Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tight band keepers.

I'm guessing he knows, since he's the one who gets all my emails when I have a flare up, he also did the fills, the unfills. And let's break apart what I can eat. I had a bowl of honey bunches of oats for Breakfast and a slice of eggplant parm for dinner. Doesnt' sound so bad. The only things I can't eat are grains like brown rice and bulky vegetables which I hate anyway and fruit. And I get the Vitamins through supplements. So, let's see, tuna salad, protein-check. smoked salmon and cream cheese-Protein, check. nachos...guacamole, avocado, Omega 3's-check, cheese, pinto Beans, protein-check, sour cream, yum- check. If I could still eat a turkey sandwich, i could still eat a slice of pizza, and i can't do either...doesn't mean i'm not eating healthy, i'm just not eating low fat high Fiber. AND, considering I have nutritional blood work done regularly and NONE of my Vitamins are deficient except for folic acid, which I am supplementing, what's the problem? Just because it's not "text book" food doesn't mean it's bad. And the reality is there are days the band is bitchy and all you can get down is something like ice cream. At least it's calories. It doesn't sound right, but this is the reality. The ice cream takes far less of a toll on my body than chicken broth which is LOADED with sodium.

AND so many of the "judges" in here lost like 100 lbs in their first year, it took me 3, so, what's healthier? We coudl go back and forth for days, and that never was the intention here. But hey, I'm just getting warmed up. Bring it!

StefanieF, Please let me answer this one for you. Huh!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup::confused::thumbup::confused::thumbup:

I sincerely apologize if you took my questions as "judging" you. Why are you taking such offense? I just asked questions and offered absolutely no opinions nor judgements.

Really wasn't directed at you, my reply. I guess I'm on the defense here, and I'm really annoyed that I should have to be.

nothing personal :thumbup:

And yes, it is possible to lie to our docs or leave out pertinent information ... and I'm not suggesting she did either, but it was an honest question. No point in the "huh?" nonsense.

You know what? I read this thread first and all the way through, wherever you were making comments like "this has been MY experience, don't judge me, everyone does it differently" and so on, I was nodding my head and thinking "fair enough, each to their own...". I had a few moments of disquiet when I read comments from people who were pre-op or newly banded and were taking your example as a positive one that they would like to emulate, but still I thought "oh well, it's good for people to know that there is more than one way to skin a cat".

THEN I read your other thread, in which you discuss your medical problems. THAT was when the disquiet turned to alarm and I thought it only fair that others who might be swayed by your "positive" experiences with a tight band should be given fair warning about your less than positive experiences.

As for the rich man and the plastic surgery... *shrugs* I'm exactly 21 days post-op from my plastic surgery, which I paid for out of my own hard-earned money. You see, instead of setting my sights on nabbing a rich man, I set my sights on becoming a rich woman by my own efforts, making me now a WEALTHY, HOT, THIN, SEXY and NO-LONGER-SINGLE BANDSTER.

PS: Dunno where you got all that stuff about "superficial" and "thin-obsessed" but neither I nor Jachut said it - I think that's your own thoughts being projected on us.

Good for you. Some of don't live in rural Australia, but rather NYC, so saving up for that extra expense of plastic surgery is pretty much impossible if I want to pay my rent and stuff like that. I work my ass off, it's not enough. I'm single because I recently ended a relationship, and I'm having a blast being the object of affection for men.

Being fixated on being thin by doing this to yourself would, I believe, be easily seen to be an eating disorder. Tight bands are one thing, but the posters other thread indicates hers is causing her serious issues.

Thinking that means thin-obsessed.

And yes, I am about as superficial as they come right now. Why not? I've waited my whole life to be able to strut my stuff and look good doing it and NOT look at other women and say wow, I wish I looked like that...Now other women say that to me. I'm not projecting either, by the way, I am obsessed with staying thin and I'm also superficial and THE WHOLE POINT OF MY OTHER POST WAS TO SEE IF ANYONE ELSE WITH A TIGHT BAND HAD THE Constipation ISSUES AND HOW TO RELIEVE IT!

You go the doctor and say you're constipated and they say eat this, eat that, drink this, take this take that, and I just can't handle some of it. It's just that simple and if you can find a support group for constipated people with a tight lap band, point me in the direction. yeah, the band is tight, but it's not TOO tight if I can eat all the very awful things I did to get here. It's more about consistency and porosity and bulk than anything else.

"Some of don't live in rural Australia"

LOL....LOL......LOL....LOL....LOL..... OMG that was funny. I hope that know one gets offended but that was funny.......... And if they do I dont care which makes it even funnier......

Wow. This thread is just full of middle school drama....

I, being a "newbie" who responded to Steph by saying I think I will need to be "tight", really do not need others "showing me the light" of the negative consequences. If it works for me, great, if not, I will expereince MY OWN negative consequences and change as needed.

Would you judge a "loose bander"? Someone who wants to lose weight very slowly, but in doing so is able to eat larger portions or bread or whatever? Come on now.

Also, as I am sure Steph has been told by her doctors, IBS is in NO WAY related to weight loss surgery, nor her food choices. If it was THAT SIMPLE, then the millions of people with IBS could be cured by avoiding nachos, Steph's food of choice, right??? That's the logic being touted on here... that eating tiny portions of something YOU consider "wrong" caused her IBS.

I have Crohn's disease, an uglier, fiercer, IBS cousin. There is not a damn thing I have discovered in the past 13 years that I eat that makes it better or worse. One day, fried stuff sets a flare up, the next time, its fruit and veggies. There is no rhyme or reason for some sufferers.

If you aren't a tight bander, don't even bother reading this post if you are only going to lecture. We are all adults here. We are all learning and researching and sharing. We come here for support, not condescending attitudes that think their way is the "right" way.

Edited by counselor-is-in

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly does "tight banding" mean? I was just banded on 12/14, haven't even had my first fill yet. I know that the first few weeks after surgery are for healing, so I'm still waiting for the pounds to start coming off! I've been very careful with my diet, but I haven't started exercising yet. Does tight banding mean you eat even less than you would with the band as it's "intended" to be (for lack of better word)? Does a tight band basically mean just starving yourself, eating even less than the 1/2-1 cup of food? (Not judging, just asking!)

Once you start getting fills and the post-op care instructions are no longer relevant you get restriction with each fill. Some of us like a little more restriction than others.

Wow. This thread is just full of middle school drama....

I, being a "newbie" who responded to Steph by saying I think I will need to be "tight", really do not need others "showing me the light" of the negative consequences. If it works for me, great, if not, I will expereince MY OWN negative consequences and change as needed.

Would you judge a "loose bander"? Someone who wants to lose weight very slowly, but in doing so is able to eat larger portions or bread or whatever? Come on now.

Also, as I am sure Steph has been told by her doctors, IBS is in NO WAY related to weight loss surgery, nor her food choices. If it was THAT SIMPLE, then the millions of people with IBS could be cured by avoiding nachos, Steph's food of choice, right??? That's the logic being touted on here... that eating tiny portions of something YOU consider "wrong" caused her IBS.

I have Crohn's disease, an uglier, fiercer, IBS cousin. There is not a damn thing I have discovered in the past 13 years that I eat that makes it better or worse. One day, fried stuff sets a flare up, the next time, its fruit and veggies. There is no rhyme or reason for some sufferers.

If you aren't a tight bander, don't even bother reading this post if you are only going to lecture. We are all adults here. We are all learning and researching and sharing. We come here for support, not condescending attitudes that think their way is the "right" way.

LOL, next thread: A lesson in how to PB when you need to.:thumbup:

Have you tried activia yogurt?

Do the doctors let you just decide on your own how much restriction you have? I didn't even know that was an option!