Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone in or around the Georgetown, Texas area?

I was banded on Wednesday, October 7th and would love to have a local support group that is in this area so I don't have to drive to Temple for them. :scared2:

Would love to have someone in the area so we could maybe get together and walk and talk about what's going on.

Good luck to all!!

Hi Martom,

I'm in Leander...I was just banded on the 17th. How are you doing so far?

Hi Flychica!

I am doing great! I went and got another .6cc's put in this past Wednesday and have lost 28 pounds so far!!! This was the best decision I have ever made!!! How are you getting along??

I'm doing pretty good, not too much pain. Other than this weird pain or sensation when I go from laying down to sitting up. Feels like air moving up...not sure how to describe it. Its almost like a painful burp or sneeze in one.

Still doing the Clear liquids and looking forward to the regular liquids...next Tuesday can't get here soon enough. LOL.

Wow! 28lbs in a month? That is awesome...I'm really hoping to see those type of results as well. I go for my 2 week f/u appointment on December 4th.

The pain you are feeling could be from all the gas they put in you during surgery. It ended up in my shoulder and was very painful. You could also be swollen from the surgery. I was so swollen it was hard to even get liquids down. This is all a learning process. I learn new things just about every day now. Like that I can no longer eat breads and that green Beans don't settle well. You will find what works for you and sometimes it takes getting sick to figure it out. Just remember to chew, chew, chew and eat slowly!!!

I'm so scared of getting sick, I think thats why I'm taking it extra slow...on sipping and drinking things right now.

Yeah, it may be the gas...cause at moments I feel it in my left shoulder then it moves. But I always feel it in the middle of my chest, like its going to come out in a burp...and it never does. LOL. It doesn't hurt as bad as it did before though.

Yeah, I figured I wouldn't be able to touch bread...and that was my thing before this. So I had already started switching from white to whole wheat before the surgery...to get used to it, and hopefully I will be able to at least get a lil' bit of the whole wheat bread down when I can try.

I have found I cannot eat break at all, which is not necessarily a bad thing! LOL. It's been a pretty easy transition so far because it's only me and my younger daughter, who is a health nut anyway, at home. My husband got back to the states today from Afghanistan and will be home next week so we will see how things go from there. I have not seen him since January so I am really pumped right now!! :bored:

Awww...thats good your hubby is home. Yes, its a bit hard with someone around who's still eating whatever but I think I will rub off on my own hubby. He's lost some weight himself when he did the Atkin's diet w/ me for the 2 week pre-op.

I keep on saying I'm hungry, when I see stuff on tv or smell things. But really, I'm not...I don't know why I do that. I guess its like that thing when you hit your foot and it really didn't hurt...but you say Ouch for some reason. LOL.

Identifying head hunger versus real hunger was a problem for me but I found if I drink some Water and do something else, then it goes away so it was head hunger. If it doesn't go away, then I am really hungry. And yes, your tummy will growl with head hunger!! I also learned that if I limit myself to one carb a week and three fruits it helps with the hunger issue. I am not as hungry when I stick to mostly Protein and veggies!!

I'm looking forward to eating again though...so what is working for you? What kind of Proteins, etc?

VERY moist chicken, steak, fish and tuna is what I have been eating to get most of my Protein. I also bought some Isopure clear Liquid Protein drink for days I don't feel I got enough protein down. It has zero carbs and fat and only 130 calories and no sugar. And it does not taste bad either. My one carb a week is usually mashed potatoes or a baked potato. Veggies I have been slowly introducing back but I was drinking V-8 juice to get those in as well. Oh, scrambled eggs in the mornings is what I usually have for Breakfast and I have half a grapefruit three times a week as well. I can eat soft boiled eggs as well and when I make my tuna I use fat free mayo, dill relish, hard boiled eggs and the tuna and I make it moist as well. You just have to get creative. I also eat low fat cheese sticks. I tried some swiss cheese but it was too dry and made me sick because it got stuck. You just have to play with the food and find out what does and does not work for you. Like I said, it's a learning process!!!

Okay, thanks for the ideas. Its always good to hear what others are trying out.

I often have cravings for stuff that isn't too good for me. I normally don't give into them but I have learned to let myself have some of the things I want in small portions. I feel if I don't give myself a break sometimes my craving just get worse.

Carrie

Cedar park, TX

I often have cravings for stuff that isn't too good for me. I normally don't give into them but I have learned to let myself have some of the things I want in small portions. I feel if I don't give myself a break sometimes my craving just get worse.

Carrie

Cedar park, TX

Hi Carrie,

Yeah, I have had my few moments in the past two weeks...I did eat some pudding...that helps w/ the chocolate cravings.

I am in central Austin, TX. I was banded March 25, 2008. Congrats on your surgery!