Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

pre-op n post-op lost 15lbs since november 24th surgery.then the weight lost stopped. What is bandster hell? now im getting discouraged, I can basically eat whatever with no restriction. My 1st fill is mon dec 21st hopefully the weight loss will start again especially since I will have the clear 2 start excersing per doc order. do u think the 1st fill n exercise will help?

Bandster Hell is that period after you are back on normal food but have had no fills -- and can pretty much eat anything you want and in quantities that you shouldn't be eating. Once you start getting fills, you will find that each fill makes it easier.

In the meantime, try this. Eat a meal of 3 oz of Protein, a vegetable serving and a serving of WHOLE GRAIN carb. If/when you get hungry in less than 4 hours, eat a small Protein snack....a boiled egg, a little deli sliced turkey or an ounce of cheese (all these are about 70 calories each). When you get to your sweet spot, you should be able to comfortably go 4 hours (or perhaps longer) between meals and Snacks will become an occasional thing which you unavoidably have to go much longer between meals.

The main thing is to not get discouraged, understand that this is a process, and that it does indeed get easier.

Bandster Hell is that period after you are back on normal food but have had no fills -- and can pretty much eat anything you want and in quantities that you shouldn't be eating. Once you start getting fills, you will find that each fill makes it easier.

In the meantime, try this. Eat a meal of 3 oz of Protein, a vegetable serving and a serving of WHOLE GRAIN carb. If/when you get hungry in less than 4 hours, eat a small Protein snack....a boiled egg, a little deli sliced turkey or an ounce of cheese (all these are about 70 calories each). When you get to your sweet spot, you should be able to comfortably go 4 hours (or perhaps longer) between meals and Snacks will become an occasional thing which you unavoidably have to go much longer between meals.

The main thing is to not get discouraged, understand that this is a process, and that it does indeed get easier.

thanks 4 the advice please request me as a friend so we can keep n touch if thats ok with u. i need 2 get me some measuring devices so I can make sure Im getting the proper amount of servings.

Thank you for posting this! I am 2 weeks post surgery and am going through this...I need to throw my scale in the trash can:mad:.....I am keep telling myself that it will get easier!!!

Have heart girls, it will get easier as long as you put a little effort into it. Don't totally throw away the scales, just don't get obsessed over them. Use them cautiously and only to keep yourself focused. The fills don't hurt, just a little pinch and then you feel nothing. The most important thing right now is restraint and will power until you can get to the point that your fills are kicking in. Good Luck!

Yep, sounds like you're in bandster's hell. Stay strong and it will pass as you get your fills. Don't expect too much for the first fill. I couldn't tell I even had mine.

ive been wondering about the fills, do they hurt???

Fills don't really hurt. A little pinch is all. Many doctors put numbing stuff on you before you get the little needle in your port. Mine didn't and it didn't hurt at all. Just a little pinch. The process takes about 5 minutes.

I had my surgery on Nov 23 and my weight has stopped. I am starving. Guess i'm in banster hell like u guys. I only eat 1/2 cup each meal and sugar free popcicles when I'm hungrey and have Protein shot.:):crying::unsure:

I was banded in April 2009 -- and have a conservative surgeon. I have 5.75cc in my band.

I have lost 39 pounds since surgery.

I still have VERY LITTLE RESTRICTION........

I get very jealous of those that have 7 and even 8cc in their bands and their surgery date was after mine!!!

I am losing weight (less than 1 lb per week --- but still losting!!) - with very little help from the band....just like the old days. Intense cardio/weight EXERCISE 5 times a week and being careful on what I am eating.

Any and everyone that thinks that having the BAND is going to be the ANSWER to their weight loss is fooling themselves...it REALLY is just a TOOL.

You need your WILL POWER and your DETERMINATION to get the weight off................the band will help....some it will help sooner than others!

ive been wondering about the fills, do they hurt???

sweety I have no clue.my 1st fill is december 21st I will let u know if it hurts or not

I was banded in August and have not been loosing weight. I was not feeling much restriction. I had a third fill yesterday and was hoping that the third fill would do the trick. The doctor overfilled me this thrid time and it was awefull! I had to go in as an emergency and they took all the saline out so now I have to start from scratch. I am very disappointed but the overfill was so painful.

I feel a LITTLE better now too. I think I'm in bandster hell too. I have to wait until January 28th until my first fill though. I need to up my Protein and my Water, but, it feels like I can eat pretty much anything I want, but, not NEARLY in the quantities that I was before. This bites, no pun intended. I had lost 25 pounds on the 3 weeks I was on liquids and now, I've gained 6 pounds back and I'm really upset about it. I was planning on starting to REALLY get going with the treadmill and the Wii Fit this week though. Anyone think that will help at all? I'm hoping that it will. I still track ALL my calories and I'm still eating under 1000 calories a day, but, I'm not losing anything. I'm a little worried I'm MAYBE eating too little? I have no idea what's going on.

Im only1 week out and have lost 13 pounds, mostly Water weight, but Im on cream Soup, yogurt and pudding but Im not feeling the full sensation. I eat the recommended amounts which are 1/3- 1/2 cup a meal with no drinks. Now Im craving eggs!