Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Age specific support group NOT specific anymore

Do anyone notice that in age specific groups that no one is the right age example

I was reading something in the 20's (age) support group and i see 50 yr olds posting and replying in this forum i think that is kinda annoying sometimes. I will like to read about someone in my age group and how they are liking that LAP-BAND® I cant compare my body with an 50 yr old

its kinda annoying

:scared2:this is just my rant. anyone notice besides me?????

NOPE ! Didn't noticed.

I hate blunt people :thumbup:
Hun, That's ok your choice. Like it's my choice to not like someone that would use foul statements when refering to a women's cycle. It's a free country(for now anyway) I was just saying I beleave in honesty and would rather someone be honest with me then just tell me something they think I want to hear because it's politicly correct to kiss ass.

Hun, That's ok your choice. Like it's my choice to not like someone that would use foul statements when refering to a women's cycle. It's a free country(for now anyway) I was just saying I beleave in honesty and would rather someone be honest with me then just tell me something they think I want to hear because it's politicly correct to kiss ass.

I was being facetious. I am pretty blunt if you hadn't noticed.

Aunt Flo would have noticed :thumbup:

I hate blunt people :thumbup:

Ah yes, the 'ol Pot/Kettle humor. I had a good chuckle as soon as you posted it ! :w00t:

I was being facetious. I am pretty blunt if you hadn't noticed.

Aunt Flo would have noticed :thumbup:

Sorry I didn't get it. I didn't take you as a blunt person, Because blunt people just say what they think. You don't seem to do that you just hide behind metaphors and I must add that you have the tact of a caveman. Do ya think Aunt Flo understood that?

Well then that's good :thumbup:

NOPE ! Didn't noticed.

Does anyone have any humor?????

I found that COTTON PONY to be quite funny I never heard of it in that term before. Lol cotton pony.... so silly

... riding the cotton pony. :thumbup:

That is a disgusting remark.

Lol what you find disgusting I find funny

That is a disgusting remark.
Nice to see I wasn't the only one that thought so.

My mother-in-law is 82, does not know how to write out a check, has never had a job, basically just lives day to day and has been well tended to by my father-in-law for 62 years.

So, I would have to say, yes, back at 29 years old I have had more life experiences that she.

My mother-in-law is 82, does not know how to write out a check, has never had a job, basically just lives day to day and has been well tended to by my father-in-law for 62 years.

So, I would have to say, yes, back at 29 years old I have had more life experiences that she.

How many children did she raise to adulthood as compared to how many you raised to adulthood by 29?

Also, she probably didn't have the modern appliances that you took for granted at 29 like a microwave oven, steam dryer, electric refrigerator, etc...

She's also been through menopause. I doubt you went through that by 29.

29 is barely the beginning of life. If you think you've seen and lived it all, you are in for a rude awakening.

Do anyone notice that in age specific groups that no one is the right age example

I was reading something in the 20's (age) support group and i see 50 yr olds posting and replying in this forum i think that is kinda annoying sometimes. I will like to read about someone in my age group and how they are liking that LAP-BAND® I cant compare my body with an 50 yr old

its kinda annoying

:scared2:this is just my rant. anyone notice besides me?????

Anywho, back to this sweet young girl's original post.

Not that we got off track or anything ! LOL !

I'm sorry that I sometimes post in the wrong places.

I try not to, but sometimes my malnourished and aged brain gets a little fuzzy.

Please don't be upset with me if I post in the wrong thread. Please don't be anoyed with me for very long.

I do understand your point about being in your 20s and wanting to talk with others in your age group, but remember a 50 year old woman has a great deal of experience with the female body ..... she was in her 20s at one time and many may also have daughters in their 20s. Also, a female body is always a female body unless you have some very big operations to change that.

I do understand your point about being in your 20s and wanting to talk with others in your age group, but remember a 50 year old woman has a great deal of experience with the female body ..... she was in her 20s at one time and many may also have daughters in their 20s. Also, a female body is always a female body unless you have some very big operations to change that.

HB,

Your bodies may be similar and you may have experienced some things that the OP is experiencing now but I "think" she may be looking for those that still have those experiences fresh in their mind as opposed to fuzzy memories. :w00t:

LOL, I remember those good ol days in my 20s like they were yesterday! Wooo Hooo what a time I had!

But.... I do understand her point