Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

List of October Bansters

I am October 22! I am dreading the pre-op diet! Iwould love any advice or names of good shakes!

Thanks,

Tonya B SC:redface:

I personally don't care for any of them. However, I have become a fan of Soups, and put in a serving of unflavored Protein in it. I use Unjury unflavored. I just put my Soup, usually a broth or creme of something soup, and a scoop full of the protein in the blender to blend it up really good and heat. Just don't get the soup too hot or the protein sticks together and gets kind of slimy.

I don't have the exact date yet, but I should be in for surgery by the end of October!

October 19 is my date! Good Luck everyone!

Hi Congratulations on your journey! I had surgery on the 23rd of Sept. and had to do the pre op diet. I didnt try a lot of different ones only 3 but I liked the EAS brand got it at Walmart for $4.97 and had coupons for $2 off and drank 7 a day. I liked the dark chocolate fudge didnt care much for the strawberry and the french vanillia was so - so. :smile: I did get headaches on day 2 and nurse told me it was withdrawls from carbs so I took Tylenol no help and then drank diet sodas ( which I hardly ever do) and that helped. From day 3 on I had more energy than I knew what to do painted bedroom, cleaned windows and closets. The house was sparkling for surgery time. I pray the best and a quick recovery.

I'm October 15 in Raleigh, NC. I'm exited,nervous and hopeful. Trying not to have they syndrome "The Last Supper" before surgery. I know I can do it, I just have to get my mind on something else... but it is sort of hard- as I do love to eat- Good luck to everyone who has October dates for surgery!

Being banded Oct 15th in Louisville, KY. I am so excited and can't wait to start this journey to a healthier me. Good luck to all October Bandsters. :smile:

I made it home safe. Surgery was over & I was out of the recovery room into my own hospital room by 3pm. Woke up with gas pains...

:frown:

:thumbup:Good Luck everyone!!!!

Oct 20 is going to be the first day of my new life!!! I'm so excited.

I was banded October 1st! I'm doing pretty well for five days out of surgery. Excited to hear from others banded in Oct. :frown:

I am october 13.

For those of you that have been banded. Did you experience a

burning feeling in your abdomin? I have a really bad burning feeling when i'm up and moving around. When i get up and down is the part that i having problems with. If it weren't for that i would feel great.

I'm able to get down 4 oz's per meal. Loratab elixier is the worst tasting med ever. lmbo.

I have not experienced that burning while moving around. You didnt mention how long ago surgery was. Now that I am 12 days post op I have noticed a slight stinging at incision sites and feels like it is the healing. I also notice where the port is I get an uncomfortable feeling when I move a certain way but it is very minmal and from what I have read not uncommon. When in question call the dr. I really believe this. They are able to put our minds at rest and THAT is part of the healing. The very best to you on your journey.:frown:

My day is OCT 23! Thank You Lord!!!!