Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BarbBee's LBL Jan 18th

Hi All,

I posted back in the fall and was scheduled for a lower body lift. It was cancelled because of low hemoglobin. It has been re-scheduled to Jan 18th. I have had a lot of trouble with my hemoglobin and so far have received 10 IV Iron infusions, 2- B12 shots and now for this last week before surgery they will do 3 IV infusions, 2 EPO shots and another B12 shot. I wont know definetley if it's a go till Friday the 15th and surgery is on Monday the 18th. What an emotional roller coaster it has been. I feel great and have never been healthier....but for some reason my hemoglobin goes up and then sinks. I have had all kinds of fun tests and so far everything checks out well. I so much want this surgery. I have lost 156 pounds (gained a few over Christmas) and have lots of extra skin. The anesthisiologist wants my hemoglobin at minimum of 120...he now said he will accept 110 or better...anything below that and it will be postponed again. It was 112 on Jan 4th right before my period so I am hoping with the extra infusions and shots that will push it up to a healthy 120. I hope to be able to share the experience with everyone so please think positive thoughts for me. Hopefully will chat to you soon!

Barb

BarbBee, you have lost an amazing amount of weight!!!! Congratulations!!! I hope you get you blood levels to stay up so you can have your surgery. I will be watching for your posts.

Good luck,

Mimi

Barbee:

Sending positive thoughts and best wishes you way for the surgery on the 18th.

I look forward to reading your posts.

Sue

Thanks Mimi and Sue. I am so excited...I really feel like it will be ok this time...mostly because I need to be positive and if I get cancelled again I think I will be very depressed. I have thought about this for months and months.

As the doc said 110 or better and I was 112 at my last test I think I will be ok. My stupid period came last week and ended today..... it probably dropped the level a bit but i have 5 days, 3 IV infusions, and 2 more EPO shots before my next blood test.

I rented 2 wedge cushions and a raised toilet seat yesterday from a local medical supply company. It was very reasonable $15 for all three for up to 3 months. I have bought all my supplies... prescription filled, hydrogen peroxide for cleaning belly button, polysporin, stool softners, surgical scrub soap etc. My doc supplies the binder. I will do major house clean next weekend. Getting things organized at work to be off for a month.

Today I am doing an 8 k. I haven't done much since Christmas so I am sure i will be a hurting unit but need to get moving again. Next week will be busy with work, hospital IV trips (an hour commute to get there) and a couple of boot camp sessions. I am so excited! I hope next week goes fast!

Thanks again for the positive thoughts. I really appreciate it!! I will keep you posted.

Barb

Hi Barbee,

I remember following your earlier thread. I'm happy you have another date set. Sending postive thoughts your way. You are well prepared. I hope all goes well for you and your hemoglobin is where it needs to be.

It's going ahead!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had my final Iron infusion and Eprex shot today. They took my hemoglobin while i had my iron infusion done and had the results and hour and a half later. The anesthetist called and everything looks good. My hemoglobin is 121 and the Eprex shots will stimulate my red blood cells over the next 6 weeks to kick up production. I am so excited and relieved!!

I go in for surgery at 7:15, surgery start is 8 AM. It is suppose to take 5 hours. I will spend the night and they send you home around 2 in the afternoon. I will be staying at my Mom's for the first 5 days as she is close to all my doctors and the nurse comes to see you every evening for the first 3 nights. (My home is an hour away) After that i will go home and my sweet hubby will take care of me. I will try and post from Mom's computer as soon as I can. Hopefully by Wednesday. I will bring my camera and get some photo's too but won't be able to load them till I get home. So, So happy and ready for this!!! Time to say farewell to the 302 pound body of skin and fit into the 147 pound body I have now. I would like to get down to 130 -135 but am not in a big rush right now will just focus on recovery. Will post again Sunday. Take care everyone and thanks for the kind thoughts.

Barb

WOHOO BarbBee, your weight loss has been amazing and now you are going to have the new body to match the new you.

Wishing you all the best on your surgery Monday, sending you well healing thoughts!!!!

WOOO Hoo!! :( So excited! Bag is packed. House is clean. Work is organized (as best as possible) I am ready!! I have been thinking about this since last April when I had my first consult. It's almost here!!! Surgery tomorrow at 8 AM. I have attached some before pics taken in September. I have lost about 10 pounds since then but the excess looks the same. I can't believe it's almost here after all the problems with my hemoglobin it's finally going to happen!! I will post as soon as I can. Thanks for all the kind thoughts! Chat with you soon

Barb

post-220803-13813139070166_thumb.jpg

post-220803-13813139070496_thumb.jpg

post-220803-1381313907081_thumb.jpg

post-220803-13813139071096_thumb.jpg

post-220803-13813139071402_thumb.jpg

BarbBee:

I'm sure you're already at the hospital. I hope all went smoothly. Remember, you must take it easy!

I look forward to reading your post-op posts.

Take care.

Sue

I followed your posts when your surgery was originally scheduled and just found this. I am sending healing prayers you way and waiting for an update when you feel up to it.