Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stretched/dilated pouch

If I've missed this being answered someplace else, please forgive me! I've tried to search for the subject first before posting.

I'm one of those who have stretched the pouch. Not once, but twice. The second time, being almost a slip and blockage, my doctor opted to remove the band and put a new one in. I know that once you stretch the pouch, it's easier to do it again. I waited 4 months before getting a fill, then after 2 weeks had it removed because the weather changed and I started having the tightness/problems that I get when the barometric pressure changes! I have not had another refill yet, and will probably wait until after the holidays, for financial reasons.

But this is my question: Yes -- I know it's easy to stretch the pouch after having done it, but when that stretch happens and the fibers in the top portion of the pouch are stretched (the ones that tell you you're full and don't have much of an appetite anymore), can they go back to normal? In other words, am I fighting a losing battle because I've stretched the pouch before? Will I never be able to get to that sweet spot again?

Anyone with any experience in this, if you could offer me some insight, I'd appreciate it! I feel so discouraged and just wonder if it's hopeless at this point, or do I still have a chance at success?:rolleyes:

I've really never got this question answered myself. How do you know if you stretched your pouch??

I had a dilated pouch and had it repaired last Friday. My symptoms were horrible reflux, heartburn even with heartburn meds, and I couldn't keep any solids down. That went on for months. I got three unfills during that time; they took out everything, and the problems were not solved.

I asked my surgeon if I would be prone to get dilated again and he said it was rather rare. I hope he is right because my insurance would not pay for my revision since I was self-pay for my first band.

Other than soreness from the surgery, I am feeling much better. No acid taste or reflux. My surgeon said that it was having the band too tight and throwing up too much that caused the dilation. He fixed my hiatal (sp?) hernia, and put in a new band above the dilated part on my stomach.

I have the same problem. Dialated this time last year and again a month ago. I can't afford a revision. Is this it for my pouch?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches