Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need to refind my motivation.

I just pasted my one year mark in Nov. Which I still can't believe. Okay don't get me wrong I am super happy with how things have went, I think without the band I would have just kept gaining. But the last few months have been been hard. first I stopped losing and even gained a some (10-14) lbs. I am scared this is it what if i cant get any lower. I was going to the gym 3-5 days a week now i can't seem to go back. I feel like i am slipping back into my old habits. I am not eating crazy or anything but i cant' get back into exercising. I want to but get over this standstill. Am i just a loser and can't motivate myself.

Oh i guess it would help to tell you a little back ground information.

Starting wt 287 current 230 ht 5' 4 1/2- Just started to lose again but it is super slow. I know it is cause i am not exercising but i dont know how to get motivated. I really want to make this work.

I can so sympathize with you! But first, congrats on your weight loss!! Losing any amount of weight is amazing, especially when its been on us for so long!

I think I just found my sweet spot with great restriction, but oh, those darn slider foods, especially during the holidays!!! Anyways, I am managing to lose weight while I was still in bandster hell. Thats not exactly the motivation I need to get off my butt and excercise!

Anyways, I think you need to reach deep down inside yourself and rediscover what motivated you to have the surgery in the first place. That should do the trick and help you get moving the way you want to. And prehaps you need to speak with your doctor and make sure you don't need an adjustment to hit proper restriction. And a visit to the dietician to go over food choices for eating to lose weight would help. I am far more scared of telling my dietician I fell off the wagon than I am to tell my doctor. I hate disapproving looks, lol! And my dietician does them well.

Good luck, I know you can find your motivation back. Hold your head up, you have lost weight and you have the right to be proud!

I just pasted my one year mark in Nov. Which I still can't believe. Okay don't get me wrong I am super happy with how things have went, I think without the band I would have just kept gaining. But the last few months have been been hard. first I stopped losing and even gained a some (10-14) lbs. I am scared this is it what if i cant get any lower. I was going to the gym 3-5 days a week now i can't seem to go back. I feel like i am slipping back into my old habits. I am not eating crazy or anything but i cant' get back into exercising. I want to but get over this standstill. Am i just a loser and can't motivate myself.

Oh i guess it would help to tell you a little back ground information.

Starting wt 287 current 230 ht 5' 4 1/2- Just started to lose again but it is super slow. I know it is cause i am not exercising but i dont know how to get motivated. I really want to make this work.

No you aren't a loser but something more is going on than just not exercising because you can lose weight without exercising.

You say you aren't 'eating like crazy' but it's possible to make the wrong food choices while still restricting your eating. My doc and nut said that I should be eating about 1 cup of food per meal...and one cup of food is not equal to another cup. The calories, carbs, fats and nutrients in one cup of grilled chicken, steamed broccoli and a bit of rice would be significantly lower (and better) than 1 cup breaded fried chicken, corn and mashed potatoes w/gravy.

If I have to 'exercise' (and I'm thinking exercise as in working out just to work out and lose weight) to lose weight, I'm going to be fat the rest of my life because I hate to exercise and I know it is not a lifestyle change that I can keep up for 'life'.

From experience though, I know that I don't have to exercise to lose weight, I just need to have a more active lifestyle. After I lost 70 pounds (and I've kept it off by the way), I started working in my own warehouse. For 4-5 hours per day I'm walking, lifting (5-25# lifts), squatting, bending, etc...but for a purpose.

As I continue to lose weight, the plan is to take up some of the activities I've done in the past and enjoyed so much (cross country skiing, backpacking, etc.) because these things I will be interested in doing for a lifetime.

I expect I'll get 'exercise' just from working around my house and yard. Washing walls is an incredible workout...and the satisfaction factor is enormous. :tongue2:

I have a hard time with exercise as well and I have no clue why. What has helped me is reminding myself where I want to be at the end, a slimmer me. Look at some photos of people who weigh about your goal weight to get motivated. You must pack a bag for the gym and have it in your car so no excuses. Just walk in, get in there and let the rest just happen. Even if you just walk for 30 minutes you DID IT! Also I find music really helps. I keep a pad in the car and every time I listen to the radio I jot down a song that makes me feel good and update my ipod as soon as I can. You can get a tiny ipod that holds 240 songs for about $50.

Remember, you have within you a tool to make things HAPPEN! Also there is an awesome weight loss community on YouTube and many bandsters video blog (vlog) their weightloss. Might I suggest Skymoon1980, she lost 125 lbs in 8 months, kept it off just had her 1 year surgiversary and did a 1 year video...INSPIRATIONAL!! bandedwendy also updates biweekly and has tips and is so encouraging.

I wish you the best! Find your motivation, be what you always wanted to be!

You know what you need to do so "JUST DO IT"!

MAKE NO EXCUSES, GET YOUR BUTT TO THE GYM AND DO WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING!

Excuses and laziness made you fat. Determination will make you thinner, happier, and healthier.

Huge workouts are momentous for someone who has been hitting the couch for awhile. I started with small walks, then increased the speed, then increased the distance. Then it made me feel so good, I wanted to do it. Maybe try something small then slowly increase. Best of luck

We sound similar. Banded about the same time, lost about the same amount, etc. I'm thinking "the honeymoon is over." :) The first twelve months, I lost weight without trying. Now I've been wrestling with the same four pounds since July! This week I decided that I need to get back to my roots. I pulled out my old food/exercise diary and committed myself to eat and exercise like I did when I was first banded. I've learned more about slider foods than a bandster should know. :sad: Let's toughen-up and eat our lean Protein first and then some veggies. Take your Vitamins and go for a walk. Please, Lord, if I can't do it for myself, let me do it for those who love me. :wub:

I am so happy to find this thread! I am in the same spot!! I decided to join Weight Watchers last week for the accountability. It has helped me so far. I had fallen off the wagon so bad I was being drug behind it! lol

I also went for a fill today and made and appointment with an eating disorder therapist. I thought I better wrap my arms around what is going on with me before I gain weight. I dont know if it is the holidays or not but I have got to get back on track.

Thanks everyone, it does help to hear from others going through the same problems or just giving tough love. It all helps. I have been thinking a lot about why i started this path and i really want to complete it. I been doing good the last 2 days took a 3 mile walk the last 2 days. Just need to get back to why I made this choice. Thank you everyone. It really does help hearing from everyone. :w00t: