Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded June 30th 2009 How is everyone?

Hey everyone, been alwhile since I have talked just wondering how everyone is doing out there. I have lost 30lb.s since the surgery. But I feel I am losing steam. My weight keeps going up and down by 2 pounds. Need to get my head around this life style again. Excercise more and write down what I eat. Have a fill for next week. Just need some support. Cece

Banded: June 30th 2009 Dr. Campbell CMC NH:bored:

I'm going through the same thing. My weight keeps hovering around the same few pounds, and I am able to eat more. I just had a fill on Tues, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I'm finding it hard to stay motivated, and that scares me.

Thank goodness I found you guys!! This is my first thread. I got banded on June 30th as well. So far I only lost 25 pounds. I think it's mental. Fills don't help to keep me focused. I can eat small amounts of everything, I have never gotten sick at all. I find it hard to keep motivated. (I'm the loose 2 pounds girl, too) A good tool I found was a food diary on www.mealsmatter.org I printed four days on a page double sided and carry it with me everywhere.

I started out with a BMI of 40. I have heard that the lower your BMI the less you'll lose. I don't know how true that is, but with the holidays coming up I need to be more disciplined and it's hard.:closedeyes:

Thank goodness I found you guys!! This is my first thread. I got banded on June 30th as well. So far I only lost 25 pounds. I think it's mental. Fills don't help to keep me focused. I can eat small amounts of everything, I have never gotten sick at all. I find it hard to keep motivated. (I'm the loose 2 pounds girl, too) A good tool I found was a food diary on www.mealsmatter.org I printed four days on a page double sided and carry it with me everywhere.

I started out with a BMI of 40. I have heard that the lower your BMI the less you'll lose. I don't know how true that is, but with the holidays coming up I need to be more disciplined and it's hard.:closedeyes:

hey i was banded ont he 29th so i think i can still respond :w00t: i was aroubd a 37 or 38 bmi when i started.. i lost 50 pounds since surgery but again everyone is different. I wanted to comment because its not just the fills.. well in the begining thetruth is its the fills that got this weight down. but now!! im snacking,lost focus, eating deserts all things i know i can eat. and i started to think wait a min do i need a fill as if its really injected into my brain to stop this love affair! its not. i thought i was cured i thought ahh i lost some weight and thats it im a changed person.

Then low and behold i think about food, i snack when i can and choose thign si know will work and i asked myself what happend? whats this about? cuz im not cured. we have good and bad days..im 25 years old and if u told me to write down what i eat id joke and say eeh no room on the paper. but now i do everyday or eery other soi keep track. No bullshit about not having space or i ate bad.. it keeps us aware. and somethng about being aware no matter if we made good or bad choices works wonder all by itself.

so if i can suggest anything in my own time of "falling of the wagon" is rember as far as we used to fall before well never ever fall as bad as preband. and this is no race and not magic.

i had the strangest month i can eat then i cant i struggle with a bite, and now suddenly my port is bothering me,,

but regarding falling off just get back on..i fell off the deep end last night and im floating away this afternoon.

ah i wish u ladies luck, keep at it with ur fills..

keep me posted

hey i was banded ont he 29th so i think i can still respond :laugh: i was aroubd a 37 or 38 bmi when i started.. i lost 50 pounds since surgery but again everyone is different. I wanted to comment because its not just the fills.. well in the begining thetruth is its the fills that got this weight down. but now!! im snacking,lost focus, eating deserts all things i know i can eat. and i started to think wait a min do i need a fill as if its really injected into my brain to stop this love affair! its not. i thought i was cured i thought ahh i lost some weight and thats it im a changed person.

Then low and behold i think about food, i snack when i can and choose thign si know will work and i asked myself what happend? whats this about? cuz im not cured. we have good and bad days..im 25 years old and if u told me to write down what i eat id joke and say eeh no room on the paper. but now i do everyday or eery other soi keep track. No bullshit about not having space or i ate bad.. it keeps us aware. and somethng about being aware no matter if we made good or bad choices works wonder all by itself.

so if i can suggest anything in my own time of "falling of the wagon" is rember as far as we used to fall before well never ever fall as bad as preband. and this is no race and not magic.

i had the strangest month i can eat then i cant i struggle with a bite, and now suddenly my port is bothering me,,

but regarding falling off just get back on..i fell off the deep end last night and im floating away this afternoon.

ah i wish u ladies luck, keep at it with ur fills..

keep me posted

Thanks soo much for your encouragement! Sometimes I wonder if it's "just me", so I thank you. :blushing:

I get it I had stalled to and just now started going back down. Keep doing what you know works and it will start back down again. Look at all the weight we have lost and would we be were we are with out the band? It is a mind over matter battle somesimes but we will all get there! Keep up the great work and keep us posted.

Edited by bristlecone

I was banded June 12th and am down 49 pounds INCLUDING two week preop diet. I have fifty to go. I feel like it is a slow process but looking back now it seems like it went kinda quick! I weighed in this morning at 199.5!! I was very happy (isnt that gross) but I have been working REALLY hard at this. I eat about 1200 calories a day and work out for an hour almost every day. I do have occasional "treats" like a small soft serve vanilla ice cream cone from DQ which is like heaven :laugh: I think that the changes are so much more managable then anything I have ever done. This band keeps me from being obsessive about my eating and I rarely feel hungry. I am so much more in control and one the occasion that I am not, the band keeps me from "over doing" it. I tend to lean towards instant gratification but I remind myself slow and steady wins the race. Keep at it everyone, keep up the fight :Banane20::blushing:

Hi, I was banded on June 30th too. I have had 3 fills, then 1 unfill and a couple of days ago had my 4th fill and they put back in what they took out. So far since my fill on Wed I dont see any difference in how much I am eating. I have 65lbs left to lose yet. Good luck to all! Keep in touch!

That's what I love about this site. It's not a case of misery loves company, but one of I'm not alone in my journey, and the plateau and hard times are not only happening to me. I lve the threads of others who started around the same time as me.

It was a nice feeling when I was loosing slighly quicker than others, and it motivates me when I'm lagging behind. No matter what our scales say today, we've come a long way, baby. Congratulations to all of us!

Joan

I'm so glad i found this thread! I was banded June 23rd.. and i've lost 35 lbs so far. Well usually I say I've ONLY lost 35lbs, lol. But im glad to see its right on track or not too far behind most of yall :blushing: Definately uplifting to know i'm not alone. Im starting a food journal right now.. any other tips??

:cool2:Thank you guys for all your thoughts. I need to write down what I am eating and also watch my portion sizes. I have another fill the end of the month sooner if I think I need one. My doctor did not want to give me another fill last week because of the heart burn troubles I was having. Though I feel it is more because of my allergies and asthma that has kicked up. I feel better this weekend and need to watch my portion sizes because I can eat more than I should. Iam just talking one day at a time. And watching on how quiclkly I am eating. I tend to eat fast. Good luck guys! Cece1418

Banded: June 30th CMC Dr. Campbell

weight.png