Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So my question is how is your neck holding up with your weight loss?

I am getting these vertical lines in my neck right under my chin (about 4 of them) it looks like I got a lousy Lipo job done.. I am hoping with more weight loss it becomes less and less noticeable.. Right now, not very pretty.

Can anybody relate to this and did any one have a good outcome?

I think I have the clone of your 4 lines. I have been putting cream on them which helps temporarily. I hope it evens out with time. If not, I may have to treat myself to PS.

Before I got my band, I was on my way to a double chin, ack. Of course, my face and especially my neck have deflated since losing weight. Over the last several months I was noticing ripply lines on my neck, sort of like a deflated balloon, but not quite horrible looking...yet. After reading your post, it made me think that I hadn't noticed my neck looking so ripply lately. I just went and looked in the mirror and the lines are barely there now! I had already told my husband that I was getting a neck lift if the skin stayed wrinkled or became saggy. Now, I'm hopeful it's going to snap back. Here's hoping!!

Truth be told I have bought every neck cream, roll on and serum out there. If they told me rubbing chicken sh*t on my neck would make the wrinkles go away I would probably try it.

I hate the look.. I would rather my whole neck look wrinkly rather than these stupid lines.. It looks like I ironed pleats into my neck.. sigh.. I know this is vain, but when i look in the mirror my eyes go straight to the lines..

I saw this gadget that claims to tighten the neck, I am even looking at laser treatments, but figure I should give it some time before shelling out big bucks.

I have the very beginnings of a turkey neck now. Looking at my Dad, its a genetic trait. My Dad is 72 and his is not very bad, overall he looks great. Women's skin of course tends to do worse, but if that's as bad as its going to get, I can cope.

I really truly think agonizing over every little sign of aging will drive you crazy. I really try to not worry about it and dont entertain the thought of cutting up my face because once you start, you just never stop. Its a bit like home renovations, lol.

Hi:

Remember, we are our own worst critics. Other people probably don't notice your neck lines at all.

I started at 324 pounds. I think I had 3 chins. I'm now down to only one, but I do have the start of a turkey neck right where my neck meets underneath my jaw. Oh well, still alot better than it used to look.

I couldn't tolerate my hanging skin on my lower abdomen, however alot of women get a few wrinkles and a turkey neck, so I can deal with those.

In cold weather climates we can wear turtle neck sweaters to cover up our necks for about half of the year.

Hope you find a way to be at peace with your body changes.

I love my band and my new flat tummy.

Sue

Edited by Sue Magoo
wanted to add something.