Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I cheated and I'm scared now. :/

I grew up all my life having people say "IF you eat that hamburger your going to be fat." So what it does in return is WANT me to eat that hamburger because of people constantly telling me what I should and shouldn't do. So my point being is, everyone is on the same page here. We all are here because we want to lose weight. How we get there, is our own business. We are a big family here who offers support to those that need it. The statements that others make are purely their own opinions. We are here for SUPPORT. We are not here to have people tell you "NO DON'T DO THAT." We are here to tell people, "So you made a mistake. That's ok just put it behind you and do it differently from now on." We are all human and we all make mistakes.

Now anyone that can come off of heroin AND do the lapband should be applauded. That's awesome. I think you are doing a great job. Just remember "Success is in the eyes of the beholder." I wish you much success as well as everyone else. Whether your banded or pre-banded. Everyone have an awesome holiday season.

Considering all of the "Private Messages" ive recieved from people who agree. But anyway we will see how you do Post procedure. Good day....Seems if your getting LAP-BAND® your will power in the past hasn't been to good either! LOL.

I'm very happy for you that you are receiving pm's, however that doesn't negate my opinion. Like it or not, everyone has one and is entitled to express that opinion. Interesting how you decided to call me out due to my opinion not matching yours. I also do not appreciate the smugness of your reply. This board is for support - and sometimes opinions will differ. Perhaps you should suggest that those of us who are "pre" surgery shouldn't be able to access the post surgery side because it sure seems like you have an issue wuth me having and voicing my opinion.

Just Ice-- I just thought you were a bit harsh that's all. All I was saying was it is difficult after the surgery. You are very weak and it is tempting to have a little something to give you some energy. I do wish you and everyone the best of success in their weight loss journey as we are all in the same situation.

Happy Holidays.

Just Ice, you will probably go through the same thing after surgery. It seems to be what happens!

I've always prided myself on a steel will and thought the same as you, Just Ice.

I read people's "I cheated" threads and guiltily thought they were weak and there was no way I would do that but boy is it a different story when you're going through it.

2 weeks of liquid gets very hairy for ANYONE. You'll see when you're there and we'll all be here to talk you through it!

No need to be proud about it. We are all here to help eachother and even people without weight problems would find 2 weeks of liquids extremely trying.

I had my first experience with being "stuck" yesterday and it was horrible. Now I'm freaked out because I vomited a little.

Ah. Tis the lapband journey. It's definitely a learning curve!

Just Ice-- I just thought you were a bit harsh that's all. All I was saying was it is difficult after the surgery. You are very weak and it is tempting to have a little something to give you some energy. I do wish you and everyone the best of success in their weight loss journey as we are all in the same situation.

Happy Holidays.

Definitely agree with you oceancity4me, and if I knew how to PM, I'll PM you a word of "props" too.

Just-Ice, you haven't had the band yet so you probably don't understand how miserable it is the first few weeks. We obviously all have a little bit of a weight issue since we all took this route.

I got banded on 12/3 and I cheated too, but I don't consider myself a horrible person since it was just tossing in a piece of egg down my throat. If you are coming in to tell me a band will suddenly change your desire to eat, then you should consider not getting the surgery.

I am not sure where thread starter will be in 6 months but to IMPLY she cheated a little and probably will continue to be a failure 6 months post is harsh. None of us should be cold-turkey at this. Take things slowly and the success will come.

In additionally, another comment you made that bothered me was the fact that you knew you were going to get "flammed" for your comment yet you still said it the way you did. I do feel you could have at least tried to say it in a more encouraging way such as, "just be more careful, try to stick by it even though it may be hard." Similar meaning but easier to swallow. Just my opinion.

Oh, it's perfectly fine to voice an opposing opinion at whatever stage of the surgery you are, the credibility of your opinion is another issue though.

Totally agree with nervous_newbie. Credibility is a huge issue here. You gotta walk the walk before you do the talk. I was banded 12/2 and never imagined how completely miserable 3 weeks of Optifast and other liquids would make me. Couldn't sleep for the hunger. Optifast for Thanksgiving. Sure I cheated a bit. It kept me from totally going off the rails. A green bean and egg are soft and if you chew it 20 times it's mush. I feel great, am losing and have had zero digestive problems. Before the fill (3 weeks away for me) many of us are cruising on will power alone.

Thanks nervous newbie--We were banded the very same day! How is it going for you? The weight was coming off really fast in the beginning. Slowing down now. The doctor says that's normal. I get my first fill in 3 wks also. Hoping that will help alot. They say it will. I am down 18 pounds. How about you?

Thanks nervous newbie--We were banded the very same day! How is it going for you? The weight was coming off really fast in the beginning. Slowing down now. The doctor says that's normal. I get my first fill in 3 wks also. Hoping that will help alot. They say it will. I am down 18 pounds. How about you?

Hey December Bandsters -

I went to my follow-up today and only lost 12 lbs =(

Have you guys started exercising yet? I'm eating w/o restriction right now so I'm working on sole will power. I've been avoiding all cheese and etc.

I need to lose about the same amount as you too, hopefully we can keep each other on par!!! So happy to know where are more "me"s out there!

I don't know how much weight I've lost/gained because I don't actually own a scale!!

I should probably get one lol.

My husband says I'm "curvier" and my waist has gone down a whopping 2 inches. My face looks slimmer too...so I assume I have lost some weight.

Hello All! I was banded on Dec 2nd and yes I have eaten the dreaded scrambled eggs before time!! I just had too:scared2: I was on liquids 2 weeks pre op so I was on liquids for about a month :):cursing::) I have not had any digestive problems but like many of you I have 3 weeks til my first fill and am cruising on will power alone because I have very little restriction..My weight loss has slowed down, but I did buy a pair of jeans 2 sizes smaller:thumbup::smile2::thumbup::tt1: Good Luck to everyone!!!! We will make it together:wub:

Bravo, Bobbie!! :)

im so jealous. i only lost about 10 lbs. =(

You are doing wonderful Bobbie. 22 pounds is great! The first 15 pounds was easy, the last 3 pounds took longer....hoping for it to start coming off again after my first fill. I am also working on will power alone right now. It's tough at times, especially around the holidays. Everyone at work has been bringing in goodies and Ive just been watching them eat it.

Nervous Newbie- There is nothing wrong with 12 pounds. Just think that's 12 less pounds then you were a couple of weeks ago! I think we will drop more quickly after our 1st fill!

Hey everyone! I just wanted to jump in here and show my support. I do not have a surgical date, yet. Still waiting on that one, but one of the things that I KNOW will be a big hurdle is the liquid diet. Of course, after reading this, I'm also worried because I HATE eggs. Now I keep thinking "What on earth will I eat?" There is no trying to eat the eggs. I literally gag on them. I gag when I see people fry them. LOL!

I also have to say that your weight losses are amazing! It's inspiring!

I can't wait to see how everything works out for all of you. I'm hoping to be able to say I'm a February bandster, but we'll see. I'm still early in the process.

Wishing you much success - mushies and all!

Good luck Gingerjane..The process will go by quick and before you know it you will be banded!