Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help I cant stop snacking I feel like I am never gonna eat again which I know thats not the case.... I am having lb surg on 01/07/2010 and feel like its onna be over with all my fav foods ,,,,, has anyone gone throught this and if sooo how did you stop? what should I do I cant stand looking at myself in the nmirror....

Nope. I Started the process in September and am hopefully being banded in February. I have absolutely no desire or intention to continue doing what got me to this point and could possibly cause my surgery to be delayed.

It's referred to as "Last Supper Syndrome" and there is nothing constructive about it.

I know what you are going through. I was morning the loss of my old life before surgery. However, I was just banded 4 days ago and I'll tell you; I have NO desire to eat anything I used to like. I have this fear I'll bust my stitches or something if I eat too much, or not as directed by my doctor. That is a real motivator for me! Hope this helps.

I completely understand what you're going through. I had "Last supper syndrome" badly before I got banded. My husband has been dealing with it too. You just have to find it within yourself to work up the strength to make the right decisions. It isn't easy but it's worth it! And it certainly won't be your last meal. Personally speaking, I laugh at my mentality before the surgery, I can eat anything I want now, just in smaller portions. I wish I could go back and tell myself I didnt need to worry about that last supper because I still eat just fine.

My tip is to not let yourself get to the point of being starved for something to eat, that is almost always when I cave and hit the first fattening food I can get my hands on. Also try to plan your meals ahead of time. If you have a plan you are more likely to stick to it than if you had no plan!

My daughter gained 15 lbs the two weeks before her surgery. She had a low BMI so she just had herself a good time. Probably felt a lot like you. I did too to a certain extent. I have to stay low carb so I did that but just had wine more often and ate bigger portions. I was actually surprised when I weighed in for my surgery and hadn't gained anything. If you need to do the liver cleansing or need to lose to have yours, you might want to start going to a support group or something. Don't know but it is a mind set that you can break. You just have to find the proper incentive. Best of luck with it.....

I'm dealing with the same thing and I have pre-op tests this Saturday. I'm going to be so embarrassed when they see I've gained and I'm sure I have. I tend to go overboard like this before every attempt at weight loss. But I also know this surgery is costing me a pretty penny (self pay) and my vacation - for me those are motivating factors to try and get with the program. I wasn't ordered to do a pre-op diet, but my general dr did give me the stuff to do a 3 day detox/cleanse. I'll do it, because I know I can manage 3 days. Any longer than that though, and I wouldn't be able to handle it because my hunger is out of control. I've also bought an OA book that I hope will give me some insight into why I eat the way I eat. For now I'm not going to stress over it too much or else I'll eat even more.

But yeah, you're not alone, and it sucks now, but soon we'll be banded and viewing food a lot diff. I wish you the best of luck :)

I've been on a mostly liquid pre-op diet since December 31st and am getting banded on Thursday, January 7th. I've been tempted to stop at a fast food restaurant and gorge out "one last time." But, the way I see it? I've had enough burgers, fries, nachos, etc. to last a LIFETIME - and I've got the weight to prove it! I know I'll be able to eat all of those foods again, in smaller portions...and I refuse to let my mind win this round!