blitz is over, so I will have time to call and harass the insurance company. Yes, they have 30 days from October 12th to respond to my appeal. I have scheduled my first appt. with the doc for the 8th - ahead of the curve. I just need to get it all together so that I can have my surgery before T-Day. That is my goal... Of course, if the *&^(& don't approve me, I will be back to square one - but I am thinking good thoughts.

Everybody have a great day!!

I guess it could be considered odd that two Texas gals are the first to post on the New Jersey thread, but hey, we're all family, right?

Beanie, good luck and keep after those insurance people! You are amazing with sticking to the fight!

Eileen, how is your MIL? Like Beanie said, it is a difficult realization, or at least it was for me, that my parents are "elderly"...and even harder to accept death. So, I pray that your MIL is doing okay, and if not, that you and DH are able to handle whatever comes.

I did not actually overdose on candy, but I had some of it...it is soooo true that when you eat sugar, it wants more sugar! Yet, I take the risk every time! What a goofball!

Hope everyone's doing well, it's time to get back to stampin' out ignorance!

Cindy

Make that three Texas gals! :):D:D

I was busy much of the day, I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon. He said I was doing great! I lost 9 pounds this six weeks, which puts me down 88 pounds! I haven't lost that much in a long time!

Where's Eileen today? Hope you are doing ok!

Yes, we had tons of kids last night. They seem to bring them in by the truck loads here! Lots of houses, so it is just the idea place for everyone to come I guess. There sure were a lot of cute kids/costumes this year.

Well, DH is getting hungry, and I still have to cook some supper so I'll catch you all later.

Hey Girls, gee I forgot it was November and I posted this morning on octobers.

I think y'all have a little jersey deep down inside :)

Beanie, thanks for starting up November, who knows how long it would have taken me to realize we weren't in october anymore ROFL. KEEP at the insurance hineys, they'll give in to you b/c they know how determined you are.

BETTY !!!!!!!!! 9 WHOPPIN pounds THATS AMAZING. Congratulations.

Cindy sugar is evil.... the more you eat the more you want. DROOL !!! lol

Maggie... Welcome

My MIL had surgery last night, I just got off the phone with her and couldn't understand a single word she said. One the connection was crapy and two, I'm hard of hearing... what? So I'll wait until DH comes home to tell me what she was saying since he was / is there. She had a lower bypass, from the hip to the knee.

Today I went to the doc for antibiotics to get rid of this cold that I've had for what 5 weeks now, so I'm on antibiotics round 2. DH is the same way, round 2 for him and dd is just finishing round 1.

Then I did some laundry, took down the halloween decorations outside and put up some fall / thanksgiving stuff. Played with DD outside, made delicious chicken in the crock pot... NO I didn't eat it but I did taste the sauce :D It was a new recipie, dry italian dressing w/ 1/3 cup of Water and some boneless ckn breast. Let that cook in the crock pot for 3 hrs on low and then I added a can of ckn gravy, sour cream and a few pats of butter to the ckn and let it cook a few more hours on low. At the end I chopped up the ckn and added some mushrooms and carrots (canned). I also made some rice along with it. DANG !!!!!!!!!

I snuck some sugar free hot chocolate tonight... what?

So, whats shakin with the rest of you lovies tonight?

Hey Girls, gee...

Am I the only guy in NJ on LBT?

Come on men, I know you must be out there! Post a message and let everyone know the guys are here in force and we are going to talk about important lap-band topics like, what tools are important to buy at Lowes & Home Depot after you get the band.

EVERYONE has a little Jersey in them smile.gif !

Eileen - October / November - blame it on the drugs! You seem to be recovering really well. I dream every night of sleeping on my side, I still can't and I hate sleeping on by back! Hope everything goes well with your MIL.

I don't know how all of you cook every night for your families. That's one good thing about being single (one of the few good things!) - I don't have to deal with cooking dinner and not eating being able to eat it!

Hallowween candy consumed: None!!! (can't remember when that ever happened before) - helps that I do not get any trick or treaters in my building!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Where is everyone?????

Looks like Beanie and I are going to meet each other this weekend in Irving! yeah!

Beautiful day, sunny, a little warm for my idea of November, but I'll take it!

Nothing big going on...struggling a little with ANOTHER plateau, and my own bad habits that caused it...or IS causing it. I am thinking more seriously about getting my 2nd fill...and I am reluctant, still, for the same reason as before. I don't actually want to choke on food! Anyone have any reassurance/advise for me on this subject?

I think everything will be okay, and the weight will come off, but I'm probably not supposed to try to "schedule" it...what do ya think?

How are our NJ friends?

Thanks again for letting a Texas girl hang out here!

Cindy

HOWDY !!!

Sorry I'm not posting in the mornings, I am taking DD to school and hanging w/my mom until she gets out. It doesn't make sense for me to go home and then all the way back a few hours later.

Ira, ya gotta round up those men Yeeehaaaw. They're probably not posting b/c they ARE shopping at home depot LOL.

Zan, I forced myself to try to sleep on my side. I dunno, maybe its just the way my flubber flows. Its tender but getting better and every night it gets easier. Try proping some pillows under your belly or only laying partially on your side with some blankets to prop your back up. I don't know how I cook for these knuckleheads either...the smell of the food is driving me bonkers. How are you doing?

Cindy, gee, I don't know what to tell you about the fill, thats really a personal choice. Is it that you can eat to much thats causing the stall or are you choosing the wrong foods? Why do you think you'll choke on foods ?

Well I went shopping today, got some new jammies and 2 pairs of mens sweat pants. I can't buy my pants in the womens dept b/c they are to short.

Watcha all doing today ?

Hi Y'all!

Cindy I just got back from Irving a little while ago! I had to go do some billing.

I am looking forward to meeting you and Beanie Saturday!

I was gone all morning, so I had work waiting for me when I got home, but first I had to get a walk in. I am forcing myself to do some things around here, it is too pretty to be inside. Maybe that is where everyone else is too! :mad: :mad: :(

Nothing new around here today, guess I best get busy! UGH!

Well hello, I too am from NJ I have posted a few times on the NJ site. I am from Morris county and was banded in July. I am down 35, wish it was more. Is anyone here from my area?

Eileen, I guess "choke" is the wrong word, and what I meant is the dreaded PB. I don't want to be so tight that I have difficulty swallowing food, especially "good" Protein like meat and chicken, etc. I read so much about people foaming and sliming, and I guess what I'm thinking is I don't want to do that. I can eat about a cup and a half of food in a sitting...which is nothing compared to before. Also, I am feeling hungry, and the band is meant to eliminate that, but it has to be filled right, and I know mine isn't, but then I go back to not wanting to PB, and I keep going in circles. I'll come to a decision eventually.

I still welcome any feedack anyone cares to offer!

That is so cool, so Beanie, Betty and Cindy are meeting this saturday... ohhhh that is awesome !! I wish I could be there :mad:

Cindy, IMHO now..... If I were in your shoes, which I'm sure I will be soon, I would take a chance on another fill. I mean the reason we got the band was to lose the weight and if your not losing then I would say go for it. Just tell the doc to put a little bit in. I don't know how much you normally get but if you wanna go easy just tell the doc to cut it in 1/2. I understand about the PBing...that IS very scary and ICK.

Seppi, whazzzzzzzup? I'm in bergen cty. There are a few people who surf the boards that are from NJ and in your area. I belive Alexandra is one of them. 35 lbs is pretty darn good, but I understand where your coming from. I keep telling myself I would like to lose 10 lbs a month. To me thats a safe goal. I don't want to rush it b/c to me and IMHO slow is good as long as its steady :mad:

So this is day 10 of starvation uuuuuuuuuh !!

GOT food? ROFL

Seppi - I live in NYC now but am originally from Essex County. I have family in Brick & Rumson, friends in Passiac and my company has a facility in Parsippany so I'm always visiting all over.

Eileen - I feel pretty good. I still have discomfort around the port area, sometimes if I move the wrong way I swear I'm tearing something. But my doctor said that's normal and it's my body healing and warning me not to move that way (no kidding).

Totally off topic... I left my office today to grab lunch and guess who I saw walking next me on the street? Carnie Wilson.... she looked amazing. It's true what they say that TV adds pounds because I was suprised to see how petite and thin she really is (can't be over 5 feet). I know she had gastric bypass and not the band but it was great for me to see the person that made me originally think about having WLS. Perfect timing too since I was about to get lunch, great motivator to have a good lunch vs. a bad lunch smile.gif!

Hope everyone is doing well...

Zan, way cool to see Carnie in person! I guess you might see lots of well-known people in NYC!

Eileen, I'll take pictures if it's okay with everyone, and I can get the camera away from DH who uses the same camera to take pictures of stuff for Ebay!

RE: my fill dilemma...well, the 1st (and only) fill I got was .5cc, and it has been fine until just recently. Eileen, you make a good point, and maybe I am just hanging on to my ability to eat. I also wonder about being able to take medicine, but I know that's probably another excuse. Keep talking...I'll get myself ready for fill #2!

Zan, we were banded the same month, and we have lost around the same amount...I guess it is also important to remember that slow and steady is plenty good enough. It is better than the slow and steady gaining I was doing!

Goodnight, Cindy