Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Abdominal Support for exercising (ladies)

I have been doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred for a couple of days now and find difficulty in doing the jumping jacks because of it being uncomfortable with my stomach bouncing up and down. Usually I do a few then hold my abdomen with my hands and keep doing the foot work of a jumping jack and I feel like I'm not getting the full benefit of the workout. I went to the doctor yesterday for my check up and fill and asked about suggestions of what I could buy to help me out. They suggested wearing a full body briefer when I work out to help out, so last night I went to the mall with my husband to look for a tool box at Sears and decided to check out the lingerie department and see if they had anything that would work for me. I found one called Diet Trim Bodybriefer it goes by bra size, tried it on when I got home and did a few jumping jacks and it seemed to help out greatly. I will wear it today while doing the "Shred" and see if it does well with the true test.

Just wanted to put that out there for any other ladies in the same predicament as me :thumbup:

Oh and it was only $17.99, which to me is a steal compared to others I have seen so I bought 2.

Edited by Blue_Eyes
wanted to include price

I bought a support belt at Walmart for under $10. It worked so well I went back and bought another. It's about 10" wide and closes with velcro. It is also designed to help you sweat in the area you wear it to target weight loss.

I use a neoprene belt it holds my belly in place and my port doesnt get sore like it normally does when im not wearing it.

So sears carried the plus size in stock?

Thank you so much for the info...Just tonight started the Biggest Loser 30 Day Jumpstart workout and couldn't believe that I couldn't do a jumpin jack cause of my belly!! So I came here looking for any advice!! So Thanks...

I also saw on another website wear a lady wore a one piece swimsuit that worked for her!

Blue Eyes...I just realized we're practically neighbors and have close to the same stats. I started at 341, am 5'8, and fixing to turn 30...maybe when we can keep in touch on here and when we get in shape we can do a walk or run together... :-)

Hey Mississippigirl!!! The diet trim thing I bought goes by bra size and I thought yeah right it's not going to fit me, but it did and it supports great doing jumping jacks I put on my 2 sports bras and then put that on over it cause the bra part really doesn't do anything for the "ladies"....lol. That would be great to keep in touch and hopefully end up meeting up for a run/walk.. I am really wanting to build up my stamina for the Breast Cancer walk in October this year. Keep in touch and let me know how you are doing :biggrin:

That would be awesome to do a walk with you in October...especially Breast Cancer..both my mother and grandmother had breast cancer.

I live in Brookhaven, MS which is about 2 hours for N.O.

Over on the PostOp board i'm doing the Easter Challenge...You ought to Join us...

Let's do keep in touch. I think having a friend and someone who knows what you are going through are so important. Maybe we can check on each other once a week or so for some motivation!

I looked online last night at sears.com the diet trim was on sale for 14.99 until Jan 23rd and it is available in long torso...there was also a promotion going on buy one get second half off..but won't know if this is legit until I purchase it...

Thanks Again :-)

It definately helps to have someone to talk to that is in the same boat as you, I will keep in touch as much as possible and definately look forward to doing the walk with you. Does your nutritionist have you on any certain eating plans? Mine likes to see us do a diet with no breads, Pasta, rice, etc. for the first year, just to fill up on good protien, veggies and fruits for the most part.

Thanks for the heads up, I am going to go on Sears.com and order maybe 2 more in a smaller size for when these are too big, definately worth it if they are buy one get one half off. I absolutely love the way they hold me tight while exercising.