Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long did it take you to conceive?

My husband and I are ttc. I've been off bc about a month. My periods were irregular before going on bc, since I have lost more than 50lbs and I thought maybe they would be more regular now. When I came off bc I had my period for 10 days (Nov 1-10).

I have been super moody and tired lately and have to pee all the time... I took a test in hopes last week, but it was negative...I don’t know if it's in my head. Could I be preg this soon? How long did it take for others to conceive?

I had been on the pill for a little over 10 years and started trying July 2006 found out we were pregnant by August 2006. Then I had an IUD place then removed and started the pill again. A year after restarting the pill we went off to try again. We started trying April of this year and found out we were pregnant May, unfortunately a few weeks later lost the baby. Started trying again in June and found out we were pregnant in July lol. My husband jokes that he has super sperm lol. Each time before we started trying I went on folic acid! It's good to be on it as soon as possible so while ttc think about taking a prenatal or just folic acid! Good luck and let me know how it's going. I'm around if you ever need to talk!!!

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I tried taking a preg test this morning, but the last one I had in the box didnt work... So I might try again this afternoon. I guess anything could happen, but I dont have my hopes up yet :)

Good luck! My fingers are crossed for you! In the meantime have fun trying :) lol.

I had my IUD removed in March and we got pregnant in September, so about six months. I know a lot of people get pregnant right away (or so it seems) but a lot of us take a few months too.

Just FYI, if you like to test often, you can buy pretty inexpensive pg tests online--like a couple dollars a piece instead of the expensive drug store ones. Just google "inexpensive pregnancy tests."

Good luck to you!

Seriously I have found that some of the more sensitive pregnancy tests come from dollar tree/dollar stores. I like pink ink tests the best because you have a low chance of seeing an evap line!

just got the period so it didnt happen this month - but i'm glad my period came right on time - hopefully that means my cycle is getting back to normal since i've come off bc.....

we'll see if anything happens this cycle...

well best of luck to you and your hubby!!!!

i was banded 5/2008 and found out i was pg 3/2009. i had lost about 40lbs when i got my period and they were like clockwork until i got pg. you're on the right track!

I ended up getting pregnant on the first try. I read all the reviews on the Clearblue easy electronic ovulation predictor kit and I ended up getting it. I was glad I did! The first time we used it, it worked!

I also lent it to my friend and she got pregnant the first time too. She said she probably wouldn't have on her own that month as it said her peak day of fertility was on day 18--she was expecting 14 or 15!

It was worth the $150 for the unit and the sticks on Amazon and my flex spending covered it. Good luck!

We didn't use any predictors...we just had sex often lol...more fun that way :smile:

We used the Clearblue ovulation monitor also (before the Band I had PCOS which made my ovulations very irregular, so I wanted to monitor the situation). We got pregnant on the 2nd month we tried. It is all because of the Band because I was very infertile prior to weight loss.

Hey I'm due a day before you lol...Congrats!

It has taking us over 8 months to get pregnant with the help of fertility drugs, ovulation sticks, pre-seed(stuff is amazing if your TTC, highly recommend getting some). It has been a rough ride with 1 miscarriage but we are pregnant again so I am crossing my fingers this little one sticks this time..

Just make sure if your TTC always be on the bottom, always lay still for atleast 15 minutes after and I suggest using ovulation test strips..good luck :)

Hi aSpen

What is pre-seed?

Preseed is this amazing lubrication that is safe while TTC, it is a must and worth buying. I know so many woman that have used it and have gotten pregnant right away while using it. I thought before buying it that I didn't need help in the lubrication department, I was well lubricated but it helps the sperm out by allowing it to travel inside you..

Here is the website - www.preseed.com

Highly recommended, I have a feeling this is why we got pregnant this time, only month we used it every single time and it obviously worked..it cost about $19.99 and the amount I used was about 3-4 on the applicator that comes with it..any questions feel free to contact me :thumbup: Hope this helps and you get your positive soon!!