Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got my lapband on 9/28 I am so very hungry!!!!! I have had nothing but crystal light since the surgery. So far beginning with my pre-op diet I have lost 30lbs. But on the down side I am very tired and have no energy. This is hard for me a normally very active person. I can barely stand for more than 10 minutes. I am hoping at my visit on Tuesday my doc will let me go to full liquids. I got my cream and Tomato Soups all ready!! It makes it harder having to cook 3 meals a day for my family, but it will be ok. This part cannot last too much longer.

I know what your going through! Hang in there Can you have hot tea? what about sugar free ice pops?

I had my surgery on 10/02/09, so I'm just about a week in, but I was allowed to have full liquids after day 2. I've been having protien shakes, thin mashed potatoes, grits and jell-o, Also allowed skinny cow ice cream. I don't over indulge on these things, and I have lost 8.2 lbs since last monday. So I think I'm doing pretty well.

I never had to go on Clear Liquids only. It sounds really harsh. I wonder if your electrolytes are out of balance. Are you allowed drinks like Gatorade, or can you have chicken/beef broth? Isopure makes a Gatorade like Protein Drink that I drink when I need a Protein boost. Some people don't like them, but I think they're pretty good over ice. I hope you can go on full liquids Tuesday.

Mist I am allowed tea but I don't drink tea. I have a very sensitive belly when it comes to taste. If it tastes bad to me I can't keep it down. Which when regular food are avalible is not really an issue I love fruits, veggies, meat, Soups, cheeses...ok making my self hungry again.

Kiz no Protein drinks yet and my doc discourages them because of calorie counts. Of course I have no idea how much calories are in them cause I have never tried one.

mammy Oh how I wish I could be u. I would kill for some potatoes or grits...or ice cream you are way too lucky!!

the doctors are all so different! Mine leans more to carb restriction and low calorie. My Protein Shakes are 110 cals and 17grams of Protein with very few carbs. I don't know what my stage two will have to offer for food but right now I could chew on the table leg! :smile: My last solid food was on 9/20, so I'm really looking forward to the next 8 days passing very quickly!

Mine was super strict with the carbs. But I went through the same thing you guys are with the weakness. It'll change soon though, promise! In the meantime, try to get rest and don't do more work than you need to!

Call your dr. I cant beleive that is all you have had since surgery. I was feeling similiar with 0 energy and dr. said to drink Gatorade because I wasnt getting any calories. I also did do a few Isopure and they have about 160 calories taste FAIR and the Protein can give you some energy. I am now 13 days post op and STILL am not to normal although I am older than you lol. From day 7 on I have been on Tomato Soup cottage cheese, a few other boring stuff but enough to at least keep movin. Thursday I start "regular" food and NOT looking forward to it. The appetite is really not there. It is truly a NEW journey and we will make it and be successful.