Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

does anyone know Dr. Adam Smith in Texas?

Hi,

I am going for my initial "seminar" on 10-26. It's in Albuquerque but with Dr. Adam Smith from Ft. Worth Lap Band. He is opening an office in Albuquerque. He also practices with Dr. Ferrara and Dr. Slicho (sp on both?). Has anyone heard of any of them or used them for the procedure? Just trying to gather info.

I went to Dr. Adam Smith's seminar for Fort Worth LAP-BAND® in September. It was interesting and I learned alot. Dr. Smith had patients there to tell about their LAP-BAND® experiences and he was quite willing to answer any/all questions (so don't be afraid to ask anything~pretty sure no one will laugh). Hope you learn alot!

I just got officially accepted for the LAP-BAND® program on 10-16-2009. Medicare and Tricare will be paying for my surgery and I'm seeing Dr. Craig Ferrara (partner in Ft. Worth Lapband). I'm so excited!!! :confused:

Everything is possible, but nothing is easy.

Edited by jlblove
misspelled words

Hey JLBLove,

Congratulations on your approval:w00t:. Are you going to the Ft. Worth office? Mine will be in Albuquerque when the office opens there. I am so excited about getting started.:confused: Just since I started talking and thinking about the LapBand I feel like I have gained a thousand pounds!! It can't happen too soon.

K

Hi Turtlewoman! :)

Yes, I'm going to the Ft. Worth office (didn't know they were opening one in Albuquerque but, that's great). Everybody who works there is very nice, really knows what they're talking about and doesn't mind answering lots of questions (even silly ones). I'm sure the Albuquerque staff will be like that, too.

I know what "since I started talking and thinking about the LAP-BAND® I feel like I have gained a thousand pounds" means. I feel like that, too (shows where our attention is focused). Because Medicare/Tricare are paying for mine and have their own wierd requirements, it'll be 6 months before my surgery. But I know I will learn a bunch in that time and be SO ready!!!! :thumbup:

If you haven't found them, the site for Fort Worth LapBand is: Fort Worth LAP-BAND® - Fort Worth, TX. Maybe that will help you know what you're doing and who you're dealing with.

:confused:

(we both can!)

I wasn't going to register here until I had a surgery date but, I saw your message and knew I could answer it. Now that I think about it, I'm glad I'm doing this because I think it'll help me while I'm waiting.

jlblove :thumbup:

If you lack the courage to start,

you have already finished.

Dr. Smith did my surgery 2 years ago. I've had all 3 of the docs you mentioned do fills for me. I have been pleased with the care I've gotten from this office. I haven't applied myself like I should have so have been at a plateau for about a year. But... I just went back last week and this fill seems to finally be the right one for me.

Truthfully you have very little contact with the docs once the surgery is done. The ball is definitely in your court after that time. However, I feel confident that they would be there for me if I had any problems, which thankfully I haven't (except my own motivation! :thumbup:

Good luck!

I had my sugery on August 5, 2009 by Dr. Adam Smith, and I have and 3 fills by Dr. Slicho do all my fills. I have been very happy with my visits. Good Luck..

Hi,

I am going for my initial "seminar" on 10-26. It's in Albuquerque but with Dr. Adam Smith from Ft. Worth Lap Band. He is opening an office in Albuquerque. He also practices with Dr. Ferrara and Dr. Slicho (sp on both?). Has anyone heard of any of them or used them for the procedure? Just trying to gather info.

I had my surgery with Dr. Ferrera in June of 2010 and he continues to do my fills. I've lost 113 pounds and continue to lose 1-2 pounds a week, but it is not easy.

Hi Turtlewoman!

I had my surgery (Dr. Ferrara) 24 May 2010. I reached my goal ~ a new, slightly lower # (65 lbs lost) ~ after 10 months (24 Mar 2011)!!! :Banane53: I feel and look GREAT!!! It's amazing to actually wear size 8! We got back Fri from a 10-day vacation to AZ and I only gained 1/2 lb (which, I hope, will be gone by Mon).

I go back to Ft. Worth LapBand later this month for my 1-year visit. I love everyone there, they are all so friendly and encouraging!

It sounds like you're doing better than good so, keep it going! I know it's not easy and can be frustrating but, you're bound to be feeling (& looking) good. It just keeps getting better ~ promise!!!

jlblove

:success1:

My primary doctor actually recommended Dr. Smith to me, as someone in his office had gone through WLS with Dr. Smith and was very happy with the outcome. Dr. Smith has the LapBand too, so I think his greatest strength is that he can understand exactly what you are going through, more than most doctors can.