Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just Banded yesterday

Hi everyone! I have reading this board faithfully and it has helped me prepare for my new life. I was banded yesterday in NC by Dr. Enochs. I have some pain by my port site and had some nasty heartburn earlier today. I called the Dr. and he said it was ok to take Pepcid and that worked great! I had no nausea (I was so afraid of that) since they gave me that patch that goes behind your ear. I slept on a bed wedge to be on the safe side. I am getting all my fluids with no problem. I do have some throat pain like a sore throat..which is because they had some trouble getting that tube down my airway during surgery.

I was up and walkin right away and it was so important to do those deep breathing exercises after sugery. I coughed some from that and could taste/smell the gas they used to put you out.

I hope to post more of my improvements as time goes on. Thanks for being there!

Congratulations! Glad things went well.

Sounds like it went good I hope mine does. Get some rest so you can heal .

I was banded the 4th of November!

I'm still struggling with the gas pains, but overall, I'm doing ok I guess.

Congrats to both of us!

Hi everyone! I have reading this board faithfully and it has helped me prepare for my new life. I was banded yesterday in NC by Dr. Enochs. I have some pain by my port site and had some nasty heartburn earlier today. I called the Dr. and he said it was ok to take Pepcid and that worked great! I had no nausea (I was so afraid of that) since they gave me that patch that goes behind your ear. I slept on a bed wedge to be on the safe side. I am getting all my fluids with no problem. I do have some throat pain like a sore throat..which is because they had some trouble getting that tube down my airway during surgery.

I was up and walkin right away and it was so important to do those deep breathing exercises after sugery. I coughed some from that and could taste/smell the gas they used to put you out.

I hope to post more of my improvements as time goes on. Thanks for being there!

Congratulations. I was banded on Oct. 23. Give it about a week and you will feel as good as new. It's great that you are walking. Keep that up. It will definately help get rid of the gas that you experience. Take things at your own pace. And don't be afraid to ask questions. The only stupid question is the one not asked.

Hey Doreen - we're banded buddies.. I had my revision of my lapband done on 11/5. I'm home now and feeling pretty good. I am tiring easy, and trying to lay low. Got to walk around the neighborhood today for some exercise. Pretty sick of the liquid diet but will continue until my post-op appt on thursday.

Good luck!

I hope you are feeling great by now.

I am planning ( hoping) to go through Dr. Enochs too.

I am still waiting on my inital appt......eerr!!

Hey Doreen ---

Welcome to the early November club! I was banded Tuesday, November 3rd and am feeling better each day. I still have some tightness in my chest but it gets better with more and more walking. My staples come out tomorrow.

I was surprised that I didn't feel as tired after this surgery as I have been with others. One of my previous (female) surgeons told me, "Women who work full time are more tired after surgery because they're exhausted going into it."

My throat hurt too afterward and the thought of drinking Crystal Lite lemonade in the hospital made me cringe. It's still a little sore, now five days post-op.

My surgeon, here in the Chicago area, has us on 3TBS of pureed Protein for the two weeks after, plus 64 oz of Water each day. I've been pluverizing everything in the blender, except for eggs and cottage cheese. It's down to baby food consistency....I move up to 1.5 to 2 oz of soft foods in a week or so......

You will feel better every day and will be surprised at how well you're doing. Congratulations!!

Margie:thumbup:

Hi,

Had my surgery November 4th. At the hospital I went to, they keep everyone overnight. No complaints, got some good drugs for mild pain :smile2: and I went home the next afternoon ater a barium swallow.

Had some pain for the next few days. Felt pretty much the same as if you did way too many sit-ups at one time. The Surgeon gave me additonal pain medication but I didn't need it.

Slept a lot more than usual for the next 2 days. Could easilty have gone back to work Monday the 9th. But I thought I would take an extra day to get caught up on everything.

Good luck on your recovery.:)

Hi there! I was banded the 4th of November, too! Looks like it was a popular date :smile2:

I've been feeling ok. Just can't wait for the day I wake up completley pain free! I am having issues witht he Protein shakes. They are WAY too sweet, so I"ve been having 3-4 Carnation Instant Bfast drinks a day to get my Protein in!

Congrats on your surgery!! I was banded Nov. 5th. I still have pain around my port site but every day it is getting better. Glad that all of us November bandsters will be doing this journey together. Take care!!!