Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

Hi i had surgery Jan 22 2020, and i am having a difficult time. I have lost 45lbs but it has been this way for almost 2 months i go for my 4th fill in July but i still dont have much restriction...there is noting i cant eat. How have you been doing so far since this post?

Rachel I have experienced exactly the same thing as you. A plataeu for about 6-8 weeks. The last 2 weeks I've been eating everything (and alot of it...way more than my pouch should hold) and kind of just giving up. HOWEVER, I have abandoned that toxic mentality and as of today have started back on track. I had my 1st fill in May and every since then it's been downhill. I go for another one in 2 weeks (the week AFTER vacation) so hopefully that will help with restriction as I feel as though I had more BEFORE my fill. I know its crazy and everybody is different so PLEASE hang in there it does get better.

Keep us posted on your progress...you are doing fabulous and you will continue to, I just know it!

Thank you so much for the positive support!

Hey to all . . . haven't been here in a month or so . . . been "down in the dumps" . . . my weight hasn't varied much for the past month and a half . . . right now, I've lost around 38 lbs. and just had another fil about two weeks ago. Doctor says she won't consider another fill until September.

I've had three fills (5cc, 2cc, and 2cc) in a 12cc band).

Two problems I have to conquer: exercising and leaving off my happy hour cocktail......this is killing my weight loss....plus there's still not a lot of restriction :thumbup:.

Reading all your posts is inspiring, so I'll definitely do this more! Thanks to you! :thumbup:

Hey Barb!

Don't give up the ship!! You are doing SOOO awesome. I too am on again off again with the exercise but you will find something that works for you I'm sure! It's all about balance and figuring out what works and every week is different. Our bodies are changing SO much we have to try not to get discourgaged.

Checking in here is great inspiration so please come back often.

Take care and keep up the great work! You ARE doing it :thumbup:

Claricey

Hi Just a follow up... it's been 7 month on July 5th. I'm so proud and actually happy. I am ahead of my goal. My goal is 10lbs a month. I'm at 72 lbs down. My friends keep telling me to get new clothes, and to stop hemming my closes every month. I recently when on a airplane I had no trouble with the seat belt.. I almost had tears i front of a complete stranger. I can now run with out gasping for air. My hair is kind-of subsiding from falling out. I have had one fill of 4 cc's in march. I have a lot more to go though but so far this is worth it. I would like to know for the January banster's how many fills have you had and how much Fluid are you at? Have you had a unfill ?

I was also banned on Jan 5, 2010 I started at 281 and am at 217. I am happy with my progress and hope to continue without hitting one of the dreaded plateaus. I have had several fills and my band is at 5.5 of 12 right now. I did not have a fill in June and will not be asking for one in July. I have finally gotten to my sweet spot and am excited to be losing 3 to 4 pounds a week. Hope you have a wonderful day. Hugs and kisses to all the winners out there who have choosen to lose.

Originally Posted by heavenly84 viewpost.gif

I would like to know for the January banster's how many fills have you had and how much Fluid are you at? Have you had a unfill ?

Hey to all . . . haven't been here in a month or so . . . been "down in the dumps" . . . my weight hasn't varied much for the past month and a half . . . right now, I've lost around 38 lbs. and just had another fil about two weeks ago. Doctor says she won't consider another fill until September.

I've had three fills (5cc, 2cc, and 2cc) in a 12cc band).

Two problems I have to conquer: exercising and leaving off my happy hour cocktail......this is killing my weight loss....plus there's still not a lot of restriction :thumbup:.

Reading all your posts is inspiring, so I'll definitely do this more! Thanks to you! :confused:

Hey, don't worry sometimes they know what is best and sometimes you will know. I would like to say that my husband knows I like a good drink once in a while and he ran out and got me the Skinny Girl Margarita, there is also a drink called the Skinny Bitch, Google them and they rock. I don't do any with the soad, but my husband found diet cola Syrup so no carbonation and that had worked great. Good luck

Skinnygirl margarita is YUMMM!! I like 'em a little sweeter so I add a sprinkle of Equal.

I've started getting some bad habits and have seen the scale stop for about a month. I've learned no ice cream in the house or I will it. I've learned things to snack on that are good for me rather than sabotage me, so hopefully I'll see some loss on the scale soon.

I haven't had a fill in 2 months and don't really plan on getting one soon. I think any more restriction and it will be hard to eat. My problem now isn't how much I can eat, it's how soon I get hungry again. I can eat small amounts, but in about 1.5 - 2 hours, I'm hungry again. Kinda defeats the purpose, huh?

Oh well...I'm gonna keep on trucking!

It sounds like many of us are hitting the same plateaus... we just have to hang in there.. this is getting close to half time and we just have to regroup...

I have found that I still shop with my "eyes" and not what I can physically eat so I am gradually changing that which is nice... I went camping on the 4th of July and was very pleased with my level of restraint and control.... I tried to focus on the company of my brother and sister versus the food that we were cooking on the fire:):)

Some of us are at pleateaus (mine is slow loss versus no loss which is a plus).. but we just have to keep going...

Some are doing SUPER (thats for you Cherie Lynn:):smile: and some of us are doing good and others need to keep chugging along... we would all love to be in the lose it fast group but that is not life... so we have to take the cards we are dealt and work with it to the best of our ability...I am going back to my early diet of Soup in the morning and chicken salad in the afternoon....

We can do this everyone... keep up the great positive thoughts...

On a positive side.. as of this morning I lost 7 inches off the hips since Jan 26.. so I feel great about that... for the first time, I am not deleting every picture when I go out with the kids....

Speaking of that.. Here we are at the ball park yesterday...I am happy to say that I cannot see that double chin in this picture:):angry:

AWESOME FUN!!!

post-274028-13813139430719_thumb.jpg

I haven't posted in a reeeaaalllyyy long time, but I too hit a platuae (sp). I am starting back on track today. I was 282 at banding back on January 14th and now I am at 236 and have been here for about a montha and a half now.... ugh! But I can easily recognize what I have been doing to sabotage myself and I honestly haven't been "actively" trying and havent had a fill since my fourth was done in early May.

I am kinda scared though casue I keep reading about people who "stretched thier pouches etc. I am praying I haven't done anything I can't get my self out of :thumbup:

Oh well today is a new day and I'm back to trying and working this thing out!

Also I wanted to share a tip for those of you that track your food and Protein down... I picked up this really awesome notebook at GNC yesterday called the body minder. It is awesome it has a spot for Water intake, fat, calories, protein, and carbs... and a bunch of other stuff. I think this will be really helpful anyway best of luck to all!

Hey everyone.. just thought I would post an update photo...

In about 40 pounds I will be even happier but I am pretty OK with things right now....

I did cut my head off (again:):unsure: One day I will perfect this process.....:unsure:

post-274028-13813139469528_thumb.jpg

You look awesome....great job! I am getting my third fill tomorrow so hopefully my weight loss will increase a little each month. Right now I'm at about 4 lbs a month, with 50 more to go, and even though I am working out a lot, the weight isn't coming off as fast as I thought it would. However, those inches keep coming. I wore a size 18 pants and now my size 14s are getting too big!

Keep up the good work!

Just had my 2nd fill this morning. I got 1.8cc - not much but he said I am tight so be careful and report any issues. I'll be on liquids through Saturday and then mushies on Sunday. Back to normal food on Monday. Hoping this gives me the restriction and helps me break out of this plateau!

Onward and upward! We are all doing so GREAT...keep it up gang! :thumbup:

I had just recently posted and i do realize my no weight loss is coming from sabotaging myself. My husband and i have always been weekend drinkers. We have no children yet so we still like to go out more than we should. I had stop drinking for about two months after surgery 1/2010 and lost 28 pounds right off the bat. After that I went back to having a few drinks to now being about to drink beer. I am very careful, but i know the carbonation can possibly stretch the pouch. I am also able to eat whatever i like. Today was a bad day and dinner was 2 pieces of pizza and a garlic roll. This is hard for me, because i have no self control when it comes to what to eat. At surgery I was 273 now i am 226, so... its going but i beat myself up for how i eat. This is how i got heavy in the first place so im constantly asking myself how lapband is really suppose to help when you have a food addiction. All the dieting ive done, was very similar to the lapband....watch what you eat, and exercise......uggghhh well tomorrow i am going to try to get back on track i would really love to lose 10 lbs by the end of August! Thank you all so much for the support and listening. This is a great website to let feelings out and get responses from people who feel the same or can give helpful advise.

I also wanted to write that i just received my 4th fill and i am at 7.25cc in a 10cc band...........i need to change because i am worried about my pouch stretching

Rachel, I really really feel your pain and frustration. I've even gone as far as finding an Overeater's Anonymous meeting in my local area...but I haven't brought myself to go yet. They have a questionairre you answer yes or no to and if you answer yes 3 or more times, then you are a food addict. I answered yes to ALL of them. :bolt:

I don't know how to stop. I haven't lost anything in 3...going on 4...months. I know what I'm doing wrong, but for some reason feel powerless to stop. Every day I wake up telling myself, TODAY will be different. But then by nightfall, as my kids are in bed and no one can see...I start my eating. cheese and crackers, a glass of wine, some Fritos, a couple of cookies....by the time I go to bed, I am so sick to my stomach.

Does anyone attend WLS support group meetings? I've never been, but have thought about it. But the meetings are usually over topics such as how to eat on vacation, exercising, etc...I want SUPPORT...not a weight watchers meeting. Ya know?

txprincess, thanks for chatting. My problem is at night too. For Breakfast i usually have a Protein Shake, or hard boiled egg with fruit, snack is usually yogurt, lunch is always a Protein, usually chicken, and i try to get in a veggie. dinner varies i do a lot of grilled chicken, and fish. Sweets is my problem and the drinking on the weekend. I will still devour a piece or cake or a couple brownies with milk, then lay in bed in agony. My husband asks why i do that to myself....and i have no good answer. I really thought i would do well with this, and it is very frustrating. If you ever want to talk more about things or how a day went my email is rachels0678@aol.com. Maybe we can compare things and work together:) Im trying to keep my head up and so far today hasnt been so bad....