Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey February 2010 Bandsters!

Thanks for the ideas and support. I guess I have to think of it this way as well...I have never in my life dropped 22 pounds in one month..plus that fill really is just around the corner. When I go for that I'm certain he will release me to really exercise so that should be a huge help. Right now I am only getting in about a mile or two of walking each day. I checked my cals and protien I am getting at least the 60 grams of protien in, but maybe I should up it to get closer to the 80? I am getting under 700 calories on most days so adding an extra protien shake is surely not going to hurt anything!

Edited by patsal
left out info.

Hang in there. Again, it is hard not to compare yourself to other people, but don't. Everyone's body is different.

My dr. recommends 60-70+ grams of Protein per day and about 1200 calories.

I want to lose weight but not too fast because I don't want tons of loose skin. Also if you loose really fast in the beginning it can get even harder as you hit plateaus and need to cut more calories.

The only exercise my dr. wants me to do is walking, but I have started doing floor exercise, which are slow gentle movements for my legs and butt and some arm work...maybe some squats too...just slow and easy :)'

I was banded 2-23-10. I have not had my first fill and I am hungry and am worried that I will gain back the 15lbs I have lost. I thought this would be more helps in the will power department.

I was banded 2-23-10. I have not had my first fill and I am hungry and am worried that I will gain back the 15lbs I have lost. I thought this would be more helps in the will power department.

Well, until you get filled enough, it is all willpower. Just hang in there, this is all part of the process.

I am 2 weeks 4 days post op and down 12 pounds. Everything is going great. I have moved onto pureed foods (my nieces were trying to get me to puree a brownie, they are not much help:eek:) and have not thrown up or even felt like getting sick. I usually eat oatmeal for Breakfast, then sip on my Protein Shake until mid morning, for lunch I have egg salad or chicken salad, a SF chocolate pudding cup and 1/2 of fruit. Then for dinner usually some kind of meat, (chicken, pork chop, or steak), mashed cauliflower or broccoli and a small baked potato. I get in about 800 to 900 calories and I am not hungry. I am not craving chinese food anymore :sad: The only thing I regret about having the surgery in Mexico is that I don't have a doctor close by to answer questions or for post op exams, so I read a lot of your posts. You have answered many questions and I thank you. Keep up the good work, it will be worth it.

Guest LessOfMe_NYC

hi everyone, and congrats on all of these great success stories!

two random questions...

1. anyone having problems with biting/chewing up the inside of your mouth? this happens because of all the chewing i do before swallowing, and my mouth is ripped apart in places where my teeth accidentally hit skin instead of food. it's quite painful and yet i can't seem to avoid it with so much chewing.

2. exercise...i have so much energy now from losing weight and i walk every day, but want to take on some toning exercises now. i am at four weeks out and permitted to exercise at this point. i really want to take a pilates or ballet class but worry about stretching my core too much. has anyone begin an exercise program for toning that they can recommend? how about any exercises in general you recommend, to start out slowly? i played tennis pre-band as well, but worry about all of the running and lunging.

thanks!

225/219/199/125

pre-op/surgery day/current/goal

#1. Feb 17 2010

#2. I live in on a Military base in germany

#3. Professor Weiner at the Krankenhaus sachsenhausen

#4. Tri Care paid

#5. 26 5ft 3 inchs

#6. i was 276 im now 242 and would like to be 190

#7. There is no one main factor to me making the choice to have surgery. Like when moving to Germany one one flight the flight attendant asked infront of everyone if I needed a seat belt extender. The fact I couldnt keep up with my 5 year old. That things I used to enjoy I couldnt do anymore because I was 2 big. I also did it because my daughter has a heart condition and I want to be a good example to her of not only eating healthy and right but being the right size so she hopefuly wont gain wieght and stress out her heart.

#7.Eveyone I know is so supportive and happy that I have made this choice.

#8. Not really just the commen concerns and fears i think we all have about first fill epanding from the liquid to soft to more solid foods.

Mrs. t - Glad you are joining us. Lots of great info here as you begin this journey. We are all doing it together.

#1. Surgery date? 2/4/2010

#2. State you live in? Virginia

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Brengman at Dominiion Surgical

#4. Insurance or self pay?Ins.

#5. Age and height 31 & 5'6"

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 283.5/175

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery?Obesity rider was offered on my policy

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends?Absolutely

#8. Concerns and questions? I am impatient at this point and want to see more of a loss. Since I started the Pre-Op diet and had surgery, I am down 25 pds. and I have held there for about a month. First fill is this Friday, fingers crossed that things pick up!

since i last posted, i've had a really challenging time emotionally. My partner and i split up and the medical aid refused to reimburse any of the surgeon or hospital costs.:unsure:

there is however some really good news as well:

• :smile2:i've lost 17.5 pounds since my surgery 5 weeks ago
  • :smile2:my blood pressure medication has been halved
  • :smile2:i've been offered a new job

i'm feeling strong and motivated and my surgeon has been amazing. I had my first fill two weeks after surgery and my second is scheduled for this coming monday.

Hey February 2010 Bandsters.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Just wanted to update you on my progress. I am down a total of 33 lbs including the pre-op. 15 of those since Surgery day. I am feeling great and have gotten into a good routine with daily fitness. My first fill will be on Monday and I am anxious to see how that experience goes.

I wish you all the best and hope your band is being good to you!

Christopher

3/18/2010 - 290.8 lbs

Hey February 2010 Bandsters.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Just wanted to update you on my progress. I am down a total of 33 lbs including the pre-op. 15 of those since Surgery day. I am feeling great and have gotten into a good routine with daily fitness. My first fill will be on Monday and I am anxious to see how that experience goes.

I wish you all the best and hope your band is being good to you!

Christopher

3/18/2010 - 290.8 lbs

Keep up the good work you are doing great!

since i last posted, i've had a really challenging time emotionally. My partner and i split up and the medical aid refused to reimburse any of the surgeon or hospital costs.:frown:

there is however some really good news as well:

• :smile2:i've lost 17.5 pounds since my surgery 5 weeks ago
  • :smile2:my blood pressure medication has been halved
  • :smile2:i've been offered a new job

i'm feeling strong and motivated and my surgeon has been amazing. I had my first fill two weeks after surgery and my second is scheduled for this coming monday.

Sorry to hear that you wont be reimbursed and that you and your partner split up. Sounds like you are on the right track to a new life. A slimmer healthier you with a new job.

Hey everyone! I hope that you are all getting through the challenges! It's really good to know that there is a lot of encouragement and support from and for all of us! I have made up in my mind that after all of the expense, pain, and effort in having this lapband, I'm going to succeed! I'm now 26 days post op and have lost a total of 27 lbs including the pre op liquid diet phase. So I'm extemely happy with accomplishing that much in a month! On my own last year I was only able to lose 12 lbs:mad:! I have been on the soft food phase of my post op regimen for the last two weeks and will be having my first fill on Tuesday, the 23rd. Again, I made up my mind that I could do this, so I have been satisfied with the smaller portions. Also sitting down and slowly eating and thoroughly chewing my food takes so long, that I'm actually glad when the meal is over.:laugh: I have started to have cravings, and this could simply be my mind talking to me telling me I want junk. But it will be interesting and probably a challenge after I have my filled in trying to find out what's going to work best for me, so wish me luck!

weight.png

Red - congrats - you are doing so well. With your very positive attitude, success is on the horizon for you.

We will all work hard to embrace our dreams.

Joyce