Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2010 Bandsters?

Hi all,

I don't have an exact date, yet, but I know August if the big month! Is there anyone else here scheduled for August? I'd love to share experiences!

I'm hoping for an August surgery. I will complete my 6 month medically supervised diet in July, and by the grace of God, I will get an August date. What are you? Are you currently trying to complete the 6 month diet. It's been terrible for me, I wish I could have the surgery tomorrow.

I'm on the six month diet, as well. It's horrible. I've done low carb and no carb diets in the past, but for some reason, this one is just so difficult for me to maintain!

I don't have an exact date, yet, but I'm hoping for around the first week of August. I teach, and that will be the end of my summer vacation. I'm hoping to have the last two weeks before school starts to recover.

What are finding to be the hardest part of the diet? For me - it's no sweets or snack foods. I know I need to kill those cravings before surgery, but I'm finding it a real struggle!

I hope to have an august date as well. I have done horribly so far on the 6 month diet... I think I have this idea in my head that I need to enjoy myself before the I get banded, but I would love to get a jump on the weight loss and start developing better habits before being banded. Its rough though. Good Luck to everyone!

Hello ladies, Kimclow, I am also a teacher and am hoping for a summer date, so that I have time to recover without having to take off time from work. The biggest challege is that, this diet is a mental struggle, because someone is telling me to eat healthy and exerice, I simply can't do it. I think that I am so interested in the band, I don't even think about the dieting and exercise that goes along with it. The biggest challenge, is simply starting the diet and exercise regime. I know that I need to incorporate both in order to be successful. I know, I know, I know, but I simply haven't done it, YET. I will though soon, I have faith. My doctor is Dr. Daniel Scott, he is going to do the single incision surgery, which I'm also excited about. I'm ready to get this weight off, I'm tired of always being tired and out of breath, heartburn all those things. I can't wait.

Hello, I hope to have my surgery in August as well. It seems so far away. I am in my second month of my six month "approval period" I lost 7 pounds the first month. I am so thankful that my insurance covers this procedure, but I just want to tell somebody that if I were a drunk or a drug addict, I doubt very seriously that the insurance would make me stay sober for six months before they check into rehab. I'm fat, I'm gonna stay fat. I don't abuse or take advantage of my health insurance and I would just like to have this surgery with out all the hoop jumping. I know you need to lose some weight before the surgery, but I thought that was what the 14 day pre op diet was for. Anyway, that's my rant for the day. I'm usually not this bitter lol. Good luck to all of you. I'm glad I found some folks on the same time line as me. :sad:

I hope to have an August date, too. I started my 6 month "I can change" program through Tufts Health plan last month. Not really a diet- just learning lifestyle changes....I have my first appointment today with my surgeon. We'll see what happens!!!!

Month 2, lost 7 lbs, not really that much was hoping it be like 15. How's everyone else? This waiting sucks, big time. Want the surgery NOW. Had a baby about 16 months ago. All the women who had babies around the same time have ALL lost the weight except me. This weight has attacked my self-esteem big time. I know I'll lose the weight. But I'm just not as confident as I once was. I have faith that all will be restored. Anxiously waiting and hopeful. Good luck everyone

I am hoping for an August date also. I too am having a terrible time with the 6 month diet. Thinking about trying a Protein replacement for Breakfast and lunch and a sensible dinner. I put on 70 pounds last year due to an ankle injury. That weight is on top of all the other weight I needed to lose. The only thing other than weight that I haven't lost is my mind but it appears to be on it's way out..........

Edited by mrsbure

I am struggling as well. I lost 7 pounds the first month and NOTHING the second. I didn't gain, but I didn't lose. I hope my insurance wont hold it against me for not losing. Hopefully I will have a loss the next time I go. Good luck too all of you. I know how hard it is.:thumbup:

Yes, MRSBURE I am currently doing the 6 month medically supervised diet. I started in February, hoping for a August surgery. I have completed two visits with nurse. Don't lose your mind, it's hard to get it back. I pray you stay encouraged. Just think in a few months we will all be celebrating together.

JENJOHN38 I spoke to the financial coordinator at my doctors office and she said (BCBS TX, which is what I have) doesn't require you to lose a set amount of weight. The nurse told me something that encouraged me, she said I am ideal candidate for the surgery because I do have the ability to lose the weight, I just can't keep it off, so at least you have the first part down. Good luck to you as well.

Oh thanks. That makes me feel better.

Well I'm not quiet sure when the surgery would be, but I do know it's looking like maybe July/August my insurance requires a 3 months charted diet program before even considering approval. I am in month 1 month 3 will be June then request for approval cross my fingers it goes smoothly. Everyone I have seen or talked to that has the same insurance "Aetna" has said theirs was approved with the first letter. I am hoping for the same we are aiming for July to be a the surgery month, but it could be August. Best of Luck to all on the journey to a happier healthier you..:scared2:

My surgery is scheduled for 8/9/10. I feel like something is wrong though. I went for my first and only appt and they scheduled the date at the end. They set me up for all my pre work right then and there. At first I assumed that I was approved for everything but as I read more I feel like it can't be that easy.

My surgery is scheduled for 8/9/10. I feel like something is wrong though. I went for my first and only appt and they scheduled the date at the end. They set me up for all my pre work right then and there. At first I assumed that I was approved for everything but as I read more I feel like it can't be that easy.

Are you self pay or will you be going through insurance? If you are self pay then I suppose it could be that easy, but insurance no way. There are diets and things you have to complete before insurance will even consider approving the surgery. Like I said before with my insurance it takes 3 months of charted dieting and exercise along with a dietician and a pysh evaluation before they send in for approval through the insurance. With out these things being completed I will not get approved. I would contact the office again and start asking more questions. Did they set you up with a case worker? The office I am going through assigned me a case worker the day I went in for my consult. She is the one that is helping me along the way with appoinments and insurance. Best of Luck to you!:cursing: