Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mii and my Wii!

Just looking for some advice from fellow bandsters. I was banded on December the 4th. I have a gym membership which runs out early Feb. I am currently looking into another gym to go to because the staff are really horrible where I currently go. They are belittling bullies and don't seem to understand that the tactics they play don't work with all members. I have tried going back twice in the past year (which I stayed a couple of months the other times), tried again today and couldn't bring myself to enter. I know some people will see this as weak, but I just can't, OK? :lol:

For Christmas I purchased the Wii Fit Plus and am planning to use this daily 6 out of 7 days a week along with walking a couple of days a week (probably 4 out of 7). I was just wondering if any bandsters have successfully used the Wii to help them lose weight? :smile2:

I like my Wii Fit, but if you can get the EA Active for the Wii I feel like I am working harder (and also break a sweat).

I don't have a Wii but am considering it. I don't go to the gym for just that reason. I have a treadmill at home and use it on an incline and I developed my own exercise routine after I get off of the treadmill. I walk 3 1/2 miles a day and then do light weight training along with the ball for abdomen strentgh. It works just as well as going to the gym and I don't have to put up with the hassle. Only deal is, you have to have the will power to do it every day.

I also got a wii fit for Christmas, I also got the Biggest Loser game for the wii, and it is pretty intense. I am going to use the wii fit and biggest loser instead of getting a gym membership. I have used it for a week and have lost 4 lbs and i have not used it religiously, this week I go back to work and the kids go back to school so i am going to start getting up an hr earlier and doing a work out on the wii.Later i might get the new program Jenny McCarthy has out for the wii it looks neat and it helps with your form as u exercise, For now i just want to get some weight off and get trimmed down. Good luck.

Hi I got a wii for myself for Christmas and got the Jenny McCarthy program. Have to say it is cool! You set the camera up and see yourself workout. It prompts you when you are not doing the excersize correctly and you do get your heart rate up. There are over 450 different exercises and you can decide what part of your body you want to target each day. I think it was a great investment and cheaper then a one year membership to the gym.

Good Luck!!!

The ladies are great at Curves. It isnt as hard a workout as my guy puts me though, but it does get me moving.

I got my Wii fit a week before christmas and have lost 10 pounds so far. I love it. So does my son.

I use wii fit to add variety. I also walk outside, do the gym and also videos. I get bored easily so I change up my workouts regularly. I mostly use the step and boxing. I also make the wii fit step more challenging by placing on top of a regular aerobic step I already owned. I really love working out with the kids using wii fit, they really like it.

I got a Wii for christmas too. It's lots of fun. I like the hula hoop and the step. I have a bad back and I can do that with no problems. I also walk on treadmill. I find that with the Wii, i am getting a good workout with having fun at the same time. I love to challenge my son.

Ive had the Wii for almost a year now. But actually just started using this past fall. I first bought Gold's Gym cardo and started the boxing. Love that, but it got boring fast. I then started using the Wii Fit here and there maybe 3X a week presurgery. I was banded 11/12/09. At Christmas I got the EA Sports...I absolutely love this workout! I have done the pres-set workouts, and made several of my own workouts. My workout schedule currently is 5-6X a week I do 30 minutes(6-5minute sessions) of advance step on Wii fit and a 25 minute workout on EA Sports. I also have a treadmill at home and have not used it since being banded just because what I am doing is working. I have seen a HUGE difference with incorporating this in my lifestyle change. I highly recommend the EA Sports, there is a ton of things you can mix and match on the program...even dancing!:blush:

Wii fit plus is lot of fun, but I burn more calories faster with Active. So now I use Wii Fit to warm up and work on balance then do one of the pre-programmed workouts on Active.

I love the EA Sports Active. It gives a great workout. I haven't gotten into the Active More Workouts thoroughly yet. I look forward to making that a staple as well in my exercise routine.

I have a Wii Fit. And I find it a great suppliment in addition to going to the gym. But it has no weight training which is also an important part of getting in shape. And I get a better overall workout at the gym (The one I belong to has an olympic length pool and I swim a lot.)

I try to get to the gym 3X a week although some weeks I can only get there twice. So the Wii Fit fills in the other days with a little bit of exercise. It sould be one element of an overall program.

weight.png

I think I will get myself a wii fit as well, seems like the logical thing to do. Gym memberships are so expensive.

My kids which are older 23,24, 26 got my wife and I a Wii sports and Wii fit plus for Christmas I have not used it yet. I must be to lazy or I not really in to games. But maybe in the next few weeks I look into it. :smile2: