Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confused and perplexed?????

I have not had the surgery yet and i just wanted to know if every one thinks thy made the right choice

I have not had the surgery yet and i just wanted to know if every one thinks thy made the right choice

Yep, no regrets. Not a one. It isn't always easy to lose the weight, and it's been a bit slow, but I am losing and I have hope...something in short supply pre-band.

All I have to add is...These days I eat very little but protien is my main concern! Restriction has been perfect.

Just when I have that piece of chicken or that scoop of cottage cheese for breakfast...I want to eat more, but I can't and know the feeling.

I have been very lucky lately, I feel like i'm going to BP then I start waving my arms around and it go's down!

Some might say I'm too tight...

I haven't BPed in weeks and I sleep good!

I have 3 meals a day and 3 quarts of water!

No regrets here either. It can certainly be a struggle at times as I try to find alternatives to emotional eating, but I wouldn't change a thing.

I think I made the right choice. Something had to be done and after 30 plus years of dieting hell, the band comes in quite handy. No, it doesn't "do it for me". Yes, I still have to put forth the effort. But, I have help with the band. I have a little help now, not too much because I was just banded and have yet to get my fills. Even without the fill I have lost 14 pounds so far.

Gastric Bypass would be quicker but to me, it wasn't worth the risks. I am glad I did this.

I have to comment on the whole starvation mode bit. I don't know at what point our bodies enter this mode and I'm certain that it's different for everyone, but I do know that entering into starvation mode will damage our metabolisms, unless we work to build it back up again. Simply put, starvation mode means our body stores fat and burns muscle. Losing muscle makes our metabolisms slow down. Starvation mode doesn't happen overnight, it takes some time. My thoughts are that if we can't take in enough calories to feed the muscle we try to build through weight training we'll probably plateau longer. It's trying to find that delicate balance that seems to be the issue.

For me, I'm trying to not go below 1,200 calories per day and eat at least 70 grams of protien per day, so I can build the muscle I work so hard to get. It may take me longer to lose the weight but I think in the end I'll be able to eat more and have more energy.