Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many pounds have you guys lost in your first 2 weeks after surgery

I am in the same boat going to start week 3, first 2 weeks lost 13lbs but have gained 3 lbs. Little discouraged also keep thinkinh I will gain more once I strat mushies. My first fill itsn't until Nov. 23. :sad:

For me from the Sugery 10/15/09 to the post op Appointment 10/26/09 was 15 pounds.

My surgery was 10/19 I weighed myself just minutes before I left my house to go to the hospital for surgery. I weighed 229. I came back home on Wednesday(had to stay a day longer than expected, had hiatal hernia repair also, and pain was very intense) and when I weighed myself I was 244. That's 15 lbs gained, and that isn't from eating. I never touched the broth they brought me. I had maybe three sugar free popsicles and Water. That was it. I'm assuming it was the fluids they were pumping in me and the swelling. I am now at 225-226. I have hunger issues, but I've been doing pretty good at not eating very often. SF popsicles are a savior, and SF Kool-aid!. Did anyone else gain that much weight post op??

yeah i lost 25 pounds in post-op.... and i decided 2 buy a scale but i returned it for the simple fact that i kept weighing myself every 2 seconds. So i only get to weigh myself at the doctor's office. im kind of surprised that you guys were on a pre op liquid diet. i couldn't do it.. my last 3 days before surgery i just ate subway tunafish subs. The thing that i really hate is that i cant eat bread! like that is gonna kill me... even if he lets me have it like once a week i will be happy... but nooooo NO BREAD! but idc i know ima eat some potatoes lol... but yeah

reading this has been sooo helpful. just knowing im not alone and that what is going on is normal, really helps!!!

i lost 4 lbs prior to surgery, then i lost 12 the first week and only 1 lb the 2nd week. i was sooo mad bc im still on liquids and mushies and think i should still be losing. i think my body is mad about the 12 lbs in one week and it holding on a bit before shedding anymore. so i'm down 13 since surgery and i'm 2 weeks out yesterday. (banded on 10/22) and 4 lbs the few weeks prior to sugery. it just freaks me out that i just started mushies and still have regulars and already it has slowed down!!?? just hoping and praying that it starts picking up again.

Yeah i was just wondering like i went to my doc.(surgeon doc) appointment yesterday... and funny thing is i had surgery on 10/08/2009 and had a docs appointment on 10/13/2009<for a checkup.. and i weighed the same amount as i did yesterday.. i was highly confused!!! but yeah

so how much did you guys loose your first 2 weeks... either way im happy... i just gonna start excerising more and now im able to go to the gym since everything is closed!...

Hi. I was banded on 10/23. Since surgery I have lost 19lbs. Before surgery with the preop I lost 11lbs. Together with a total of 30lbs. I just started mushies on Monday and haven't lost anymore but as I am told I probably won't until after a couple of fills because this is the healing process for me.

I lost about 20 pounds on the 10 day pre-op liquid diet, and I did continue to lose after but I don't remember how much - on liquids I think the weight still came off quickly, but as I started to eat again it slowed down. I've been told it was unusual that I did continue to lose weight before any fills, but everyone is a little different. Don't worry about how much you lose until you get some restriction from your fills.

I'm wondering about you're exercising though - I was told to take it easy and not lift anything heavy for the 6 weeks after the surgery - walking and moving around is great, but don't overdo - you are still healing.

I lost 15 pounds the first week and then slowed after that. I am down 24 pounds since 9/29.

I lost 16 pounds in the two weeks prior to surgery and have lost 11 in the three weeks since surgery, though most of that 11 was in the first week. Like so many others here have posted, I'm not expecting a whole lot more until my first fill (scheduled for 11/17).