Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you believe in a god or gods?

Is there a god  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is there a god

• You bet!
    • Yes, but I don't asssociate with an organized religion
    • There may be, I don't care
    • Nope, nada, no way!

This a simple poll. I am not trying to start any kind of philosophical debate here.

There is no need to qualify you answer with a comment. I don't expect anyone to be converted here.

I have tried to keep this short and inoffensive. If you are offended, get therapy immediately.

I'm curious. Do you believe in a god or gods? Any feelings of spirituality at all? Think organized religion fills a need in society? Think it does more harm than good?

Inquiring minds want to know. Not trying to start any philosophical discussion nor nothin...

Throughout history there have been many gods, but they are all dead reproductions made out of cement or other materials . . . BUT I serve a living God, the Creator of all, one that come to earth and became a man, Jesus. Died for our sins return to Heaven and sits on the right hand of God. God is real and He lives within my heart. God is the best 3 in one- God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I would not want to live one day in this world without Him. If you do not know Him you do not know what you are missing.

I serve a living God, the Creator of all, one that come to earth and became a man, Jesus. Died for our sins return to Heaven and sits on the right hand of God. God is real and He lives within my heart. God is the best 3 in one- God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I would not want to live one day in this world without Him. If you do not know Him you do not know what you are missing.

Amen!!!!! :biggrin:

Can already tell this is going to turn into an argument, people believe in god or don't believe in god for there own reasons why should they have to voice what that opinion is and get b*tched at for it? Which is whats going to happen

Can already tell this is going to turn into an argument, people believe in god or don't believe in god for there own reasons why should they have to voice what that opinion is and get b*tched at for it? Which is whats going to happen

Look at the forum that it is posted in. If there is going to be a debate (an argument) about it, this is the place for it.

30 people have voted so far and only 2 have posted an opinion. As I said, nobody was required to justify anything. I wasn't looking for debate, I am just curious how far we have come.

And so far so good. I really was only being facetious in my last post because I've been following, but not participating in, an Amazon discussion thread titled "Do you believe that the Bible is the word of God?" for a couple of years now. And I've been following it for this long because no matter how many times I try, I am unable to unsubscribe.

Anyway, it has been a very lively and interesting discussion.

I don' believe the God that I believe in wants people to try force other people to changes their minds about what they themselves believe.

But He does tell us to go out and tell the Good news of what we know or believe then it is up to God to do His work and you either respond or your don't. So simple.

And so far so good. I really was only being facetious in my last post because I've been following, but not participating in, an Amazon discussion thread titled "Do you believe that the Bible is the word of God?" for a couple of years now. And I've been following it for this long because no matter how many times I try, I am unable to unsubscribe.

Anyway, it has been a very lively and interesting discussion.

It's always the ones that last the longest you know will be worth the read. :frown:

On to another topic, this is the Rants & Raves section and any debate is perfectly acceptable. Rant away! Just be respectful - but most of you in this section have always been able to maintain tact. I will say no more. :(

I was under the impression you knew the Bible from cover to cover. Ahem.

You said it, not me. Can you back that up with a bible reference?

"He also tells us that we shouldn't speak about our beliefs loudly to others."