Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel like a huge disaster I let down myself and im disgusted.

Yay! We've got three people for our Mile Match. Come on, Banders, surely there are more of us who could use a one mile walk each day, yes? Adopt a military spouse and walk with him/her every day -- a lovely way to say thank you ... and to get ourselves moving, to boot!

Ok i hate the taste of Protein powder it's so gross. But from what i've heard you have to have Protein to burn fat and calories. So anyone know of a brand of Protein Powder that isn't gross or better yet how do i use it to help me!

I just ordered powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury from their dot com on the recommendation of another bander. You can order sample sizes for a buck seventy five. I like that it supposedly has a very smooth consistency -- I'm all about texture. I'll let you know how it works out -- I'm really eager for it to come in!

I'm in on that walking challenge too. I need to get myself a pedometer. Can't really walk outside with the weather the way it is here in MT.

I thought the only way to get enough Protein was to drink those horrible shakes too, but I found it really isn't that hard while eating/drinking regular food. sugar free carnation instant Breakfast when mixed with 1 cup of 1% milk has 14g of protein, 1/2c. cottage cheese has 14g, special K protein snakc bars have 5g, special K protein Water has 5g, 1 large egg has about 6g, 1 oz. of chicken has about 7g. of protein.

You get the idea. There is protein in lots of foods.

Yay! And now we're four!

tuna also has a lot of Protein, and I made a potentially dangerous discovery last night: Kentucky Friend chicken has a new grilled chicken menu. One breast is only 184 calories and 4 grams of fat (probably less if you discard the skin) -- but a whopping 35 grams of Protein. A nice alternative on those occasions when a drive thru is the only meal option. The key is getting out of there without a side order of original recipe, mac and cheese and those lovely little pies, lol.

For Protein shakes -I like the design whey products - it's the same products they use for the biggest loser, in fact in most stores you'll see it labeled two ways one with a plain label, and one with the biggest loser label. The biggest loser is usually a dollar or two more.

They don't have a lot of flavors, pretty much just chocolate or vanilla but I've found I can do lots with it, make pudding, hot chocolate, endless amounts of smoothies, etc..

The mainstay of my diet is designer whey Protein powder, fage brand greek yogurt (20 gram of protein in every serving) scrambled eggs and chicken cooked various ways.

The fage brand greek yogurt is also a good sub for sour cream, also mixes well with SF Jello, etc... I made some tuna with it the other day, ehhh not so much, definitely took some getting used to.

But something simple like grilled chicken with tzatziki sauce (greek yogurt sauce) served over baby spinach is a great high protein and low calorie meal.

The fage brand greek yogurt is also a good sub for sour cream, also mixes well with SF Jello, etc... I made some tuna with it the other day, ehhh not so much, definitely took some getting used to.

I just tried a recipe for tuna salad made with yogurt and dill and parsley It was fabulous. The dill really made the difference!

I've got another recipe that incorporates a bit of Tomato paste. I'm a bit leery, lo, but willing to give it a shot!

Also found a recipe for tuna patties -- made with some egg substitute, a few bread crumbs and cooked with cooking spray. Sort of like a crab cake. Big on protein! Looking forward to trying that one out, too!

I just tried a recipe for tuna salad made with yogurt and dill and parsley It was fabulous. The dill really made the difference!

I've got another recipe that incorporates a bit of Tomato paste. I'm a bit leery, lo, but willing to give it a shot!

Also found a recipe for tuna patties -- made with some egg substitute, a few bread crumbs and cooked with cooking spray. Sort of like a crab cake. Big on protein! Looking forward to trying that one out, too!

Really? I'd be interested in trying those, would you mind sharing or pm'ing?

Really? I'd be interested in trying those, would you mind sharing or pm'ing?

Of course!

Tuna salad with Dill

From Allcooks . com

I cut back on the dill by half, as it seemed like a lot! In the end, though, it didn't seem as overpowering as thought it would. The whole amount might wok just fine.

1 (6 oz) can tuna packed in Water

1/4 c. died celery

1/4 c. chopped fresh dill weed

2 T chopped fresh parsley

2 T thinly sliced green onion

2 T fat-free Mayonnaise

2 T. plain low-fat yogurt

1/2 tsp Dijon mustard

In a small bowl, mash tuna with juices from can. Add celery, dill, parsley, chives, mayonnaise, yogurt, and mustard; mix well.

TUNA salad PROVENCAL

From Epicuious . com

I thin on this one I will pass on the capers and the anchovy paste -- just not to my liking -- and substitute FF mayo or Miracle Whip. I will also use the tuna packed in Water instead of oil ... and of course, I will omit the bread!

1/2 cup mayonnaise

2 tablespoons drained bottled capers, rinsed and chopped

2 teaspoons coarse-grain mustard

2 teaspoons anchovy paste

1 teaspoon Tomato paste

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

3 tablespoons white-wine vinegar

2 (6-oz) cans light tuna in olive oil

4 ciabatta or kaiser rolls, halved horizontally

1 head Boston lettuce (1/2 lb), any coarse outer leaves discarded

2 or 3 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices

3 large hard-boiled eggs, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices

Preparation:

Whisk together mayonnaise, capers, mustard, anchovy paste, tomato paste, pepper, and 1 tablespoon vinegar in a bowl.

Drain oil from tuna into a bowl and whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar. Brush insides of all roll halves generously with mixture.

Add tuna to mayonnaise mixture and stir to combine.

Make sandwiches with lettuce, tomato, egg, and tuna mixture on a work surface. Weight sandwiches with a heavy cutting board, large plate, or platter for about 10 minutes.

I can't find the tuna patty recipe -- I'll have to dig a little deeper and will post when I find it.

Bon Appetit!

PS Sorry about missin letters. Batteries in keyboard dying Must recharge lol

Edited by zobee
wonky keyboard, lol

Thank you! I concur with the 2nd one, ick.

I use Pure Protein brand.. I get it at Target... I use the chocolate and I mix it w/8 oz of skim milk, a tbsp of reduced fat Peanut Butter and some ice and put it on the bullet... it's great and has close to 40 grams of Protein once I use the milk and peanut butter....

Ok i hate the taste of Protein powder it's so gross. But from what i've heard you have to have protein to burn fat and calories. So anyone know of a brand of protein powder that isn't gross or better yet how do i use it to help me!

Zobee,

You crack me up!.. I could use that kick in the pants email you wrote earlier.. you should become a motivational speaker.. In fact I think you should start a new thread just to motivate us ALL... nice job, I needed to read that as well. thanks for the tuna recipe, I am going to try that..be well

WHy do you feel disgusted.. Please, I had my surgery in Oct. 09 and I'm stuck at 270 from 304. It's my fault.. However, I will be joining a gym on Monday or Tuesday.. (smile) I've been on vacation for 2 weeks and I've been eating and I know it's wrong.. I'm glad only gain no more than 2 lbs.. (smile) I will be on my grin real soon. (smile)

I will walk with you guys! Thats sounds like a great way to help her get motivated and make me move too!

Deanna

@Patterba :lol: Thanks! You're so sweet!

I used to run a private, very busy online community for Christian women and it was all about encouraging. The sort of place where you could talk about real issues that you needed to talk about, but which you knew you could never discuss with your pastor's wife, LOL.

Glad to hear you found the tushie kicking helpful, ha ha! Can I assume that you'll be joining us in our walking? :smile2:

Yay! We're five walkers now! I'll start a new thread for us, and leave poor Ashley's thread alone, LOL.